2013 Chrysler 200

8.1

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Style and Performance

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Looks great; awesome audio; fun to drive"

Cons: "Lacks leg and knee room for the driver."

Roomy trunk!

"My 200 Touring has exceeded my expectations. Stylish interior and exterior with an impressive chassis that is tight. The 2.4 in line 4 cyl lacks raw hp but the 6 sp transmission makes up for it. An affordable luxury car that has all the techie bells and whistles"

Roomy trunk!

Very reliable

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "great value; very reliable; looks great"

Cons: "mileage could be better"

"Purchased as a certified pre-owned vehicle. In 2 years just had to do routine maintenance. Very satisfied with the car."

I love my Chrysler 200 BUT......

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Somewhat of a luxary car without the price."

Cons: "So many mechnical problems"

"I bought the car new, and really love this car. I feel I got luxury without the price. Unfortunately, I have had several issues with the car since I bought it. Oil leak at approximately 10,000 miles, radiator replacement due to the system "gunking up" (I lost heat) at about 22,000 miles and now it is blowing fumes inside the car if the air or fan is on when you first start the car. Yep, a face full of fumes. Chrysler has been very good with me and actually gave me an extended warranty for free, but im just tired of the issues and having to drop it off for repair so frequently. The breaks/rotors don't seem to last either. I do drive a lot but, I do know of another person that owned the same year as I, and she had break issues too. Sadly, I'm probably going to trade it in soon."

Not the best I've owned, but very good.

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Good value, enjoyable to drive, smooth, quiet"

Cons: "3 repairs in 60K miles, covered by warrantee"

"I've owned the car for three years so far, and it's been pretty good. It's very comfortable for a tall guy like me (6'2") and it practically drives itself. There is very little wind noise or road noise. I drive mostly highway miles, but I tend to accelerate pretty hard... and I average about 27 MPG (measured using the odometer, a calculator, and the amount of fuel added at each fill-up... because the trip computer is not very accurate at estimating fuel economy). The 2.4L four cylinder engine has plenty of power for the car. There is no need for the more expensive six cylinder engine. The transmission is quirky. Every Chrysler vehicle I've ever owned had something odd about the transmission (they usually make sounds that other manufacturers' transmissions don't... and this one is no exception). This one shifts strangely. It does a great job accelerating from a dead stop, but it's unpredictable when accelerating from a cruising speed of 50+ MPH. There is often a long delay before it downshifts... and sometimes it downshifts to a lower gear than needed, based on how hard I pressed on the accelerator pedal. But I've learned to compensate by pressing the pedal a little early. But... I like Chrysler products. The only one I owned which didn't make it to at least 250,000 miles was totalled at 90,000 by a rear end collision. I was stopped, and the other driver was going 50-55MPH and never bothered to step on the brake. So... the reason it's not the best I've owned is about repairs: At about 20,000 miles, the front suspension started to make a clunking noise sometimes when running over small bumps. The dealership replaced the rack and pinion steering unit under warrantee, and that solved the problem... for a while. The noise came back around 45,000 miles. It's not a terrible sounding noise, but I've since learned that other owners have the same problem... and the solution is to replace the inner tie rod ends (not the whole rack and pinion). I haven't bothered to do anything about it yet. I bought the unlimited mileage, unlimited time, factory bumper-to-bumper warrantee with a $50 deductible... and this problem should be covered. I just haven't remembered to mention it to the dealer when I'm having the oil changed. I can't mention any dealership names, so the following is very generic. About the oil changes, the Chrysler dealerships in my area sell maintenance plans with four oil changes for $80 (with no disposal fees, shop fees, or any other nonsense fees added). I can't beat that deal, so I buy them and have the oil changed at the dealership. The service dept. at my local Chrysler dealership is very good. I've been using the same dealership for service since 1993. I prefer a different Chrysler dealership for the purchase experience, but the one nearest me has the best service in my area. About the warrantee... I'm the type of person who keeps a car until the cost of a repair (parts only) is more than the value of the car. I usually do all my own work on a car, so my cost of repairs is usually just for parts. But this warrantee was a good price for what it offers, and it covers everything except belts, hoses, tires, and brake pads. The only limitation is that when a single covered repair costs more than the NADA Retail value (the highest value of any book)... they will write me a check for the NADA Retail value and my warrantee is over. The fact that they gave me 24 months to pay for the warrantee (zero interest), and I was able to buy the warrantee after the original 3/36 warrantee expired (you can get the extended warrantee up to 48,000 miles) really sealed the deal. The airbag light came on around 60,000 miles. It was time for an oil change anyway, so I took it to the dealer. My car was covered under the head restraint recall, and they replaced the control module for free. I didn't even have to pay the $50 deductible. The same module controls the air bags and the active head restraints. They also gave me a free rental car because they had to order the part. The free rental is part of my unlimited warrantee. The rental didn't cost me a dime and neither did the repair. Can't complain about that. So, overall... it's a good car. But, it does have more problems than I've had with previous Chrysler vehicles at this mileage. The best Chrysler I ever owned never needed a repair (not even a light bulb) before 200,000 miles. Well... it did need a battery once. But the outstanding extended factory warrantee direct from Chrysler makes up for this in spades. I'm going to drive this car for a long, long time... and I'll never need to work on it myself. When it finally needs a big repair, like a transmission or engine rebuild... they'll write me a check!"

Love this car

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car for traveling"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler 200 near Honolulu. See local deals