2009 Chrysler Aspen

9.3

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Best vehicle owned so far

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I have a very large family and pull a 21' cuddy cabin boat. It's a 2007 with the 5.7 HEMI. We love this vehicle. Only 1 mechanical problem so far. It was transmission cooler line leak. Was under warranty, so it was no big deal. I wish the navigation was touch screen, and also needs a little more cargo room behind the rear seat. This vehicle drives awesome. On snow covered roads, I've never witnesed a vehicle that feels as safe as this one. I also get compliments all the time on the looks of the Aspen. I'm keeping this vehicle 'till the wheels fall off. It has a lifetime powertrain warranty for as long as I own it! I hope this review helps anyone considering buying a used Aspen..They are discontinued for 2010."

Flawless Road Warrior

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"Our 2008 Aspen has over 38,000 trouble free miles on the odometer. This includes commuting; sports kids shuttling; hauling furniture, motorcycles and minibikes; a cross-country sightseeing trip with our family of 8 (no one under 10 y.o.) and a Sears X-Cargo up top; and even a bit of mudslinging, some mild rock climbing and a dash across the Bonneville Salt Flats! Through all, the Aspen was flawless: a versatile, comfortable, POWERFUL hauler and it actually handles much better than the KBB review suggests. Pros: Hemi power- this engine shrugs off heavy loads and even western mountain terrain. 100mph on cruise control through southwest Texas, smooth as glass. Equipment level- great Nav & radio interfaces, easy to master controls, kid-friendly DVD rear screen & dual channel controller/headsets, just enough bling. Reliablity- Except for one burned out brake lamp, no problems whatsoever. By this mileage, my Sequoia had numerous electronic issues and one "won't start" incident. Comfort (front row/third row)- Front is great, should be in a vehicle this size. But the third row holds the real "wow" factor because you're not looking for it: at 6'1", 195 lbs I am totally comfortable back there. My youngsters can stretch even 3 across. Ease of use- for all its features, you are an expert after only a couple of drives. Controls are incredibly intuitive. Best nav interface since my Infinity G35x, and that was a great one. Cons- Styling- has grown on me (although my wife loved it on sight) but it doesn't have the pizazz of say an Escalade. I did install sport racks to the roof rails which add, well, a sporty flair. Will soon add mud flaps and some NASCAR, Giants and Yankees decals to the back for my sons. That will complete the effect I prefer in an SUV. But, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT- the 20in. chrome wheels. Comfort (middle row)- wish the middle seats had a fore/aft adjustment. Comfortable enough and certainly not cramped but could have a couple of inches more leg stretching room. Quality- overall great but some of the interior plastics could have been softer touch."

Mistaken For Cadillac

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I have the 07 Aspen Limited, which is the 2WD and 4.7l V-8. Just took it on a cross country trek going from Seattle Washington, through California, then across to Biloxi, Mississippi. The car was as full as it could get with 4 adults and the rear area packed with 6 full size suitcases and a lot of smaller items. In constant stop & go traffic the Aspen averaged 13MPG. On the freeway, with this full load, the on board computer by the rear view mirror displayed an average of 20MPG. At best, in New Mexico, heading East, with just 2 adults and 5 luggage, we measure 23.2MPG. Now, on the Mississippi coastal roads, it averages 17MPG. This 4.7L V8, though about 100hp weaker than the 5,7L HEMI, still had plenty of power to haul a full load without any hesitation. The low end torque is incredible, snapping the heads back on a quick launch. Without a load, the suspension does feel a bit stiff, yet softened. The Aspen really settles in when a load is present (full of passengers or a heavy load in back. The ride with a moderate to full load is so smooth you feel as if the car is standing still. The interior road noise on the freeway is remarkably quiet--VERY quiet! On the road trip, many folks stopped me to compliment the car, saying they thought it was a Cadillac. It looks very regal on the road...I only wish the Aspen's interior--though very well laid out and appointed (even for the base model), was more luxurious than the Durango's. The 2nd & 3rd row bench seats could have been softer, but the 2 adults sitting for up to 8hrs in the 2nd row never complained. Cargo room is ample, and the use of LED lighting in the interior is a nice touch. The AC gets FREEZING cold when set to max...even for this huge cabin area! Overall, I am very pleased by the Aspen Limited (base model). I may just trade up to the Limited Plus, which has the 4WD and towing package."

My Number One

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I trade vehicles ALMOST every year. The longest I've had one in the 26 years I've been married is 22 months. However, I've had this Aspen for a year and DON'T plan to trade it anytime soon. It is the best riding SUV I have had. I have owned Dodge's, Ford's, Honda's and Chevy's and this is BY FAR the best SUV and almost overall vehicle I've owned. It is quiet, comfortable and plush. For its size, it gets wonderful gas mileage. I average 18 in town and 23 on the road. The Aspen turns heads and certainly is a conversation starter. I'm sure I'll hang on to this SUV for a long time to come."

well priced suv

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"has all bells and whistles.wide body means plenty room .resembles larger suvs .rides smooth handles well.plenty highway power.instruments are manual not digital.more appealing than durango.my fear this is only year of production."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Aspen near Honolulu. See local deals