2011 Chrysler 200

8.1

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

2013 used Chrysler 200 is the best value!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, sporty, classy, fun, classic look"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't the best"

"I went from a Dodge Challenger to a 2013 Chrysler 200S because I wanted front-wheel drive for Michigan winters and four doors since I have 2 small children. I spent at least 30-40 hours researching just about every car on the market between $20,000 and $30,000 including new and used. I was between two vehicles - 2013 Chrysler 200S or 2013 VW Passet S. They were the exact same price and similar warranties. The difference was the 200 was loaded with every option possible and the Passet was base 4 cylinder with pleather seats, no sunroof, no remote start, no navigation, and expensive service/repairs. So here is my experience with the Chrysler 200S... It doesn't set the world on fire with it's gas mileage, looks, or technology, but it offers the best value on the market today if you do your research and shopping. Get one fully loaded because the price difference in the used market isn't that big and you'll appreciate it later believe me. Performace (8/10): The V6 offers great horsepower and it grips the road nicely (buy a 2013 or later model because the earlier ones faced handling and stability issues due to an unrefined suspension). I drive 2500 miles per month mostly highway and average 24-26mpg. It doesn't match a 4 cylinder Fusion or Camry but the added horsepower from the V6 make for a little extra fun compared to other midsize sedans. The 0-60 time is actual four-tenths of a second faster than my Dodge Challenger I traded in for this car! The brake feel is adequate - like most things with this car, not the best but not the worst I've experienced. Interior/Technology (7/10): The leather with cloth inserts in the 200S is nicer than previous Chrysler models and different than almost any other interior I've seen. I probably get the majority of the compliments related to the seats. The seats themselves are super supportive or comfortable for multiple hour drives but very few cars are that are any fun to drive. The touchscreen navigation unit with built-in hard drive is a pretty typical unit found in most $25-35 sedans. It's very simple to understand and use on a daily basis (unlike the Ford Sync system that gets terrible reviews). Most "professional" reviews on the 200 hate most everything about the car but all agree the U-Connect radio by Chrysler is about the best out there. The sound system is decent for a stock radio but I don't think "Boston Acoustic" provided anything other than the badges for the system because it doesn't sound very premium which is probably why it comes standard now. The heated seats, remote start, AC, power seats all work as they should. I find the interior size to be average and it works very well with four adults or two adults/two kids. Reviews made the backseat sound very small but I found that it was comparable to the Ford and Accord. Trunk space is larger than I expected from the outside appearance of the car. To recap - the look is somewhat dated but the car will age very well. In 3 years the 200 will still look decent when compared to the current offerings from Chrysler. Compare that to say a 2009 Fusion or 2011 Malibu that were trendsetters for style when they came out but look much older than their title states today. The technology package gives you everything short of being able to park itself or adaptive cruise control, but most people aren't opting for those things in a midsize sedan anyway without jacking the sticker price up to $35,000. They don't hold their value at all compared to the original MSRP - which is good and bad. If you buy one new and somehow didn't get $5000+ in rebates then you'll be upside down until the thing is paid off. But if you find a used current model year 200S with 7900 miles for $12,000 off MSRP then you are getting the best value for your dollar - you can stack up any competitor against that statement and the 200 will always be the choice if you're shopping based on value and not based on having the hottest model in all the car magazines. With the 200 you'll end up with a lower payment and a lot more technology when compared to other cars. I priced a Fusion and it was $9000 more with the same exact options. The Passet was the same price but not NO options and was a base rental car basically."

Why do the critics not like this car?!?

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, plenty of power, good handling."

Cons: "Squeaky brakes, odd headlight beams"

"I have had my '11 Chrysler 200 for 1 month. I have driven it over 1000 miles. So far, the only issue I have found was my brakes squeak occasionally, but new pads and rotors were put on just prior to me buying it. The noise has already lessoned considerably, they may have needed broken in. I found the turn radius to be good. I have no problem pulling into traffic on a busy highway, plenty of get up and go. The seats are comfortable, even on a 2 hour trip. Still adjusting to the way the headlights throw the light at night, but it's definitely a lot brighter than my previous car. I have gotten many compliments on my "new" used car. From my chiropractor, to a friend of a friend. I can't understand why the car critics are so critical, regular people seem to really like the look of the car. I am happy I chose this car based on looks and price, easy decision after the test drive. it has proven to be a great decision, so far!"

Not a Camry but who cares?

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quiet interior, good handling"

"We rented a Chrysler 200 for 4 days while our Prius was being repaired. VERY nice interior, and I loved the front seats' firmness in the right places. Big trunk with a pass-through for skis or a 2x4. Absolutely silent interior - more quiet than our Prius! I tried a few hard turns,(just for grins) and the tires never squealed. This was the most "Japanese-feeling" Chrysler product I've ever driven. It did not feel or drive like a Chrysler. Great sound system, with real knobs for volume and tuning - hurrah! The car came with 3/8 tank of gas; we returned it 100 miles later with 1/4 tank. Not scientific, but mileage seemed pretty good. It had enough power with the 4 cylinder, but I'd want the V6. :)"

Best Hard Top Conv. for the money.

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"I bought this car for my wife and she loves it. I am a gear head and a mechanical techy, so I did 3 months of research prior to the purchase. I compared other HT Convertibles such as Mercedes, Infinity, Lexus, Volvo, VW. The 200 got my vote for several reasons. The V6 is smooth and powerful. Handling is tight, level and exact. The ride is sporty, firm and solid. Front wheel drive allows for those snowy day driving. Braking provides confidence with little nose dive. The 6 speed auto is fairly smooth and positive. Expect 24mpg highway and 20 mpg city. Pretty good for 283HP and its Regular gasoline. The convertible hard top operates with ease and precision. When the tops up, supreme quietness, when down the standard windscreen not only eliminates air plummeting and noise, but also looks form-fitting good. Interior with all the goodies is very impressive. All gauges and dials are highly visible and easy the control. Even with all the standard with the Package 2, I opted for the Premium Boston Acoustic speaker system, expensive but worth it. I also purchased the Front Grille from Chrysler accessories and installed it myself. Note-It takes 5 hours to install and you better know what you're doing, otherwise pay Chrysler to install for $400. Reliability is my only concern, but I am confident that Chrysler's research, technology and quality has rectified this old vintage problem. The forgivable shortcomings are the heavy trunk lid, no memory settings for driver 1 or 2, no vanity mirror light, and the battery location makes exchange difficult. This $36k car with all the attributes and few shortcomings far out weights the comparable $70K Lexus or Infinity and the $110K Benz. It's also a head turner, leaving them saying "What was that?""

love this car!!!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride."

Cons: "fuel economy"

"got the 2013 chrysler 200 touring with the optional S package. this car turns heads every where I go. A little lacking in the fuel economy but overall the best car I have ever owned. also very smooth suspension."

Fantastic

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "great power, smooth quiet ride, very nice interior"

Cons: "throttle response is slow, trans downshift is slow"

"I work at a chrysler dealership, so i know what i was getting myself into. we rarely have any 200s in the shop. very reliable car, very well built. I own a 2012 200S. decent gas mileage for power of engine, excellent interior, boston sound system is amazing. very comfortable, smooth ride. rear seat could be larger with more leg room. Im only 5'9" and there is barely any leg room behind my seat. very spacious trunk though. only real complaint i have right now is the acceleration. kinda slow to downshift, throttle response is slow as well. its not a sports car, so its not gonna be spectacular in that area. overall, extremely pleased with car."

Very Sharp and fast!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "The powerful V-6 engine. 28 MPG. Looks!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "No back up camera."

"I have over 16,000 miles on this car already. The only trip to the shop is for my free oil changes and tire rotations. I get 28 mpg on my 70 mile commute on back country roads. You must get the V-6 283 hp engine. This is my first Chrysler car and will not be my last. My wife drives a 2013 Town and Country Limited and loves it. The company sure has come around."

Nice, comfortable, stylish vehicle

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Good price; comfortable; quiet; fun to drive"

Cons: "Black interior; lack of automatic daytime lights."

"Have had for nearly two months; meets all expectations. Very easy to handle on road; good pick up w/V6; sooth, quiet. Because back seats fold down, easy to put two mountain bikes in for transport. Nice looking and stylish, but not flashy. Very pleased, though wish it had automatic daytime lights."

AWESOME CAR FOR THE MONEY!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"The Chrysler 200 is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition when it comes to value and standard features. The driving dynamics and 283 hp V-6, quiet cabin, and comfortable seats make it feel much more luxurious than the price tag!"

This is the best in mid size cars

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Great price, looks great insi and drives smoothly."

Cons: "none so far"

"This is the best vehicle in the market, I drove all and settled in 200 with a nive V6 engine. Love the power and what a quiet ride. the extra bells and whistles helps :)."

This is the best car I have ever owned, thats many

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "All pros"

Cons: "No cons"

"Confort, power, ride, miliage for this mid sized car is remarkable!"

love remote start and the on board psi

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "great looks v-6 great power its a sleeper"

Cons: "to much torque first time on freway almost got awa"

"love driving it just wish they would come out with after market stuff like whats on the super s"

Awesome !

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Handles well"

Cons: "Uses a lot of gas."

"I love my car it's pretty fast and it looks good. Sometimes it can use a lot of gas, but I still love it. My car has everything inside that I like too. The auto start is great, I use it all the time. I would recommend the Chrysler 200."

Very satisfied

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

"In the three plus years we have owned this car we have had no problems. Probably a better history than most Toyotas and Hondas."

great auto

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "fun car to drive"

"great hardtop convertible good ride reliable nice all around auto would purchase another"

Very happy with my car!

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Nice features, great leather seats, drives nice."

Cons: "none worth noting"

"I've had this car 17 months now and like it very much. I wish I would have bought the 6-cyl but got the 4-cyl. LOVE the interior, very comfortable and beautiful. Leather seats are fabulous. I'm taking my car in for service next week for the first time. Broke off the window visor clip (plastic) and my rear brakes make noise when I back up. Overall, it drives very nicely. The only other issue is sometimes the transmission lurches when moving from reverse to drive and can drag while driving in hilly areas. I'll ask about it next week too. Overall, I am very happy with my car. I bought the lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty so I'll be driving this a LONG time."

Nice Ride

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Power"

Cons: "Interior Design, Lack of Technology"

"This car is great to drive, especially living in the Ozarks. It handles great in the curves and lots of power when it is needed. The V6 really delivers power to the pavement. I average about 30 mpg in my V6 model and I still get the power of owning a V6 FWD car. The interior is designed okay, it could use a little more flare and technology. All in all, this is great small family car for someone looking to save gas and still have a little power."

Pleasant supprise

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, conservative but classy look. Great Value"

Cons: "4 banger little noisy when pushed."

"Did not go out shopping for a Chrysler but after a test drive and the looks and comfort of the car. I purchased one thousands under list. To date I really love this car. Handles great with a great ride and a very comfortable interior"

I like the way it handles and all the features.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "tall drivers center console needs reconfig."

"The driver seat does not config properly for a taller driver. Knee hits the center console. The console needs to be designed to curve it away from the right knee area and allow more room. Currently right knee hits and leans on center console and on long trip it becomes irritated."

great car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "great car at a reasonable price"

Cons: "have none now"

"average mpg 28.5 over 4500 miles - passing acceleration so great it can be hard to control - luxurious - complete with all the bells and whistles including a computer system that not only provides navigation but the ability to load over 4000 cd's."

Best car I saw for its price

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great ride; peppy 6 cylinder"

Cons: "squeaky breaks when backing up in damp weather"

"It had everything I wanted -- except and extended warranty! Car handles great; love the speed and pick up> Very nice ride on the open road. I ahve had it about 6 months and still love it!"

Love my 200

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price, plenty of power with 6 cyl, smooth"

Cons: "Factory tires"

"Once I replaced the factory tires, this car is awesome. I have the 6 cyl Pentastar engine. PLENTY of power. Love the looks. Comfortable. My favorite car I've owned in the past 20 years. Only been in the shop 1 time for vibration issues... which turned out to be factory Goodyear LS2 tires. Replaced with Yokohama Avid Ascend. Now drives great!!"

One of the greatest classy vehicles

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Controls, styling, quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "needs remote starter, ventilated seats optional"

"The Chrysler 200 Limited is a 2012 model. It's a terrific car ever being so beautiful while driving an four door sedan I am enthusiast in vehicle smooth riding performance and great 3.4L Pentastar V6 engine is quiet. UCONNECT features lots of controls with Bluetooth streaming audio via, navigation, audio system. It's comfortable in nice seating support with heated seats, rear entertainment center also great with great electronics than ever. The 200 Limited looks luxurious, very sharp, xenon headlights are brighter enough for me. Gas mileage is 31 mpg having an V6 with a very supportive superb ride I get every time cruising in this Cadillac on wheels. Might seems like a compact car but it's definitely the best in a more luxury top of the line vehicle with having awesome options for a nice price even resale value of this car is great too. I love the car it's excellent in road handling, interior is like a Mercedes in features and sunroof also was optional on Limited model. Recommend this car after 2 years of ownership it has been great for 24 months driving this car out of state several times and commuting around time as my daily driver vehicle."

Child Safety First!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Quite and very fun to travel in"

Cons: "n/a"

"I have owned the 1999 Chrysler 300M prior to buying the 200 LX. When I went in to look at different vehicles, the dealer has the 200 picked out for me since my two concerns were safety and gas mileage. I have a 15th month old and this car drives very quietly and is very safe on the roads. I don't have all the bells and whistles that I did with the '99, but this time it's newer and just as safe and gets good enough freeway mileage from Everett to Bellevue for my daily driver. Also Chrysler is built well and easy to take care of in way of maintenance and parts. I am extremely happy and comfortable with my purchase!"

Love it!

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Love the luxury in the cabin!"

Cons: "Not enough trunk space, hard to use GPS"

My husband and I got new 2012 200's!

"I had a 2011 Chrysler 200 (4 Cylinder) on lease (and so did my husband - only a V6!) and traded it in early for the 2012 on purchase! I also upgraded to the V6... The 4 cylinder and the V6 get the same gas milage in reality!!! We both got new 2012s... We got the Touring with the added Sport package so it looks like the Sport, with the tinted headlamps, better rims, etc for the price of the touring. We LOVE these cars. I spend a lot of time driving and I love the Uconnect feature, that there is a 30g hard drive to store my music, love how many different radio features I can adjust via the steering wheel. I love the remote start and the heated seats and the sunroof! The media center plays DVDs when in park, gives weather updates, can tell you nearby gas prices, etc. I love that it has a USB plug and 2 cigarette lighters so that I can plug in all of my electronics. The GPS is a pain in the butt and so I continue to use my Garmin, but I enjoy seeing the maps because it gives real-time traffic updates!!! I love the comfort of the seats and how deep they are. I dislike the amount of overall space in the vehicle. I carry a lot of stuff for work and it seems to take up my entire trunk. Overall, I absolutely love this car!"

My husband and I got new 2012 200's!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler 200 near Honolulu. See local deals