2013 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,828 - $19,421.

10/5.6

8.1

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My dream car

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Great acceleration and, smooth ride on the highway"

Cons: "Thin mats, visors and carpeting."

"Have had my eye on a 200 convertible for two years; hoping to purchase one when I retire in 2015. My son was in a rollover accident with his Jeep Liberty last Dec., but fortunately nobody was hurt. The Jeep was totaled, and rather than scramble to find him a replacement (which would've required a temporary rental and force my wife and I to share one car), I opted to give him my 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Coincidentally, a dealer had a 200 convertble with everything I wanted. I am now the proud owner of a 2014 Chrysler 200 convertible-deep cherry red, black interior-V6-Sirius XM sound system, black clothe top, and 18-inch wheels. I used the proceeds from my son's accident for the down paymant. Because of the severe weather this past winter, I haven't driven it all that much, but was impressed with no detectable air leaks, even on the coldest windy days. Time will tell how it holds up long term, but so far so good."

Great car at a decent price point.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Impressive acceleration (V6) and comfortable ride"

Cons: "Smallish back seat and trunk."

"I have owned this 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited (V6) for a year now and really like it. I drive on two lane highways often enough to really appreciate the passing power that this car gives me. The fit and finish are very good, the ride is very good too and the stereo really thumps. I appreciate the remote car start in the winter. Every bell and whistle imaginable exempt rear camera. Decent gas milage for the power."

Great car at a decent price point.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Impressive acceleration (V6) and comfortable ride"

Cons: "Smallish back seat and trunk."

Love it

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Comfortable, good looking, satisfactory mpg,.........poor design on trunk, water can pool and cause rust. Little legroom in backseats. Overall, lots of perks....seat warmer, and tech outlets. Beautiful red color."

2013 used Chrysler 200 is the best value!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, sporty, classy, fun, classic look"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't the best"

"I went from a Dodge Challenger to a 2013 Chrysler 200S because I wanted front-wheel drive for Michigan winters and four doors since I have 2 small children. I spent at least 30-40 hours researching just about every car on the market between $20,000 and $30,000 including new and used. I was between two vehicles - 2013 Chrysler 200S or 2013 VW Passet S. They were the exact same price and similar warranties. The difference was the 200 was loaded with every option possible and the Passet was base 4 cylinder with pleather seats, no sunroof, no remote start, no navigation, and expensive service/repairs. So here is my experience with the Chrysler 200S... It doesn't set the world on fire with it's gas mileage, looks, or technology, but it offers the best value on the market today if you do your research and shopping. Get one fully loaded because the price difference in the used market isn't that big and you'll appreciate it later believe me. Performace (8/10): The V6 offers great horsepower and it grips the road nicely (buy a 2013 or later model because the earlier ones faced handling and stability issues due to an unrefined suspension). I drive 2500 miles per month mostly highway and average 24-26mpg. It doesn't match a 4 cylinder Fusion or Camry but the added horsepower from the V6 make for a little extra fun compared to other midsize sedans. The 0-60 time is actual four-tenths of a second faster than my Dodge Challenger I traded in for this car! The brake feel is adequate - like most things with this car, not the best but not the worst I've experienced. Interior/Technology (7/10): The leather with cloth inserts in the 200S is nicer than previous Chrysler models and different than almost any other interior I've seen. I probably get the majority of the compliments related to the seats. The seats themselves are super supportive or comfortable for multiple hour drives but very few cars are that are any fun to drive. The touchscreen navigation unit with built-in hard drive is a pretty typical unit found in most $25-35 sedans. It's very simple to understand and use on a daily basis (unlike the Ford Sync system that gets terrible reviews). Most "professional" reviews on the 200 hate most everything about the car but all agree the U-Connect radio by Chrysler is about the best out there. The sound system is decent for a stock radio but I don't think "Boston Acoustic" provided anything other than the badges for the system because it doesn't sound very premium which is probably why it comes standard now. The heated seats, remote start, AC, power seats all work as they should. I find the interior size to be average and it works very well with four adults or two adults/two kids. Reviews made the backseat sound very small but I found that it was comparable to the Ford and Accord. Trunk space is larger than I expected from the outside appearance of the car. To recap - the look is somewhat dated but the car will age very well. In 3 years the 200 will still look decent when compared to the current offerings from Chrysler. Compare that to say a 2009 Fusion or 2011 Malibu that were trendsetters for style when they came out but look much older than their title states today. The technology package gives you everything short of being able to park itself or adaptive cruise control, but most people aren't opting for those things in a midsize sedan anyway without jacking the sticker price up to $35,000. They don't hold their value at all compared to the original MSRP - which is good and bad. If you buy one new and somehow didn't get $5000+ in rebates then you'll be upside down until the thing is paid off. But if you find a used current model year 200S with 7900 miles for $12,000 off MSRP then you are getting the best value for your dollar - you can stack up any competitor against that statement and the 200 will always be the choice if you're shopping based on value and not based on having the hottest model in all the car magazines. With the 200 you'll end up with a lower payment and a lot more technology when compared to other cars. I priced a Fusion and it was $9000 more with the same exact options. The Passet was the same price but not NO options and was a base rental car basically."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25