2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,172 - $21,771.

10/7.6

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

Good Value For the Money

By on Saturday, August 15, 2015

Pros: "Great looking and a lot of car for the money."

Cons: "The entry level LX model doesn't offer many 'toys'"

The Chrysler 200 in Velvet Red

"I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200 and have found it to be very competitive with all its rivals including Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima and the Ford Fusion. When compared to the aforementioned vehicles the Chrysler 200 gives you a lot of bang for your hard earned money. Also Chrysler is offering incentives that can add up to over $5000 making the 200 very affordable even when you add some of the many options that are offered. The interior and exterior are both 1st class and in my opinion make the car a real head turner. The ride is smooth and quiet while offering quick acceleration even with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. If you want a great car and a good value I recommend you put the Chrysler 200 on your list of cars to consider."

The Chrysler 200 in Velvet Red

Great Experience!

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "Styling, interior, great features, quiet ride"

Cons: "Sometimes the 4 cyl lags a little."

"Traded in a 2014 Mazda 3 for the 200C. Wow, what a difference. I'm a big guy, 6'3" with an extra pound or two, and I easily fit into this car. Seats are very comfortable, especially on trips. My girlfriend has 200 that she bought 3 weeks before mine and we took it on a trip. The heated seats, steering wheel and ventilated seats are the best. The electronic brake and the rotary shift knob take a bit to get used to. I do like that you can program the electric brake to automatically turn on when the car is in park. The interior is very quiet and road noise kept to a minimum. Probably my favorite feature on the car is the 8.4" Uconnect screen. If you have the option to get one, GET IT! I check the weather forecast and the radar weather map daily. Having the Wifi hotspot app is also a great thing on a trip for the kids. Because the 8.4 screen is such a big screen, the image from the back up camera is fantastic... you can see just about everything. Outside the car, the styling is great and so is the paint quality. The trunk is not quite as large as some of the others in the class, but it has plenty of room for a few suitcases. I've had it for 500 miles so far, but without a doubt I'd recommend it to anyone."

Power, Style, and Tech.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fuel efficient, sharp looks, great tech"

Cons: "Stock tires are alright"

"I was in the market for a car that had a balance between power, sportiness, fuel economy, and either FWD or AWD. My search started with a Dodge Dart GT. It was a roomy, comfy, car with a go-kart feel. However, its fuel mileage and lack of power left me disappointed. Then I test drove a VW Jetta GLI. Quick, nimble, but closed in and small. Fuel mileage was alright. Price for a used one is around $26,000 (with options). Then I test drove a 200C FWD V6. I owned a Dodge Avenger R/T, which shares the same platform as the Sebring/200. However, this 2015 car is a complete overhaul. The only thing that carried over was the name and the engine (tuned to achieve 12 more hp over the 2014 model year). I test drove a FWD 200C V6, I love the way that this car is put together. The amount of refinement over the 2008-2014 years is unbelievable. I did end up purchasing a 200C AWD, in Granite Crystal Metallic with the linen leather interior. It has the premium light group, nav/sound (8.9" UConnect system), and the comfort group (ventilated seats). Interior wise, the car is very sharp. The leather is very soft and the seats are comfortable. Both heating and cooling of the seats is controlled with the UConnect touch screen. They can be programmed to turn on with the remote start system or when the engine is powered on. The gauge cluster features two analogue dials (Tachometer and Speedometer, they are labeled, which is kinda silly and one high-resolution display. The display is programmable. You can set it to display certain parameters in certain areas of the screen. It is very easy to use. The navigation system is powered by Garmin. It is integrated into the main screen and will display when to turn on the instrument cluster. Again, this is an extremely easy to use, intuitive, system. I only have a 2011 CTS nav/entertainment system to compare it to, but it isn't much of a comparison. The Cadillac's system is old, clunky, and hard to use. On the highway, the cabin is very quiet. The only thing you can hear is tire noise thanks to the budget Bridgestone's that come stock. Overall, I am very pleased with the refinement, storage, comfort, and ease of use with regards to the settings/UConnect system. The rotary shifter is also a novel idea and functions perfectly. It does throw off people at first as they don't know where the shift lever has gone. The Alpine sound system is clear, loud, and high quality. Exterior wise, the car is very sharp. The paint looks great in the sun and the body lines of the car are noticeable but not vulgar. Headlights are bright and high-beams are also great. The fog lights are LED and surprisingly bright and focused. Tailights take from the Charger/Dart and are LED but not across the whole trunk. They are reminiscent of an Audi A7 but look aggressive. Exhaust is molded into the rear bumper and lined with chrome, similar to the Ford Fusion Titanium (a car similar to this one). Performance wise, the V6 is throaty, smooth, and powerful. It is however, not fuel thirsty. I recorded a 31MPG on a 60 mile highway trip. I expect it to improve as the engine breaks in. The car has plenty of power and with the AWD system active, there is no torque steer or wheel spin. In the corners, the AWD is more sturdy than its FWD sibling. The 9-Speed transmission is quick and allows for 65mph at 1400RPM (in 8th gear, 9th gear drops it to nearly 1200RPM, which is too low to maintain it in 9th gear). In Sport mode AWD is always active. The trans shifts later and slightly quicker. Using the paddle shifters is easy, though the software needs to learn your driving habits or you will get double down shifts (one that the computer does and one that you do but the computer beats you to it). Steering is smooth and easy around town but not totally numb. On the highway, the steering becomes heavy, which I view as a good thing. Overall, very pleased with the performance aspect of this car. That ends my review. So far the car is fantastic. In my opinion, it is better than its competitors and for a price that is often less. An AWD V6 car with this much tech and this good of fuel economy for under $30K is hard to come by. This fulfills all my needs and I expect it to keep exceeding all my expectations."

Good Car for the $$$

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "MPG, comfortable, looks expensive, brakes"

Cons: "Sometimes confused shifting, can lag at start"

"Let me first say that the person who compared it to a CLA or 3 Series, really??? Overall, I really like it. The 2.4 is very good (not excellent) as it does have a little lag at times (I drive a car hard). That said at highways speeds 45 - 85, it is excellent and gets there quick, handles well, and breaks fast. I test drove the 6cyl AWD and I have to say, I'm happy that choose the 4cyl. It gets pretty good gas mileage (25 combined) and 35hwy. It looks better than most in it's class, is comfortable on long drives, and comes with most options on the market today (except stick)."

Buyer'sregret

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "TCM/PCM issues not worth the money."

"It's pretty to look at with lots of bells and whitsles. I get a lot of compliments and appreciating looks, but if I could go back 5 months, I would not purchase this vehicle. I've already had tansmission issues, having to have it replaced. The recall for updating the TCM and PCM did not fix the issues that were already occuring. Now after only 1500 miles on the new transission, the same issues are starting to re-occur. Not happy."