Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2013 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Amazing design and fuel economy.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Handling, fuel economy, technological innovation."

Cons: "Seats 4, all wheel drive would be a great option!"

"The Volt is an amazing vehicle and a technological marvel. Forget the EPA mileage estimates. For local use getting 150 mpg is not difficult. For longer distance driving (120+ mile trips), 60 mpg is typical. With over 6000 miles on the car now, the Volt has been flawless. Great handling and sporty acceleration. I've been a car guy for many years and this is the best I've ever seen come out of Detroit! Hats off to GM on this one."

Absolutely the finest car that I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Reliable, Eco-friendly, Sound System = A+++++"

Cons: "For this size and type of car ... no "cons"."

"This car is outstanding! Nicest car I have ever owned (and I've owned a Prius, Corvettes, Volvo convertible sport car, Alpha Romero, etc.). When I purchased the Volt, I received five years of free "On-Star", regular maintenance (with loaner car), and emergency road service. With the $7,500 tax credit, it was totally worth the price! I have 10K miles on the car and am getting 145+ miles per gallon. I've used 68 gallons of gas since I bought the car new. I am a left-leg amputee and this car has more leg room for me than some large sedans. Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail. The concert quality sound system will blow you away!"

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great car, nice design, amazing mpg"

"The Chevrolet Volt is really a great car! It really does save you money. On average people drive 900 miles in between fill ups. I would highly suggest buying a Chevy Volt!"

Love this car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, economical"

Cons: "doesn't run as well when gas kicks in- but not bad"

"I just drive around town so mostly on electric miles. I have only bought gas once in 6 months!"

Best Car I have ever driven

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Silent driving, instant torque, NO MORE GAS!"

Cons: "Some controls could be better designed (climate)"

"I love my Volt! The car handles great, it's comfortable, stylish and just all around great. Driving in silence is a welcome change from traditional cars. The Volt has technology no other car has. I drive 95% of the time on electricity. The cost to drive a Volt is a fraction of that of other cars, simply because electricity is so much cheaper than gas."

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Has good aceleration"

"Like the LCD screen for speedometer. Fun to drive as good aceleration good braking. Like the fact that I don' t worry about gas prices."

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Fantastic driving experience

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient, fun to drive, best styling"

Cons: "4 seats, poor promotion"

"I like my 2013 Volt so much I bought a second one. The Volt is all around a great car. Average gas mileage has been about 150 MPG when factoring both gas and electric usage. Went on a couple of long trips just on gas and got around 38 MPG. But it is best around town and short trips where we use almost exclusively electric. When going for test drives at different dealerships, no one had a Volt with a charge. They obviously do not know how to promote this car or realize what they have."

MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED !!!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO WATCH THE SAVINGS ROLL UP !!!!"

Cons: "PRICE, BUT I DID GET $7500. FED. AND $3000. STATE"

"I SAW ONE REVIEW THAT RATED THE VOLT POOR BECAUSE IT COST MORE TO CHARGE ON 220/240 THAN THE COST OF GAS IS ALL WRONG!!! I KEEP GOOD TRACK OF THE COST! MY VOLT IS CHARGED ON 110 VOLT THAT COST MORE THAN 240 WOULD!! ON A FULL CHARGE OF A LITTLE OVER 10 KW. @ MY ELECTRIC CO. CHARGE OF 8.5 CENTS PER KW = LESS THAN $1. AT NATIONAL AVERAGE OF 12 TO 13 CENTS WOULD ONLY BE A$ $1.20 T0 $1.30 . IF YOU DRAIN IT TOTAL, IT WOULD BE APROX. 15 KW AND A COST $1.27 AT MY 8.5 CENT RATE. I GET 41 TO 44 MILES PER CHARGE WHEN NOT USING HEAT, FAN OR AIR. I HAVE GONE 55 MILES ON A SINGLE CHARGE. I USE LOW GEAR [NOT REALY A GEAR] TO GET THESE MILES. THE PERSON WHO LEFT THE BAD REVIEW CAN'T GET A GAL.GAS FOR THE ABOVE PRICES AND THEN GO 40 MILES!!!"

Glad I waited and glad I bought it

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"I was interested in this car when I first heard about the concept in about 2006 or so. When it was time to replace my 1996 Chevy Cavalier 165,000 miles the Volt was not available so I went with the Honda Civic hybrid. I was satisfied with the car and unlike some averaged 47 miles per gallon with it. When the 2013 Volt came out with the "Hold" feature I thought I would take a look since my commute is 42 miles round trip with a two mile long 10% grade hill. The version I picked had a sticker price of almost $42000. Wow, but with the $7500 federal rebate, $3500 state rebate, about $3000 off the sticker price, $2000 cash back from Chevy, and 0% financing the deal was tough to pass up. $26000 is not that much more than a similar equipped Camery and the like. The car drives great. So far the best range I have gotten is 50 miles on days with the high temperature around 60F and the worst range has been 35 miles with high temperature around 20F. The total energy usage (gas + electricity) so far has been between $40 per month in November to $50 in January traveling about 1,000 per month. Yes it might not break even for a very long time compared a Honda Fit but these cars really can't compare. Saying the Volt will not make up the price difference over a $15000 car might be true but it's is not a $15000 car."

No V8 comes close to the quiet smooth power.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Performance of the electric drive is superior."

Cons: "Not wanting to dive my other ICE cars."

"I charge my Volt on a standard 120v charger which is standard equipment that comes with the car. There is not need for a 240v charger. The first full year I went to a gas station one time to get 9 gallons of gas for the generator which only runs when I need it. My commute is 10.5miles of hard city stop and go driving up and down the hills of western PA. last year 8300 miles cost me less than $275.. I'm very happy with that. I was back to the dealer one time to have the tires rotated. No oil changes and only one trip to the gas station. Less than $275 for total maintenance gas and electricity. I have a wattmeter on the charger that tells me how much it costs to charge the car. I agree with 128,000 SAE automotive engineers from around the world who voted the CHEVY VOLT as the BEST ENGINEERED CAR ON THE ROAD TODAY."

First Chevy I've owned in 30 years

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and Quiet. I love avoid the gas station"

Cons: "No back seat, need to improve generator efficiency"

"Pros: This car is an amazing breakthrough in technology. Electric drive cars have a much smoother and quieter acceleration that gasoline cars. It is really a pleasure to drive this car. My average MPG has been over 100 with about 2/3rd of the time on the battery and 1/3rd of the time on the generator. Electric cars are the future. They are cleaner, better for the environment, less costly to run, and better for our economy because electric power is domestically produced. Cons: They need a hard cover for the trunk area and it would be better if the card didn't have a big divider between the two back seats. Also more leg and headroom in the back would be better. Power adjustable seats in the front would be better. Whenever you have a large electric motor there is some EMF created. I measured it and it is not too bad but GM should take care to shield the cabin more. Long term EMF exposure is somewhat of a concern for me. GM should also consider using a skate board chassis that they pioneered and that Tesla uses. Not that it matters much for overall efficiency since people tend to use the battery about 2/3rd of the time and the generator about 1/3rd of the time but if GM increase the efficiency statistics when the car is running on the generator this would help with marketing. They need to hit the critical 50 MPG mark. Finally, GM might consider going to the EPA with their statistics and asking them to allow the true OVERALL gasoline mileage statics on the vehicle instead of the MPG for just the gasoline generator. The vehicle probably average over 70 MPG. This is what GM should be advertising and the EPA should allow this. The government wants more of these vehicles sold and the higher mileage statistics would help appeal to the customer. Otherwise the consumer gets 38MPG stuck in their head."

Outstanding Vehicle!!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Low operating cost, smooth ride, good nav/radio."

Cons: "initial cost."

"This car has the amenities you need, like GPS, link to IPhone, remote control apps for your phone, park assist, heated seats, XM radio, and backup camera. The cup holders, 12V plugs, and storage spots are well thought out for common devices. While only having 2 back seats, they are as comfortable as the front and I often plug in to the 12v and work in the back seat on road trips with others driving. The car is smooth and quiet at all speeds. While fairly expensive up front, the operating cost around the city on electric, where you would ordinarily get your worst gas mileage, is good if you drive conservatively. The same holds true on the highway; it gets good mileage 43-53mpg on road trips. Using the cruise control and drive steadily helps; even while on trips through the mountains in WV. Most of the time we run it on electric around town are fill up ever 1.5-2 months."

Chevy Volt is a Great Car

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Electric Range, Quality, Driving dynamics"

Cons: "Little expensive till rebate, No Back seat Air vnt"

"I was looking for a new car and the final run off was the Ford Fusion Hybrid / Energi and the Chevy Volt. I am glad that I would up with the USA Volt. I have yet to fill up the gas tank 3 months after buying the car. Over 400 mpg. AMAZING commuter car. I am just using the 110 charger both at home and at work and running almost 100 % electric."

First 1000 miles

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"So far the Volt has exceeded our expectations. We have used just 1.18 gallons of gas in the first 1000 miles. If you factor in the cost of electricity we are still close to 200 mpg. The car has run flawlessly thus far, no bugs or software glitches. The ride is smooth and very quiet, like driving on a cloud. GM is very attentive to the Volt owners and has assigned a Volt Advisor who checks in monthly to be sure everything is OK and that there are no questions. They solicit feedback as well for changes/improvements. Probably more than most new vehicles, the Volt's value will depend upon your driving style and the range you drive in. Keeping it charged and in EV mode will bring the best return value. If overall cost is your main concern, a used car or more typical high MPG compact is probably a better choice. But if you want to drive the most interesting and technically advanced vehicle available, try the Volt. We love it!"

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "The car will pay for itself."

Cons: "No "DC fast charge" capability."

"Here is the best thing anyone could say: If the car were to get totaled, I would DEFINITELY buy another Volt. After owning the car for 20 months, I have over 41,000 miles, 28k+ on electric. I do a 900 mile trip about every 6 weeks. Did my first oil change at 40k miles. Saved about $2500 on gas the first year. Performs well in snow. Anyone I meet that owns one is absolutely giddy about the car. Electric bill went up about $6-$8 per month utilizing Illinois' "Residential Real-Time Pricing" plan. Cheap overnight charging. Unless on a trip, only use about 2 gallons of gas per month. Being a 2012 model, the usable battery is 10.3 kW (2013/14 models have 10.8kW). After all my use, I still get 10.1 to 10.2 kW of use before the gas engine kicks in. Not much degradation there. In the summer, I average 50 miles to a charge. When the temp is around 40, I average 40 miles to a charge. Below freezing, with the heat and defrosters going, 25-30 miles to a charge. On gas, I get 41-45 MPG hwy and once got 50 MPG while driving super conservatively. I get 39 MPG hwy while towing a small trailer. About 38 MPG city."

Pays for Itself

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Pays you to drive it"

Cons: "Becomes a 40 mpg hybrid for long trips."

"KBB is being unfair to call the Volt expensive. You can get a new Volt for $26,685 with fed tax credit ($34,185 without). That's exactly in line with the average new car sale price in the USA, currently. (google it) I'm literally saving $2,000/year on gas (i.e. $10K in 5yr!). My electric bill went up by $30/mo. The external wall-mounted charger that Chevy offers is not made by Chevy and yes it has issues(that some reviewer below complained about) is NOT the charger that people in the know buy. Everybody is buying the Clipper Creek LCS-25 charger, which is very rugged. I have the LCS-25 and it's awesome. Take other comments (like center console issues) with a big grain of salt: statistically the Volt has proven to be above average reliability. In particular, powertrain problems are very very rare. My Volt has given me zero problems. The only other car I'd buy is a Tesla (but it's out of my price range at present. There was a slightly misfit panel on the car where it met the bumper, when I got it. I got that realigned; all's perfect now."

Used to drive a Civic, now drive a better car

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Affordable maintenance and an Average of 75.5 MPG"

Cons: "visibility could be improved in blind spots."

"I purchased my first Chevy Volt in August 2012. I drive approximately 2500 miles per month. I save approx. $500 to $800 per month on the financing and gas costs. This car is the best car I have driven and my mechanical/maintenance cost are a lot lower. I like this car so much that I recently purchased the same model for $29000, with the $7500 tax credit this car was $21500. Cheaper than any foreign car and great value. My family enjoy saving money and have fun driving the Volt. What more can you ask for. Thank you Chevrolet. We are now a family of two Volts. We charge are Volts for Free as our electric plan enables us FREE electric from 10pm to 8 am, so charge up fees are minimal. Prospective buyers need to view this car and negotiate a good price. Come on guys with value like this support American Technology and design and the American workforce."

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

I love this car - but..

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Forget Gas, Stylish"

Cons: "Low Profile, Poor Heating, Expensive"

"I've been driving the volt now for about a year, and since I live in Montana I thought I'd answer questions I constantly get about the battery in cold weather. I've driven the Volt in temperatures as cold as -20 F and as warm as 99 F. You do lose battery range in the cold weather, but the company is pretty up front about this. On a normal day 50-80 degrees, I get a range of about 36 miles off of the battery before switching to gas. On the coldest days, that range went down to about 20. On the days where the temp is hitting around 100 I see a reduction down to around 32-30. The cooling system is great, but the heating leaves much to be desired. Also, the car is VERY low to the ground. Which is fine for city driving, but here in Montucky the roads tend to be less than perfect and no matter how carefully I drive the plastic panel they put on the front end is always scrapping. It turns heads and makes me feel like a teen again when people stare. This car is EXPENSIVE; but I'm saving around 100 bucks a month on gas, and that more or less evens out my payments after you consider the tax breaks. Those facts/complains aside: I love the Volt, and I'm not sure how I'll ever go back to driving any other car. I never got to the gas station anymore unless I'm traveling long distance, and even then the gas mileage is pretty good. It handles very well, and the interior makes me feel like I'm driving around an Ipod."

2013 VOLT is the best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Up to 47 miles of EV range in Summer w AC"

Cons: "Winter Heating drops EV range to 32-35"

2013 Chevrolet VOLT - Topaz Silver/Black Leather 5 Door Sedan

"I took my first step into PHEV ownership on August 17, 2012 when I took delivery of a new 2013 Chevrolet VOLT (Silver Topaz/Black Premium). My 46 mile round trip commute was eating up $65.00/week in premium fuel in my 2011 Infiniti M37. As I was debating my alternatives, the executive in charge of my company’s fleet told me that he’d been driving a 2012 VOLT for several months and was incredibly impressed with the vehicle. What got my attention were his comments on build quality, the incredibly quiet ride and the electric vehicle range; on some days he got almost all the way home (60 miles) on a charge! That got my attention. But at over $43,000 MSRP (before GM reduced by $5,000 near end of the model year), I was not attracted by the high cost of acquisition (almost $600/month). So I waited for the right lease deal. So far, I’ve spent $6,300 to drive 14,004 miles, or $.45/mile: $4,200 for lease payments, $1,000 for insurance – both of which are normal costs for mid-market ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle. The savings are clearly made up in fuel ($465 gas & electric) and maintenance ($25). OnStar Diagnostics reports 3,127 kWh were used to drive 12,937 EV miles. I’ve tracked my monthly home electric utility bill since switching to the PEV rate at $.104/kWh deriving total EV miles driven at a cost of just $325. If you add in the Lv2 charger ($629), my EV fuel cost is $954 ($.07/mile). Gasoline ($139) is for post delivery purchases, excluding the ‘free’ tank of gas from Chevrolet. Amazingly, I have reduced my fuel consumption cost by 75% in total or $1,366! That’s equal to almost four months’ lease payments! Add in the residential electric savings ($363) and that’s 5 months free lease payments. IF you include costs avoided, the VOLT total cost of ownership is $4,562 or $.326/mile. The 2013 Chevrolet VOLT is the best vehicle I have ever owned! That’s a big statement from someone who worked in the auto industry, and has driven and owned so many vehicles. Yes it has some things I hope VOLT 2.0 addresses (inefficient heater core which sucks the life out of the battery, loosening up some of the 40% battery reserve to extend range to 50-75 miles per charge). But for my particular driving purposes it is nearly perfect: a metro area commute, limited need to carry back seat passengers and plenty of room for luggage, groceries and Costco trips. This is a well designed, well built (shout out to GM D’HAM Vehicle Assembly Plant) and nicely appointed vehicle which is just very rewarding to drive. You simply cannot underestimate the psychic satisfaction of the driving experience of a Chevrolet VOLT until you own one."

2013 Chevrolet VOLT - Topaz Silver/Black Leather 5 Door Sedan

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

My favorit car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and one time tax credit"

Cons: "no spare tire small air comprssor to fix flat"

"I love this car! 68 mpg lifetime. 142 mpg on this last tank of gas. My electric bill did not go through the roof. It costs about $1 a charge. Most of my driving can be done in electric but when I run out of electric car goes seamlessly into gas mode. On a trip last summer when I could not charge I still got 40mpg driving at highway speeds of 75mph using the AC. When lease is up I will be leasing another."

Really like not having to buy gas

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Gas bill way down, easy to drive, wife loves it"

Cons: "Wish up front cost was cheaper"

"So far, I have been getting 175 MPG. I charge up every night with the standard outlet charger (haven't upgraded to the level II charger yet which charges in just 4 hours) and am ready to go for 35 - 40 miles depending on the temperature and if I have to run the seat heaters or not. Drives well and will spoil you with how quiet it is; now when I have to drive my V8 truck I feel like I'm driving an army tank. My wife and I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else. We have noticed our electric bill has gone up between $20 - $30 per month, but the Onstar report estimates that we have saved a couple hundred gallons of gasoline already. If you do the math, $3.50/gallon multiplied by 250 gallons saved = $875 saved so far (well worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks a month for electricity). With this car, we just drive right by the gas stations and joke about how we can't remember the last time we had to put gas in the car. The "I thought those were electric" commercials are actually pretty true to life; people will come by and actually say that when we stop to get drinks or snacks at a gas station (or to use the potty)."

I'm FUMING MAD concerning the AMAZING Chevy VOLT!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, Silent, & Rarely Buy Gas!"

Cons: "Aren't as many on the road as there should be."

"This car is a huge environmental breakthrough. We have had this car since Sept 2013 and have yet to buy gas. We charge it up with the 110 Volt We live on a hill and within a drive of a few miles our range quickly rises from 41 to 54 miles (which we assume is tops). After running our errands we return home with very little reduction in range from when we departed, usually about 37 miles. Almost Never having to buy gas should go a long way towards people making their car payments. So, I'm mad that Chevy isn't advertising the Volt more. I NEVER see ads for them. I'm mad that some idiot reviewed the Volt and said it cost him $400/mile to drive and that other people are so anxious to forward such nonsense. I'm mad that people are driving their gas hogs and expecting everyone else on the planet to pay for their greediness and pollution. Wise up and buy a VOLT. The VOLT is part of the solution. We LOVE our Volt."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals