2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,621 - $32,633.

10/6.4

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Wonderful car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Awesome drive. Cheap to run."

Cons: "Rear seat room limited. Backup camera quality low."

"The electric car with gasoline backup concept intrigued me. I gave it a test drive and was hooked. Driving electric is addictive. Quiet and smooth and responsive. If you are at all interested, do yourself a favor and give it a test drive. I upgraded from a 2008 Prius. I liked the Prius, but I love my Volt. I am getting about 45 miles per charge and complete about 90% of my driving in electric. The gas engine gets about 40 mpg, which not as good as the Prius, is still better than most cars out there. I got a free 240 volt charger which was available where I live. It cost me a little over $17 in electricity for the month of July to go 553 miles and I used less than half a gallon of gasoline for what I couldn't do electric. The touch sensitive center stack takes a little getting used to and the backup camera is not the best quality, and the room in the rear seats is a little limited, but other than those minor issues, I have only good things to say about the Volt. People complain about the cost. It isn't the cheapest car, but after tax credits and factoring in savings on gas and maintenence, I find the car to be a great value. Prices will come down in the future as batteries get cheaper to manufacture."

Best purchase decision in a long time.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "looks, technology, performance and economy"

Cons: "Could have more leg room for tall drivers."

"I traded in a 400hp Jaguar convertible for my new Chevy Volt. The dealership I worked with was more a Corvette than Volt dealer and there were some strange looks sent my way based upon the trade vehicle. After a month with the Volt, I can say that I have absolutely no regrets and, the car has 100% lived up to the promise. My 2012 Volt has the Low Emissions package and so I am eligible for rebates and tax credits totaling $9K. In addition, I just received HOV lane stickers and am now able to save from minutes to hours per day in commute time driving. All that plus it is fun to drive and I'm averaging over 60mpg with less than 40% of my miles as EV miles. In Sport Mode the torque of this vehicle is nearly exhilarating and that comment is from someone former supercharged Jaguar owner. All I can say is this is nearly a perfect car for me. I'm 6'5" and the leg room is a little cramped for me but then, I'm used to that with all medium to smaller model cars. In terms of looks, technology, performance and economy the Volt is the car to beat. A friend bought a Prius Plug-in Hybrid just prior to my Volt purchase ... he is very jealous and "if he had a do-over he would have a Volt in his garage"."

Haven't been to a gas station in almost 2 months

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Domestic energy, and in CA = 26% renewable"

Cons: "small glove cmptmt, low air dam, small sun visors"

"-great handling -quiet, smooth acceleration -very good suspension -OnStar RemoteLink app very good for tracking data re: EV miles, total miles, lifetime and per charge MPG, charge time, battery life, oil life, gas remaining, tire pressure; good Turn-by-Turn navigation instructions sent directly to center console -comfortable seating; perforated leather is nice touch re: breathability -only used gas generator mode a few times, but still easily get 40 MPG in this mode; has quiet, smooth transition -good touchscreen LED center console display, allows touchscreen control for most console apps like climate -hatchback rear holds more than you'd imagine -plugging in to charge car at night is amazingly easy/convenient -installed 240V charge station in garage = <3 hr charge (rarely drive more than 30 miles/day) -keyless entry and engine start is great--no more digging keys out of purse/pocket -MyLink is convenient re: bluetooth streaming Pandora/Stitcher/iPod -XM satellite radio a plus but not necessary -owned 2 toyota corolla's and a honda cr-v before this, and Volt is much more fun and comfortable to drive; also more comfortable/quiet with better handling than spouse's nissan altima (whose brake/gas pedals are overly sensitive, leading to jerky driving)"

Some major design concerns with this car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "is pretty and sporty--see above for other comments"

Cons: "price is too high for what is being sold"

"I bought this car-because in the electric car world the volt is the only one that does well on long distance. The battery lists as having 38 miles when i get in the car. I drive with no air and no radio on. I do have to have my headlights-it is dark. This morning my battery showed a drop of 3 miles in less than 2 blocks of driving. I had expected that this would be alot better. There is no way I get anywhere close to the 38. The gas is better than a regular car. Here is my issue with the design- If the car comes with so many extras--why in the world isn't there a separate power source for the extras (radio, air conditioning, lights). Please realize that this car-on sale is 40000--and I expected way more payback. Also--don't let the sales person fool you--that 110 charge--that they said would work in 8 hours--read the owners manual--is actually 10 hours. I had to give comfort a 1-- I live in texas and I don't consider air conditioning an extra."

Take that OPEC!!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "Freedom from big oil"

Cons: "4 seats, low air dam"

"So far 3127 miles on 10.7 gallons. Drives like a charm. Smooth and quite. I have solar. So now I drive for free. Enough for our family of 4 but that 5th seat is missed when grand parents visit."