2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,367 - $32,455.

10/6.4

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Amazing design and fuel economy.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Handling, fuel economy, technological innovation."

Cons: "Seats 4, all wheel drive would be a great option!"

"The Volt is an amazing vehicle and a technological marvel. Forget the EPA mileage estimates. For local use getting 150 mpg is not difficult. For longer distance driving (120+ mile trips), 60 mpg is typical. With over 6000 miles on the car now, the Volt has been flawless. Great handling and sporty acceleration. I've been a car guy for many years and this is the best I've ever seen come out of Detroit! Hats off to GM on this one."

Everyone should own one. 28000 miles and never any

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "160 mpg, uses 4amps for 10 hours to charge"

"used value not so good, so go buy one"

Proud of my Volt! Great deal on a great car!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Value, technology, luxury, cool factor"

Cons: "Rear seat space"

"My Volt has been a great buy and a great experience. I drive 120 miles per day. My gas bill was over $130/week. Now with my volt I go from home to work using less than a gallon of gas! Prius can't get close to that kind of performance; not to mention Prius is buttt ugly. My utility gives me special rates so my charge cost less than one dollar. I purchased my loaded 2013 Volt for under $30k after discounts and the tax breaks. That's far less than you would pay for the Lexus hybrid or a gas guzzling BMW. My volt is kept pristine and gets lots of attention. I rarely go to the gas station but some people are thrown for a loop that I'm buying gas for an electric car. I tell them It's my style Cher, I'm a man that demands his cake and gets to eat it too. I'm a big guy but volt has good front room seating. It's a little cramped if someone sits behind me, but I tend to lean back in my seat more than most. Handling is superb. The dash led me to name my car Enterprise. It has enough complexity to intrigue an engineer like myself. It takes some getting used to compared to your average dumbed down product interface, so if you are simple in nature it might be overwhelming. Charging is easy and takes 6-8 hours on a standard outlet. I thought long and hard before purchasing but I have no regrets at all! I can't explain it, but owning a Volt makes me feel like I'm part of some elite club where only the big dogs play."

Use very little gas

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage uses mostly electric"

Cons: "Cramped interior, no air AC vents for rear seats."

"Love the ride. Handles wonderfully. The major drawback that I see is that the headroom is lacking especially entering and exiting the car. I wish it had a little bit more interior room and I would also like to see it seat five people. No airconditioning vents in the rear which is a major drawback on a hot summers day. I use very little gas driving locally. I do love the hold feature which allows me to drive across alligator Alley to Naples on gas and then go back to electric. Despite having no lumbar feature or power seats most people can get pretty comfortable in this car. Would also like to see it have a little bit larger gas tank so if I decided to take a vacation out of the state I wouldn't have to fill up so many times. I'm leasing this car and my lease is up in September 2015 so I can't wait to see with the new Volt looks like, if it's a bigger version I will definitely lease or buy another one."

Absolutely the finest car that I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Reliable, Eco-friendly, Sound System = A+++++"

Cons: "For this size and type of car ... no "cons"."

"This car is outstanding! Nicest car I have ever owned (and I've owned a Prius, Corvettes, Volvo convertible sport car, Alpha Romero, etc.). When I purchased the Volt, I received five years of free "On-Star", regular maintenance (with loaner car), and emergency road service. With the $7,500 tax credit, it was totally worth the price! I have 10K miles on the car and am getting 145+ miles per gallon. I've used 68 gallons of gas since I bought the car new. I am a left-leg amputee and this car has more leg room for me than some large sedans. Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail. The concert quality sound system will blow you away!"