2014 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,413 - $21,986.

10/5.5

8.1

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Suprisingly Satisfied!

By on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, great paint job, super interior."

Cons: "Tilt Steering wheel blocks speedometer"

"I have owned Toyotas before and was looking to purchase a new Camry. The dealer would not budge on price so I did some comparison shopping. Was drawn to the 200 for the price. I was blown away when I took the test drive! The 200 was far more quiet than the Camry and had tons more features (navigation, leather, etc) than the Camry for thousands less. Additionally, the interior looked like something from a LExus, compared to the cheap plasticy interior of the Camry. The car is very comfortable on long and short trips and is super fun to drive."

2013 used Chrysler 200 is the best value!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, sporty, classy, fun, classic look"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't the best"

"I went from a Dodge Challenger to a 2013 Chrysler 200S because I wanted front-wheel drive for Michigan winters and four doors since I have 2 small children. I spent at least 30-40 hours researching just about every car on the market between $20,000 and $30,000 including new and used. I was between two vehicles - 2013 Chrysler 200S or 2013 VW Passet S. They were the exact same price and similar warranties. The difference was the 200 was loaded with every option possible and the Passet was base 4 cylinder with pleather seats, no sunroof, no remote start, no navigation, and expensive service/repairs. So here is my experience with the Chrysler 200S... It doesn't set the world on fire with it's gas mileage, looks, or technology, but it offers the best value on the market today if you do your research and shopping. Get one fully loaded because the price difference in the used market isn't that big and you'll appreciate it later believe me. Performace (8/10): The V6 offers great horsepower and it grips the road nicely (buy a 2013 or later model because the earlier ones faced handling and stability issues due to an unrefined suspension). I drive 2500 miles per month mostly highway and average 24-26mpg. It doesn't match a 4 cylinder Fusion or Camry but the added horsepower from the V6 make for a little extra fun compared to other midsize sedans. The 0-60 time is actual four-tenths of a second faster than my Dodge Challenger I traded in for this car! The brake feel is adequate - like most things with this car, not the best but not the worst I've experienced. Interior/Technology (7/10): The leather with cloth inserts in the 200S is nicer than previous Chrysler models and different than almost any other interior I've seen. I probably get the majority of the compliments related to the seats. The seats themselves are super supportive or comfortable for multiple hour drives but very few cars are that are any fun to drive. The touchscreen navigation unit with built-in hard drive is a pretty typical unit found in most $25-35 sedans. It's very simple to understand and use on a daily basis (unlike the Ford Sync system that gets terrible reviews). Most "professional" reviews on the 200 hate most everything about the car but all agree the U-Connect radio by Chrysler is about the best out there. The sound system is decent for a stock radio but I don't think "Boston Acoustic" provided anything other than the badges for the system because it doesn't sound very premium which is probably why it comes standard now. The heated seats, remote start, AC, power seats all work as they should. I find the interior size to be average and it works very well with four adults or two adults/two kids. Reviews made the backseat sound very small but I found that it was comparable to the Ford and Accord. Trunk space is larger than I expected from the outside appearance of the car. To recap - the look is somewhat dated but the car will age very well. In 3 years the 200 will still look decent when compared to the current offerings from Chrysler. Compare that to say a 2009 Fusion or 2011 Malibu that were trendsetters for style when they came out but look much older than their title states today. The technology package gives you everything short of being able to park itself or adaptive cruise control, but most people aren't opting for those things in a midsize sedan anyway without jacking the sticker price up to $35,000. They don't hold their value at all compared to the original MSRP - which is good and bad. If you buy one new and somehow didn't get $5000+ in rebates then you'll be upside down until the thing is paid off. But if you find a used current model year 200S with 7900 miles for $12,000 off MSRP then you are getting the best value for your dollar - you can stack up any competitor against that statement and the 200 will always be the choice if you're shopping based on value and not based on having the hottest model in all the car magazines. With the 200 you'll end up with a lower payment and a lot more technology when compared to other cars. I priced a Fusion and it was $9000 more with the same exact options. The Passet was the same price but not NO options and was a base rental car basically."

great car for the price

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "spacious,great gas mileage"

Cons: "not the best in snow, tires are expensive"

"I purchased this car in 2012 brand new. It rides smooth, the gas mileage is amazing. Plenty of arm room for the driver and as a passenger it's quite roomy and comfortable as well.. In the snow it's not bad, it's not fantastic. But, the traction control is excellent I have never even come close to going off the road when it's slippery. Could it be better in the snow sure, but the only way you'd find something better is if you purchased an SUV in my opinion. As I said gas mileage is great, if you are on the highway using cruise control you can easily get at least 500 miles per tank of gas. The tires however are a bit pricey."

Why do the critics not like this car?!?

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, plenty of power, good handling."

Cons: "Squeaky brakes, odd headlight beams"

"I have had my '11 Chrysler 200 for 1 month. I have driven it over 1000 miles. So far, the only issue I have found was my brakes squeak occasionally, but new pads and rotors were put on just prior to me buying it. The noise has already lessoned considerably, they may have needed broken in. I found the turn radius to be good. I have no problem pulling into traffic on a busy highway, plenty of get up and go. The seats are comfortable, even on a 2 hour trip. Still adjusting to the way the headlights throw the light at night, but it's definitely a lot brighter than my previous car. I have gotten many compliments on my "new" used car. From my chiropractor, to a friend of a friend. I can't understand why the car critics are so critical, regular people seem to really like the look of the car. I am happy I chose this car based on looks and price, easy decision after the test drive. it has proven to be a great decision, so far!"

Not a Camry but who cares?

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quiet interior, good handling"

"We rented a Chrysler 200 for 4 days while our Prius was being repaired. VERY nice interior, and I loved the front seats' firmness in the right places. Big trunk with a pass-through for skis or a 2x4. Absolutely silent interior - more quiet than our Prius! I tried a few hard turns,(just for grins) and the tires never squealed. This was the most "Japanese-feeling" Chrysler product I've ever driven. It did not feel or drive like a Chrysler. Great sound system, with real knobs for volume and tuning - hurrah! The car came with 3/8 tank of gas; we returned it 100 miles later with 1/4 tank. Not scientific, but mileage seemed pretty good. It had enough power with the 4 cylinder, but I'd want the V6. :)"

See if you qualify for