• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,073 - $32,951.

10/6.4

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Love this car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, economical"

Cons: "doesn't run as well when gas kicks in- but not bad"

"I just drive around town so mostly on electric miles. I have only bought gas once in 6 months!"

LOVE IT, ONLY SEE THE GAS STATIONS AS I DRIVE BY!

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "Who needs gas, NOT ME!! great in snow & ice"

Cons: "It is very low to the ground."

"I have had this vehicle for just about one year. I am a commuter and spend two hours a day in this car. I love it. I have put on 17000 miles since I bought it one year ago, and have only visited the gas station a total of 7 times (this was only during the really cold winter, none in the summer), and have only paid about $70 dollars worth of gas total. I have not seen an increase in my electric bill like they said I may. I drive in to the city from the country and have not had any problems driving in snow or ice, even with the low clearance, it has just plowed right through it. My husband and I were worried about the initial output of money to purchase, but we have since figured out even with the higher car payment we are saving almost $800 dollars a month (no I'm not joking or exaggerating). Even with this car being an electric, it has get up and go. I never have to worry about getting up to speed to get on the highway (I have a lead foot, and it keeps me very happy), though the faster you press the car, the less charge you get from it overall.I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get away from the gas pumps."

I'm FUMING MAD concerning the AMAZING Chevy VOLT!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, Silent, & Rarely Buy Gas!"

Cons: "Aren't as many on the road as there should be."

"This car is a huge environmental breakthrough. We have had this car since Sept 2013 and have yet to buy gas. We charge it up with the 110 Volt We live on a hill and within a drive of a few miles our range quickly rises from 41 to 54 miles (which we assume is tops). After running our errands we return home with very little reduction in range from when we departed, usually about 37 miles. Almost Never having to buy gas should go a long way towards people making their car payments. So, I'm mad that Chevy isn't advertising the Volt more. I NEVER see ads for them. I'm mad that some idiot reviewed the Volt and said it cost him $400/mile to drive and that other people are so anxious to forward such nonsense. I'm mad that people are driving their gas hogs and expecting everyone else on the planet to pay for their greediness and pollution. Wise up and buy a VOLT. The VOLT is part of the solution. We LOVE our Volt."

GM delivered exactly what they promised in 2007

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Great Price after rebates! Fun to drive. NO GAS!"

Cons: "None yet."

"Back in 2007, GM promised us a car that would go 40 miles on electricity, and then a gas generator would kick in for another 300 miles. They claimed this would cover a vast majority of commuters in all-electric mode. I wasn't able to afford the Volt when it was first released in 2011, but now as the owner of a 2014 Volt, I can say that GM delivered on that promise! I am so happy with my Volt. It does exactly what it promised. I commute 31 miles to work, plug in at work, and then 31 miles home again...not a drop of gas. The Volt has all the best technology and creature comforts. It really is a pleasure to drive. The best part? I needed a new car, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. In 2014, the MSRP is $35K. I purchased mine for $30,800. With a federal tax credit of $7,500 and Illinois rebate of $3,500, I end up paying less than $20,000 for a brand new ultimate EREV! If I couple in the gas savings over the next few years, the story gets even better. For the money, I can't imagine a better vehicle. Things I would like to see in the future: - heated seats on every model (not as an option) - heated steering wheel - by 2020, a battery with double the range. Go drive one of these. Put it in sport mode and stomp on the accelerator! This car is hands-down the most fun to drive of any vehicle I've owned. I have never in my life actually looked for reasons to drive a car. But I truly enjoy slipping off to the store for milk in complete electric silence. Advice: - Negotiate on price...you can probably do better than I did - Take advantage of rebates/tax credits (Illinois also has rebate for installing 240V chargers). - Try not to drive above 65 if you can avoid it (but you still get 37mpg if you run out of juice) - Use L instead of D, and you'll regenerate a lot more. If you're on the fence...do it! You'll be glad you did!"

12 days in the service department first 5100 miles

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Interior"

Cons: "Reliability"

"I bought a volt in October of 2013, and immediately it had a CEL for charging system coolant failure. 3 days later I get my car back after driving it only 1 day and was told I must have used the brakes too much. 5000 miles later it is back in the shop for another CEL for charging system coolant failure. 9 days later they replace a coolant pump for the charging system and hope they have it fixed. Who knows."

See if you qualify for