2014 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,870 - $21,617.

10/5.5

8.1

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Fun car with sketchy reliability

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, good MPG"

Cons: "reliability, cargo space"

"Bought the 200 Limited brand new. Came equipped with the UConnect 40 GB HD radio and a sunroof. Consistently achieved 30 MPG highway. It was extremely comfortable for both front and rear passengers. However, it had the same trunk size as a compact Ford Focus. It also had little annoyances. The onboard Hard Drive would randomly delete files. The UConnect bluetooth sometimes wouldn't play in sync (it was like talking on a tape delay). The speedometer would stick. Then, once the factory warranty expired, the heater core failed. $1100 fix. Not covered. After research, I've found this to be fairly common in 1st gen. 200s, but they are usually found and fixed before 36K miles. I wasn't so lucky."

Best car we've ever owned, excellent value!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great value, quality and fun to drive."

Cons: "Wish they came with a back-up camera in that year."

"Great value, the ride, style and interior quality put the rest to shame almost when you compare what you get for the money. Best vehicle purchase ever by far."

Beginning to regret the purchase

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great road responsiveness!"

Cons: "Very cheaply made!"

"It seemed like a good purchase at the time. Now, after 18 months of driving and 34000 miles odd things are happening. Like driving down the freeway and the front lower air shield (under the engine) decides to fly off and wrap over the wheels. When I went to the dealer to talk about it they accused me of hitting an object in the road to cause it to come off. Other silly small things like the trim inside the vehicle simply falls off for no apparent reason. Over all the car is very nice to look at, unfortunately it is very cheaply made. No sturdiness to body panels or front/rear bumper and grill assemblies. As far as the drive, it has great power and is very fun to drive. A drawback is that when you step on the gas to accelerate rapidly the car jerks to the right then then continues to pull to the right until you slow the rate of acceleration. The dealer said this is expected behavior... not acceptable."

Recently rented this car for 10 days..

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

I don't own this car

"I recently rented a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the 4 cylinder engine and 4 speed automatic trans (they quit using the 4 speed trans in 2014). When they said I was getting a Chrysler I was not to pleased, but quickly changed my attitude! While driving this car over 2000 miles on a road trip, It drove very smooth and quiet and handled great, even in snow. The interior is very attractive and I love that the bigger than average, heated side mirrors come standard. They looked tinted at night (although I have not found anything saying they come with this feature) they really do look tinted after dark. I currently have a Sonata and have driven my son's a Fusion a few times but I would not hesitate to buy the Chrysler 200. Although the 4 cylinder only offered 29 miles to the gallon on the interstate (which is what I get with my 6 cylinder Sonata) it was up for the job offering plenty of get up and go. If I purchased one I would look for the 6 cylinder model though. This is a great sedan that can be picked up at a very good price!"

The 200 has been an excellant value for the price

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Very Good Performance, good gas mileage"

Cons: "No real updates to the myGiG infotainment center"

"Love everything about the car, my biggest complaint involves updates to the MyGig system. Impossible to update the grace notes and very expensive to update the GPS maps. It is an expensive option, they could do better with it"

Awesome car!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive, safe."

Cons: "I want 2 of them."

"I bought this car for my wife when she was away for work. I bought the "S" model with the Pentastar V6. It has everything you could want, and looks beautiful. I have had no problems with this car at all. You can't even compare a Camry or Accord to this car. A Lincoln MKZ is a better comparison. I would highly recommend getting the V6 and 6-speed transmission. The 4-cyclinder is a good engine and a joint venture with Hyundai, but for the little extra you can get a Wards-10 Best engine. We have the NAV system, sunroof, black-pocket wheels, heated mirrors, Satellite radio. I couldn't ask for more. The only other car we liked this much was a Pontiac Bonneville, which had similar options. GM quit making those, and I am not into Buicks or Chevrolets right now. It is a great car for the money in my opinion."

Overall good solid well built automobile.

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Cant beat price for what you get."

"V-6 engine performance too powerful for car. Car should get better gas mileage."

Great value American Detroit Import

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

"get v6 only, 2014 model, if you buy used. Was a rental car, got a great price."

very nice

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Its fun classy a good price"

Cons: "The resale value isnt all that good."

"I have been a truck man all my life but because of high gas prices & a 100 mile round trip commute to work, went with this car I didn't think I would like it at first but its sporty a classy and after looking at all the foreign cars in this class group I went with this American made car and just fell in love with it.by the way I went to go buy a new F150 but the money I save on gas all most makes my car payment.A few of my buddies from work seen me driving it & now they own one to or the Dodge version but the Chrysler has better features."

Great car overall!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "I love the quality of the interior."

Cons: "The engine is too powerful for FWD."

"This is a wonderful car overall. My only complaints are the following: The engine is too powerful for FWD. This car should be AWD only. Secondly, fuel economy is a little too low. This car could benefit from a start/stop system to help stop the fuel wasting. I have been averaging 22 mpg. I love the quality of the interior. The ride is compliant and the car is very quiet inside."