2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,300 - $32,584.

10/6.4

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Extremely quiet, efficient, stylish, fun to drive

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Efficient, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "Would like car nearer Malibu size"

"The Volt is a great car to drive and is not merely an econobox that gets good mileage. My cost is averaging 2 cents per mile while using the cars electric battery charge. With gasoline at $3.50 per gallon ,that amounts to a cost equivalent 175 MPG while using the battery charge. Mileage utilizing the gas electric generator has been over 40 MPG although the gasoline engine has only been used 4 times on trips of 500 miles, 60 miles and 140 miles . My mileage average combining battery electric and and gasoline electric miles driven to date is over 150 MPG. The car drives smooth as glass and has plenty of power. Its zippy especially in urban traffic. On the highway the power is equal to the typical sedan. Handling and ride is excellent. The low center of gravity and the battery's weight gives the car a very solid feel. Have the car on a 2 year lease and plan to purchase a new next generation model when the lease is up. Will extend the lease if necessary should the next gen model be introduced after current 2 year lease term which runs to September 2014. Hopefully the 2015 model will be introduced by then. GM will have a battery with twice the range of the current model in 2015."

"Best" car in 30 cars that I have owned!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Not getting dinged every week for $50 for gas"

Cons: "Ordinary handling but what do you expect?"

"My wife and I get new cars about every 3 years so between us, we are trading something in about every 18 months. I have alternated between German (great driving characteristics and feel) and Japanese (great reliability). BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Nissan, Acura...I have had them all but eventually, I just got tired of going to the gas station and between us, paying about $450 a month in gas (I am sure I am not alone). This is the first American made car that I have owned (lease in this case) in my 30 years of driving. If you have realistic expectations and are looking at this car for fuel economy or to save the world, you should look at this vehicle. Since the last time I filled the car with gas, I have driven 1300 miles on one gallon of gas. It is important to ensure that your driving habits fit well with the car. I suggest that this may be the case if you drive between 25-40 miles per day. I get 43-44 miles on a charge in sunny Florida so I almost never use gas! I save over $200 in gas and with my average of 30 miles per day, I use an average of only $30 a month in electricity. Do NOT buy this car if you like a spirited driving experience. It is MUCH better than a Prius as far as that goes (Sport Mode is nice) but it is nothing like a BMW. That being said, I knew that going in. This gets a 10 in my book because I LOVE plugging my car in and not going to the gas station...I just got to the point where I got a little ticked off every time I went to the gas station...anyone else?? By the way, the icing on the cake is that the lease deal was amazing. I got a $42,000 car for $900 total at signing and $306 a month including tax. 36 months and 12,000 miles per year. That is like a lease deal on a $24,000 car. I don't know where the technology was going so I did not have much interest in purchasing the car and getting the tax credit...this car may hold its value (as the residual value on the lease would suggest) or may be worth diddly after 3 years."

Haven't been to a gas station in almost 2 months

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Domestic energy, and in CA = 26% renewable"

Cons: "small glove cmptmt, low air dam, small sun visors"

"-great handling -quiet, smooth acceleration -very good suspension -OnStar RemoteLink app very good for tracking data re: EV miles, total miles, lifetime and per charge MPG, charge time, battery life, oil life, gas remaining, tire pressure; good Turn-by-Turn navigation instructions sent directly to center console -comfortable seating; perforated leather is nice touch re: breathability -only used gas generator mode a few times, but still easily get 40 MPG in this mode; has quiet, smooth transition -good touchscreen LED center console display, allows touchscreen control for most console apps like climate -hatchback rear holds more than you'd imagine -plugging in to charge car at night is amazingly easy/convenient -installed 240V charge station in garage = <3 hr charge (rarely drive more than 30 miles/day) -keyless entry and engine start is great--no more digging keys out of purse/pocket -MyLink is convenient re: bluetooth streaming Pandora/Stitcher/iPod -XM satellite radio a plus but not necessary -owned 2 toyota corolla's and a honda cr-v before this, and Volt is much more fun and comfortable to drive; also more comfortable/quiet with better handling than spouse's nissan altima (whose brake/gas pedals are overly sensitive, leading to jerky driving)"

Everything I expected and more

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "I use very little gas"

Cons: "Only 4 seats"

"Not using gas makes me happy. Not being limited to the battery range makes the car practical."

Prius 3rd Gen to Volt Upgrader

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "electric smooth ride, no gas, electronics"

Cons: "no 5th seat"

"I upgraded from a 3rd Gen Prius to the Volt and it is like day and night. Will make back the cost difference in 4-5 years and the luxury cannot be compared."