Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2013 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

Outstanding Vehicle!!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Low operating cost, smooth ride, good nav/radio."

Cons: "initial cost."

"This car has the amenities you need, like GPS, link to IPhone, remote control apps for your phone, park assist, heated seats, XM radio, and backup camera. The cup holders, 12V plugs, and storage spots are well thought out for common devices. While only having 2 back seats, they are as comfortable as the front and I often plug in to the 12v and work in the back seat on road trips with others driving. The car is smooth and quiet at all speeds. While fairly expensive up front, the operating cost around the city on electric, where you would ordinarily get your worst gas mileage, is good if you drive conservatively. The same holds true on the highway; it gets good mileage 43-53mpg on road trips. Using the cruise control and drive steadily helps; even while on trips through the mountains in WV. Most of the time we run it on electric around town are fill up ever 1.5-2 months."

First 1000 miles

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"So far the Volt has exceeded our expectations. We have used just 1.18 gallons of gas in the first 1000 miles. If you factor in the cost of electricity we are still close to 200 mpg. The car has run flawlessly thus far, no bugs or software glitches. The ride is smooth and very quiet, like driving on a cloud. GM is very attentive to the Volt owners and has assigned a Volt Advisor who checks in monthly to be sure everything is OK and that there are no questions. They solicit feedback as well for changes/improvements. Probably more than most new vehicles, the Volt's value will depend upon your driving style and the range you drive in. Keeping it charged and in EV mode will bring the best return value. If overall cost is your main concern, a used car or more typical high MPG compact is probably a better choice. But if you want to drive the most interesting and technically advanced vehicle available, try the Volt. We love it!"

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

Used to drive a Civic, now drive a better car

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Affordable maintenance and an Average of 75.5 MPG"

Cons: "visibility could be improved in blind spots."

"I purchased my first Chevy Volt in August 2012. I drive approximately 2500 miles per month. I save approx. $500 to $800 per month on the financing and gas costs. This car is the best car I have driven and my mechanical/maintenance cost are a lot lower. I like this car so much that I recently purchased the same model for $29000, with the $7500 tax credit this car was $21500. Cheaper than any foreign car and great value. My family enjoy saving money and have fun driving the Volt. What more can you ask for. Thank you Chevrolet. We are now a family of two Volts. We charge are Volts for Free as our electric plan enables us FREE electric from 10pm to 8 am, so charge up fees are minimal. Prospective buyers need to view this car and negotiate a good price. Come on guys with value like this support American Technology and design and the American workforce."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals