Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Smart buy and fun to drive

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great economy, Fun to Drive, Great Electronics"

Cons: "None so far"

"I own a GM, it's been a while. This car handles as well as the BMW that I traded in, is quieter and the economy is incredible. Averaging 90 MPG so far. After all rebates, tax incentives (Federal and MD) the price is reasonable. The electronics are excellent. This is the first car where the voice functions work for me. Starting the car, checking status etc from IPad is cool. I have owned every brand of car under 100k and this car amazes me. I have read all of the reviews and see that the car is a political lightning rod . Whatever. Works for this Republican."

Best car I ever have

By on Sunday, April 8, 2012

"I own a Prius 2007 with close to 150K and decided to go greener. My wife and I are not dissapointed, we just got it on her birthday (March 27) and drove mostly on every errand including her work. So far we have over 1,000 miles, with only 10 galons used due we were anxiuos to drive it, my wife loves its driving and I love my wallet. I anticipate to break-even in less than 100,000 miles (to save about $ 12K in gas vs. electrecity costs). If the car last to 200K or 250K I can anticipate to save enough to buy another electric w/o using much of middle east oil."

A winner!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Breakthrough technology that actually works."

Cons: "Pricey even with tax credit."

"This car is terrific! We've driven 1700 miles in 2.5 months and used 1 gallon of gasoline. Charging overnight on a 110v outlet has worked great and costs us about 1 cent/mile of range. We've been getting 35 - 45 miles of battery-only range, which is sufficient for almost all our daily driving. Plus it's a really nice car. The quietness of electric operation plus complete lack of any squeaks or rattles makes it feel luxurious. The ride is comfortable and the features are extensive. My wife and I practically fight over who gets to drive the Volt. I definitely could see buying another one when it's time to replace a vehicle."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"I love this car. I have had it for 4.5 years now with zero problems. It's a pleasure to drive. Costs me 1 cent per mile (Fairport Electric). Great perfectly smooth acceleration."

I have owned 19 cars and this is the best ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Only used 5.1 gallons in 2661 miles!"

Cons: "It's perfect nothing bothers me!"

"I have been a car nut my whole life owning a 2008 CTS, 2006 BMW 3 soft top, 2006 Ford Mustang GT to name a few. Right now I own my 2012 Volt and a 1965 Corvette Convertable and if I had to pick one it would be the 2012 Volt!. The price after tax credits came to $29,500 about $3,000 more then a Cruze, making my pay back less then 3 years. I live in Colorado so it cost about $.70 cents per day to charge because our rate is only $.o45 cents per KW (I get about 65 miles per day in electric only driving because I start with 44 miles on average and can get about 4 miles per hour on 120v, I was going to get the 240v charger but didn't see a need yet. I save about 3 gallons of gas (22 mpg city) I average 65 miles a day. Gas costs about 3.72 a gallon costing $11.16 and my electricity cost about $.70 cents saving me $10.46! If I use my car 28 days per month I am saving $292.88 a month or $3514.56 a year so over 3 years $10543.68. If I really cut it to the bone a Volts net cost is $29500 and a good price on a fully equipped Cruze is $25900,00 in Colorado. If you look at these numbers it only takes about a year to be equal. So far I have gone 2661 miles and my gas usage is at 5.1 ($18.97) total gas cost. The one money saving issue that will also save me is brakes and oil changes. If all the owners are telling the truth the brakes are lasting a very long time due to the regebitive braking plus oil changes that may come out to one every year or two. If I am missing something so far I can't figure it out. If I keep it 6 years my saving come to $21087.36 plus maintenance savings what car will cost you $8412.64 over the life of the loan and if you keep it 9 years it is cost neutral . So now we come to the driving dynamics, the car drives as good if not better than 90 percent of my past cars. It seats four people more then enough for my needs and it's almost the size of a midsize allowing everyone to be comfortable. I would like a sunroof but not having power seats isn't a big deal. The leather is soft and the black and white seats are a nice touch like an iPad car. The pickup is great and even better in sport mode the only change I would make is a lockout for either gas or electric something that they are adding for 2013 but since it is software why not add it to all the existing cars. I dove it on a extended ride and averaged about 37 miles per gallon on the highway not bad compared to all the 40mpg cars that barley get that in real life. I can't really complain about this car the fit and finish is great and so far it has been perfect and I think it will remain that way. GM made sure this car was as quoted and from the other people rating this car it is providing them perfection."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals