• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,073 - $32,951.

10/6.4

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent Value after Rebates

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "$$$ savings, great accel for what it provides"

Cons: "Getting in/out slightly awkward for tall people"

"After National ($7500) and State ($3916) Rebates paid only $23500 for this car (of note, was a show model, bought with about 3800 miles, vs similarly packaged cruze listing for around $24000). Have owned it about 1 year, had one mechanical issue that was resolved quickly. Similar in size to the Chevy Cruze, but with leather interior, NAV and all the other bells and whistles, the Volt came out far ahead in financial calculations. At .08 cents a KWH, it costs me about $1 to go between 25 and 40 miles depending on the time of the year. Approx 1/4 the cost of gas. The design interior went futuristic with what appears to be touch sensitive plastic for the center console, did not like this hence the 8 on design, but outside of that, interior is nicely done. Comfort took a hit as I am 6'5", I found it took a little extra effort to get in and out of the car, but once in, I fit very nicely with room to spare. Was able to get a passenger in the front seat that was 6'8" and another passenger in behind him on a trip, while not ideal for long trips, it is doable for rides under 2-3 hours. One of my favorite perks.... typically has about 8 gallons of usable gas before the low fuel alert comes on, I have been getting between 650 miles (winter) and 2400 miles (Summer) between fill-ups, saving time at the gas station. Of note, the majority of my driving does fit into the electric range of this vehicle, the engine will also kick in occasionally (to keep the engine warm) despite having electric charge remaining when the temp goes below 25F, and the car is rated 37mpg on gas power although I have obtained closer to 43mpg when on longer trips with cruise control set at 65mph. Would check with the State and Fed first to see if the rebates are still available, and if so, how much.... IL is not the only state that offers a rebate."

Cant imagine owning anything other than a volt!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Not worrying about gas prices."

Cons: "Nothing"

"This car has delivered on everything I had hoped for. I spend 90% of the time on the battery. I love that I can take long trips if I want and not worry about finding a charging station because the gas gen takes care of me, or have to own a second car, or rent a car. I think Chevy got it right with this car."

Dealership's don't carry the tire for a VOLT.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "saves gas, but so would a sub compact."

Cons: "flat tires are EXPENSIVE"

"Not sure if it's a problem with the type of tire. First two years I had no tire problem. This year, I've had to have it towed 3 times due to flats. The fix-a-flat would not hold in any of the flats I had. The problem with no spare is that I've had to stay in a hotel over night. In the most recent case, the dealership could not get the tire till the next day. I missed two days of work and had a hotel stay on top of the tire cost. Should a dealership carry at least one tire for any kind of car they sell? what happens when they decide to stop making this type of tire?"

My Fav Car Ever!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Total cost to own is low, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Small, some controls are a little complex"

"It's a great price/deal if you factor in the rebates and fuel savings. Do the math - FAR better than a hybrid. Those 40 electric miles I get every day fill most of my miles at about 100 mpg equivalent. I love the way it drives - much sportier than I expected. It's quicker and handles better than any non-sports car I have ever owned, and quieter, too. Even when it uses gas it only uses it to power a generator, so it is technically always running on electricity - no loud shifting of gears! The technology and computer console is impressive and fun. This is small car that fits me perfectly, but tall or large people may feel differently. Although the quality of construction feels high, I had to give it an 8 on reliability but I confess this is based on my anti-Chevy bias. It's reliability for the past 4 years looks strong and I am hoping my first Chevy will have a repair record similar to my Toyotas and Hondas. Be smart with your research and you will want this car! OK, got to go drive it now...somewhere...anywhere..."

an excellent match for my driving situation

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "i have not added gasoline since 2003"

"why does gm not advertise this car. It is a great design"

See if you qualify for