Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2012 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to own"

Cons: "4 seats biggest and only down fall"

"It is a drivers car. it handles like a sports car, yet easy to drive. I find the seats very comfortable, some find them too firm. The car is responsive and easy to handle. It has cool features of a high end car, yet is affordable. The price is a little high for most, but if you add the gas savings into the monthly payments, it worked out 52.00 better a month for me. I would recommend this car to the energy minded and the complete opposite minded, this is one car that anyone can agree with."

Best thing GM has come up with.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Test drove a Volt in Houston. About a month later my wife drove one in Tennessee, a week later we owned one. 2012 Silver Ice. Best car we have owned."

Exceptional economy and versatility

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "quick, sporty versatile, comfortable"

Cons: "lack of power seats. No spare tire"

"I bought this vehicle new. It has the premium package. Aside from the phenomenal mileage the car is great fun to drive. There have been absolutely no issues involving the propulsion system. GM nailed it! The only problems have involved a radio and power steering rack which had to be replaced and which is apparently part of a larger GM service bulletin I have two complaints. No power seats and no spare tire. A spare might seem unnecessary, however for those of us living in very sparsely inhabited states it can be very problematic. Already I have had a flat which the can of goo did not seal. Although the car was expensive it is worth your attention compared to what you get for the money. Now many cars of this vintage are coming off lease and should represent excellent used car value. The battery pack is covered with a ten year warranty and should not be considered a potential problem."

Beyond Expectations

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, good acceleration, quiet ride, looker"

Cons: "No sunroof option"

"This car is honestly the best car I have ever owned. The MPG has exceeded expectations. I have filled up the tank once in the first 4,000 miles and currently averaging 452 MPG. I have a round trip commute of 48 miles and have been able to get back and forth on electric only 95% of time. I have taken 200 mile road trip, and averaged 48 MPG in gas mode, when it's only rated at 40 on the HWY. The secret to this vehicle is that it is an electric drive train, and when the battery gets enough energy from the engine, it will turn the motor off and drive for a couple of miles on electric only. The interior is quiet, stereo is great as there isn't intrusion from engine noise changing the sound. This car has been great. So Great we ended up buying a second one. Highly recommended."

12 days in the service department first 5100 miles

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Interior"

Cons: "Reliability"

"I bought a volt in October of 2013, and immediately it had a CEL for charging system coolant failure. 3 days later I get my car back after driving it only 1 day and was told I must have used the brakes too much. 5000 miles later it is back in the shop for another CEL for charging system coolant failure. 9 days later they replace a coolant pump for the charging system and hope they have it fixed. Who knows."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals