2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,408 - $32,481.

10/6.4

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Solid car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "great refinement solid engineer with 2 exceptions"

Cons: "91 octane required and nav system"

"We're coming from a Toyota matrix and quality is far improved with this car. We bought this used and have only had for a month so we'll see over time how the battery does. I couldn't get a Prius or any other hybrid currently on the market- the Prius and all other hybrids use the infamous CVT transmission my transmission mechanic said $8000 for any Prius with a bad transmission when our conventional Durango cost us $2500. for tranny overhaul. The volt stands alone as an electric car with gas range extender- their is a tranny- it is 1 speed direct drive with a digital clutch so much more efficient and simpler to repair than any other PHEV. The main drawbacks here are required 91octane (I called volt and asked if 87 octane is OK and they claim 87 is fine but watch for pinging. The car pinged immediately sounds like a tin can filled with rocks. Went back to 91 and engine quiet again). The only other issue is the navigation. We have a garmin and it is far better. I know the 2016 volt burns 87 octane and hopefully they fix the nav too. Overall this is a tight, highly refined Vehicle with potential for very high gas mileage around 200 mpg if always plugged in. We get about 58 mpg since we live out of town which is fantastic mileage. I can also go get the mail or drive around our 6 acre farm fuel free after plugging this in. It's a great car high recommendation."

Outstanding vehicle for almost everyone

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Economical, great to drive, avoid the gas station"

Cons: "Pure 4 seater, remember to recharge"

"This 2014 model is my second Volt. I have driven more than 900 miles so far and used 1.0 gal of gas. Just like my cell phone, I can drive all day, and then plug it into a regular 110V outlet at night and it's ready to go again in the morning. If your battery ever runs down, the gas powered range extender kicks in and makes more electricity! You can go another 350 miles or so, and then either recharge, or just put more gas in. Ultra modern electronics inside, and great acceleration when you hit the "go" pedal."

Car is great. 50 miles round trip on Battery

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Saves me $ on gas"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Do not like all the bangs and whistles. Would be nice to take that out and make the car more afordable"

Superb Automobile.

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Well engineered. Green. Great leather"

Cons: "Hard to see out the rear window."

"This car is neither your Grandfather's Electric Golf Cart, nor a Prius. Its an exceptionally well engineered automobile. It flies. Its electric motor gets you where you need to go, no matter if it is getting around town on the charge or going across country with the Generator assist. The torque is phenomenal meaning the car gets up and goes. The engineering behind this car is wonderful. As is the interior. The leather is subtle, the passenger compartment is quiet and refined. As an extra engineering bonus, when you put the back seats down, there is a remarkable amount of cargo area. In fact, I got an entire set of kitchen cabinets in it."

One of the very best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "great mileage,fit and finish, handling, fun to dri"

Cons: "No power drivers seat."

"I originally bought a 2013 Volt, and my wife hated the black, so after 20,000 miles in 10 months, I decided to get her favorite color, white. We never had the '13 back to the dealer, except for an oil change, minor maint. great car no problems at all. scale of 1-10, i give it a 10.No one would ever believe the trade I got for it. With all rebates, credits, EPA rebate, suppliers discount, GM rebate,I could not keep a car with 20,000 miles on it, so i traded. Cost was about $150.00 total for a new car with no miles on it. '14 Volt is in the same category, no problems at all, great car. My wife drives it most of the time, and always has the air on high, or heater on high, and doesn't know how to be economical, but we still average over 149 MPG. We have used 67 gal of gas for 10,000 miles. Our gas purchases went from $350-$400 a month to around $100. Pays for itself in gas savings. I highly recommend this car to anyone that likes to thumb their nose at the gas refineries."