2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,486 - $32,539.

10/6.4

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

best of many vehicles I've owned.

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "mileage, technology that works, unique."

Cons: ""A" pillars are a bit wide."

"I had no intention of buying this car till I drove one. I had seen a few of them but they never really appealed to me so didn't consider them to be "my" type of car, and I've had a lot of new cars. Why Chevy doesn't promote this car more is a mystery to me. I can honestly say after 6 months and 2,500 I am more impressed with it each time I get in and out it. Have Nav with backup camera, Bose, rear park sensors, leather, heated seats and chrome wheels and more. This car has rock solid build quality, good driving/ riding qualities, and is really a technological marvel. I lucked out and bought at a time when they offered no interest for 72 mos. and with the federal and stated tax credits, well that was "icing on the cake". Love the smart phone app which allows status notifications of charging,tire pressures miles driven and other things. Standard remote start is great in the cold weather. I think the people at Chevy thought of just about everything to make this an outstanding vehicle. Still waiting to give the car a test in the fairly heavy snow but talk on the forums is positive."

Far exceeded my expectations

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "extended range. smooth electric propulsion. remote"

Cons: "lack of 5th seat"

"When I replaced by 15 year old commuter car with the Chevy Volt, cost saving was not a factor at all. I purchased the Chevy Volt because it was a technology marvel and perfectly suites my requirements. Now, more than a year later, I could not be happier with my purchase. There is absolutely no buyers remorse. How could you - when the car went 13500 miles on just 12.5 gallons of gasoline and about $400 in electricity? And maintenance? I rotated the tires at 7500 miles (free by dealer). I still have 35% oil life remaining. And as per the manual, I don't have to do any other maintenance (except tire rotations) for the next 30,000 or so miles! The car is fun to drive. Its not a sports car (0 to 60 in 8 seconds) but in local traffic, I can be far ahead of other cards because of the silent 150hp + 280 lb-ft instant electric torque. Many people think the battery is expensive and needs to be replaced every 3 years but the car comes with 8 year/a 100K mile traction battery warranty. In fact, all the electric drive components carry the same warranty! And battery technology 8 years (should the need to replace arise - its not like the battery will just die after 8 years!) will be much better to what it is today. And batteries will also be a lot cheaper 8 years from now. The only limitation I see in the volt is the lack of a 5th seat. Otherwise, this is the best electric/hybrid you can get."

Solid car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "great refinement solid engineer with 2 exceptions"

Cons: "91 octane required and nav system"

"We're coming from a Toyota matrix and quality is far improved with this car. We bought this used and have only had for a month so we'll see over time how the battery does. I couldn't get a Prius or any other hybrid currently on the market- the Prius and all other hybrids use the infamous CVT transmission my transmission mechanic said $8000 for any Prius with a bad transmission when our conventional Durango cost us $2500. for tranny overhaul. The volt stands alone as an electric car with gas range extender- their is a tranny- it is 1 speed direct drive with a digital clutch so much more efficient and simpler to repair than any other PHEV. The main drawbacks here are required 91octane (I called volt and asked if 87 octane is OK and they claim 87 is fine but watch for pinging. The car pinged immediately sounds like a tin can filled with rocks. Went back to 91 and engine quiet again). The only other issue is the navigation. We have a garmin and it is far better. I know the 2016 volt burns 87 octane and hopefully they fix the nav too. Overall this is a tight, highly refined Vehicle with potential for very high gas mileage around 200 mpg if always plugged in. We get about 58 mpg since we live out of town which is fantastic mileage. I can also go get the mail or drive around our 6 acre farm fuel free after plugging this in. It's a great car high recommendation."

Outstanding vehicle for almost everyone

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Economical, great to drive, avoid the gas station"

Cons: "Pure 4 seater, remember to recharge"

"This 2014 model is my second Volt. I have driven more than 900 miles so far and used 1.0 gal of gas. Just like my cell phone, I can drive all day, and then plug it into a regular 110V outlet at night and it's ready to go again in the morning. If your battery ever runs down, the gas powered range extender kicks in and makes more electricity! You can go another 350 miles or so, and then either recharge, or just put more gas in. Ultra modern electronics inside, and great acceleration when you hit the "go" pedal."

Car is great. 50 miles round trip on Battery

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Saves me $ on gas"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Do not like all the bangs and whistles. Would be nice to take that out and make the car more afordable"