Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A winner!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Breakthrough technology that actually works."

Cons: "Pricey even with tax credit."

"This car is terrific! We've driven 1700 miles in 2.5 months and used 1 gallon of gasoline. Charging overnight on a 110v outlet has worked great and costs us about 1 cent/mile of range. We've been getting 35 - 45 miles of battery-only range, which is sufficient for almost all our daily driving. Plus it's a really nice car. The quietness of electric operation plus complete lack of any squeaks or rattles makes it feel luxurious. The ride is comfortable and the features are extensive. My wife and I practically fight over who gets to drive the Volt. I definitely could see buying another one when it's time to replace a vehicle."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"I love this car. I have had it for 4.5 years now with zero problems. It's a pleasure to drive. Costs me 1 cent per mile (Fairport Electric). Great perfectly smooth acceleration."

I have owned 19 cars and this is the best ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Only used 5.1 gallons in 2661 miles!"

Cons: "It's perfect nothing bothers me!"

"I have been a car nut my whole life owning a 2008 CTS, 2006 BMW 3 soft top, 2006 Ford Mustang GT to name a few. Right now I own my 2012 Volt and a 1965 Corvette Convertable and if I had to pick one it would be the 2012 Volt!. The price after tax credits came to $29,500 about $3,000 more then a Cruze, making my pay back less then 3 years. I live in Colorado so it cost about $.70 cents per day to charge because our rate is only $.o45 cents per KW (I get about 65 miles per day in electric only driving because I start with 44 miles on average and can get about 4 miles per hour on 120v, I was going to get the 240v charger but didn't see a need yet. I save about 3 gallons of gas (22 mpg city) I average 65 miles a day. Gas costs about 3.72 a gallon costing $11.16 and my electricity cost about $.70 cents saving me $10.46! If I use my car 28 days per month I am saving $292.88 a month or $3514.56 a year so over 3 years $10543.68. If I really cut it to the bone a Volts net cost is $29500 and a good price on a fully equipped Cruze is $25900,00 in Colorado. If you look at these numbers it only takes about a year to be equal. So far I have gone 2661 miles and my gas usage is at 5.1 ($18.97) total gas cost. The one money saving issue that will also save me is brakes and oil changes. If all the owners are telling the truth the brakes are lasting a very long time due to the regebitive braking plus oil changes that may come out to one every year or two. If I am missing something so far I can't figure it out. If I keep it 6 years my saving come to $21087.36 plus maintenance savings what car will cost you $8412.64 over the life of the loan and if you keep it 9 years it is cost neutral . So now we come to the driving dynamics, the car drives as good if not better than 90 percent of my past cars. It seats four people more then enough for my needs and it's almost the size of a midsize allowing everyone to be comfortable. I would like a sunroof but not having power seats isn't a big deal. The leather is soft and the black and white seats are a nice touch like an iPad car. The pickup is great and even better in sport mode the only change I would make is a lockout for either gas or electric something that they are adding for 2013 but since it is software why not add it to all the existing cars. I dove it on a extended ride and averaged about 37 miles per gallon on the highway not bad compared to all the 40mpg cars that barley get that in real life. I can't really complain about this car the fit and finish is great and so far it has been perfect and I think it will remain that way. GM made sure this car was as quoted and from the other people rating this car it is providing them perfection."

Never though I would own and love a GM car.

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great lease"

Cons: "can't think of any yet"

"fantastic car NEVER in shop for anything, over 250 MPH, handles like a sports car. The people bashing this car either never had one and listen to FAUX news or truley got a lemon, and that happens with all cars. I have owned 2 Prius pryor to the volt , no comparson the volt feels much better and stronger built than the Prius. Try this simple test, just close the door on a volt and on a Prius and notice the diffrence. I really liked my Prius but the Volt is light years ahead."

Wonderful car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Awesome drive. Cheap to run."

Cons: "Rear seat room limited. Backup camera quality low."

"The electric car with gasoline backup concept intrigued me. I gave it a test drive and was hooked. Driving electric is addictive. Quiet and smooth and responsive. If you are at all interested, do yourself a favor and give it a test drive. I upgraded from a 2008 Prius. I liked the Prius, but I love my Volt. I am getting about 45 miles per charge and complete about 90% of my driving in electric. The gas engine gets about 40 mpg, which not as good as the Prius, is still better than most cars out there. I got a free 240 volt charger which was available where I live. It cost me a little over $17 in electricity for the month of July to go 553 miles and I used less than half a gallon of gasoline for what I couldn't do electric. The touch sensitive center stack takes a little getting used to and the backup camera is not the best quality, and the room in the rear seats is a little limited, but other than those minor issues, I have only good things to say about the Volt. People complain about the cost. It isn't the cheapest car, but after tax credits and factoring in savings on gas and maintenence, I find the car to be a great value. Prices will come down in the future as batteries get cheaper to manufacture."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals