Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2012 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Absolutely the finest car that I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Reliable, Eco-friendly, Sound System = A+++++"

Cons: "For this size and type of car ... no "cons"."

"This car is outstanding! Nicest car I have ever owned (and I've owned a Prius, Corvettes, Volvo convertible sport car, Alpha Romero, etc.). When I purchased the Volt, I received five years of free "On-Star", regular maintenance (with loaner car), and emergency road service. With the $7,500 tax credit, it was totally worth the price! I have 10K miles on the car and am getting 145+ miles per gallon. I've used 68 gallons of gas since I bought the car new. I am a left-leg amputee and this car has more leg room for me than some large sedans. Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail. The concert quality sound system will blow you away!"

No V8 comes close to the quiet smooth power.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Performance of the electric drive is superior."

Cons: "Not wanting to dive my other ICE cars."

"I charge my Volt on a standard 120v charger which is standard equipment that comes with the car. There is not need for a 240v charger. The first full year I went to a gas station one time to get 9 gallons of gas for the generator which only runs when I need it. My commute is 10.5miles of hard city stop and go driving up and down the hills of western PA. last year 8300 miles cost me less than $275.. I'm very happy with that. I was back to the dealer one time to have the tires rotated. No oil changes and only one trip to the gas station. Less than $275 for total maintenance gas and electricity. I have a wattmeter on the charger that tells me how much it costs to charge the car. I agree with 128,000 SAE automotive engineers from around the world who voted the CHEVY VOLT as the BEST ENGINEERED CAR ON THE ROAD TODAY."

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Chevy Volt is a Great Car

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Electric Range, Quality, Driving dynamics"

Cons: "Little expensive till rebate, No Back seat Air vnt"

"I was looking for a new car and the final run off was the Ford Fusion Hybrid / Energi and the Chevy Volt. I am glad that I would up with the USA Volt. I have yet to fill up the gas tank 3 months after buying the car. Over 400 mpg. AMAZING commuter car. I am just using the 110 charger both at home and at work and running almost 100 % electric."

First Chevy I've owned in 30 years

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and Quiet. I love avoid the gas station"

Cons: "No back seat, need to improve generator efficiency"

"Pros: This car is an amazing breakthrough in technology. Electric drive cars have a much smoother and quieter acceleration that gasoline cars. It is really a pleasure to drive this car. My average MPG has been over 100 with about 2/3rd of the time on the battery and 1/3rd of the time on the generator. Electric cars are the future. They are cleaner, better for the environment, less costly to run, and better for our economy because electric power is domestically produced. Cons: They need a hard cover for the trunk area and it would be better if the card didn't have a big divider between the two back seats. Also more leg and headroom in the back would be better. Power adjustable seats in the front would be better. Whenever you have a large electric motor there is some EMF created. I measured it and it is not too bad but GM should take care to shield the cabin more. Long term EMF exposure is somewhat of a concern for me. GM should also consider using a skate board chassis that they pioneered and that Tesla uses. Not that it matters much for overall efficiency since people tend to use the battery about 2/3rd of the time and the generator about 1/3rd of the time but if GM increase the efficiency statistics when the car is running on the generator this would help with marketing. They need to hit the critical 50 MPG mark. Finally, GM might consider going to the EPA with their statistics and asking them to allow the true OVERALL gasoline mileage statics on the vehicle instead of the MPG for just the gasoline generator. The vehicle probably average over 70 MPG. This is what GM should be advertising and the EPA should allow this. The government wants more of these vehicles sold and the higher mileage statistics would help appeal to the customer. Otherwise the consumer gets 38MPG stuck in their head."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals