• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED.,WORK 44 MILES FROM HOME

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Handles Great, Beautiful Sleek Lines, Excels Great"

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable."

"I love my Chevy Volt.. I disagree with one person who posted that it cost him a lot of money for electricity?? It's like 1.20 a day..on a household outlet..AMAZING !! A lot cheaper than all the Gas I used to use. The car handles Great..I am a woman..I used to drive BMW's, Corvette's, so I know handling on the roads.. This car hugs the road !! Excels when I need it to..I have owned the 2014 Volt for aprox 1 month now..I've only used 6 Gallons of gas..44 miles round trip to work Mon-Friday & play on the weekends."

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "The car will pay for itself."

Cons: "No "DC fast charge" capability."

"Here is the best thing anyone could say: If the car were to get totaled, I would DEFINITELY buy another Volt. After owning the car for 20 months, I have over 41,000 miles, 28k+ on electric. I do a 900 mile trip about every 6 weeks. Did my first oil change at 40k miles. Saved about $2500 on gas the first year. Performs well in snow. Anyone I meet that owns one is absolutely giddy about the car. Electric bill went up about $6-$8 per month utilizing Illinois' "Residential Real-Time Pricing" plan. Cheap overnight charging. Unless on a trip, only use about 2 gallons of gas per month. Being a 2012 model, the usable battery is 10.3 kW (2013/14 models have 10.8kW). After all my use, I still get 10.1 to 10.2 kW of use before the gas engine kicks in. Not much degradation there. In the summer, I average 50 miles to a charge. When the temp is around 40, I average 40 miles to a charge. Below freezing, with the heat and defrosters going, 25-30 miles to a charge. On gas, I get 41-45 MPG hwy and once got 50 MPG while driving super conservatively. I get 39 MPG hwy while towing a small trailer. About 38 MPG city."

Pays for Itself

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Pays you to drive it"

Cons: "Becomes a 40 mpg hybrid for long trips."

"KBB is being unfair to call the Volt expensive. You can get a new Volt for $26,685 with fed tax credit ($34,185 without). That's exactly in line with the average new car sale price in the USA, currently. (google it) I'm literally saving $2,000/year on gas (i.e. $10K in 5yr!). My electric bill went up by $30/mo. The external wall-mounted charger that Chevy offers is not made by Chevy and yes it has issues(that some reviewer below complained about) is NOT the charger that people in the know buy. Everybody is buying the Clipper Creek LCS-25 charger, which is very rugged. I have the LCS-25 and it's awesome. Take other comments (like center console issues) with a big grain of salt: statistically the Volt has proven to be above average reliability. In particular, powertrain problems are very very rare. My Volt has given me zero problems. The only other car I'd buy is a Tesla (but it's out of my price range at present. There was a slightly misfit panel on the car where it met the bumper, when I got it. I got that realigned; all's perfect now."

It's paid for it Self in gas savings...but

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Gas savings, assisted parking, rear view camera"

Cons: "center stack is flaky, electronics in general"

"It's obvious in just the first two years, that this car is going to be expensive to maintain as it ages. My biggest problem is with the charger The 240-4 hours charger did not last 9 months. The company did everything they could to not honor the warranty. It was installed by an Electrician, and they wanted an electrician to verify the installation. But after waiting 15 minutes to connect to technical support, the technician didn't want to wait any longer. It was my phone and ended up getting disconnected after 25 minutes. The center console,'the center stack' as they call it, had problems from the beginning, that the dealership was unwilling to replace it. As time went on the center stack failed completely. I had the extended warranty, but there was threats that it might not be covered. Apparently it's so expensive they have to have a techinician from GM headquarters verify it's functioning before replacing the part. The center stack was never put in place correctly. Both the main display (speed and message center) and the Center Stack will complete go haywire and not display the pictures correctly, showing millions of different colored pixels. I do find the rear camera and the assisted parking valuable additions. What would make this the perfect car? Take out all the electronic gizmos and provide manual controls for the ac/heat, radio and CD/MP3 player."

Lost 50% in value in 2 years

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

"I purchased car thinking I could make a difference, boy was I wrong.25 miles on a full charge . That is when it's not to cold or to hot. People talk about the fuel savings but never talk about the cost of the electric. This. Car is and was my worse investment. I was even told by some GM friends that they post great reviews on here to help sales. This it's wrong.don't make the same mistake I did."

Love my car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Amazing to drive, no gas!!!"

Cons: "Heater eats electric ;("

"Fun fun fun. Techie, sleek. Make it to and from work all EV. Next car a Volt!!!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned in 25 years!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "little or no gas, ride, handling, quality"

Cons: "seats 4?"

"I drive 95% on electric; enjoy the vehicle for both commuting and the occasional long trip. Have saved ~$2500 in gasoline over my previous vehicle, a Toyota Yaris. The quality, ride, handling, acceleration and interior of this vehicle is far superior to the Toyotas, Hondas, and Saturns I have owned over the years. Safety is also excellent, the great handling has helped me avoid two near collisions. Highly recommended, even better deal now with the price drop or to lease."

after buying cars for 40 years .. VOLT is the best

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Quiet no shifting effortless POWER."

Cons: "Window switches are touchy for my big fingers."

Snow on the outside preconditioned inside...no engine smoke

"Smooth quiet power no ICE can match. Bought my White Base Volt on Dec 22, 2012 and have not been to a gas station since. The car has been flawless. I now agree with over 128,000 automotive engineers from around the world who voted the Chevy Volt as the best engineered car on the road today. After 3 years I still don't see a real competitor. I hear about a lot of concept cars. I paid $22,900 for my Volt after rebates."

Snow on the outside preconditioned inside...no engine smoke

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Mpg is unbelievable. Rides great. Handles great."

Cons: "Heater not as good as gas powered car."

"Bought it used.Saved 20k. It has gotten over 130mpg so far. I have not bought gas in 12 weeks. My husband liked mine so well he bought one also. Best vehicle I have ever owned."

Bought Elantra Instead

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

I don't own this car

"I used simple math to buy an Elantra for 15.8k rather than a Volt for 40k with an additional 2k in sales tax. Not only do I have more room and more horsepower but the 27 thousand I saved interest free- buys 7000 gallons of gas with no charging cord. Thats enough gas for 235,000 miles or about 15 years worth of driving."

Outstanding Vehicle!!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Low operating cost, smooth ride, good nav/radio."

Cons: "initial cost."

"This car has the amenities you need, like GPS, link to IPhone, remote control apps for your phone, park assist, heated seats, XM radio, and backup camera. The cup holders, 12V plugs, and storage spots are well thought out for common devices. While only having 2 back seats, they are as comfortable as the front and I often plug in to the 12v and work in the back seat on road trips with others driving. The car is smooth and quiet at all speeds. While fairly expensive up front, the operating cost around the city on electric, where you would ordinarily get your worst gas mileage, is good if you drive conservatively. The same holds true on the highway; it gets good mileage 43-53mpg on road trips. Using the cruise control and drive steadily helps; even while on trips through the mountains in WV. Most of the time we run it on electric around town are fill up ever 1.5-2 months."

Finally, a car that is fun to drive affordable!

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Newer lower pricing, Fast, Quiet, Averaging 96 mpg"

Cons: "Doesn't cut the grass or do laundry..."

"I have owned 50+ vehicles and this is by far my favorite to drive. It is crazy fast in "Sport" mode, haven't purchased gas in 7 months and can take it anywhere with or without charging stations. I find it surprising that most folks don't realize you can go without buying gas when you stay in town but can also take it across country just like a "normal" car if you desire,(getting 38 mpg!) Chevy is really pricing these Volts well in the past month and if they made a mini SUV (like the Honda CRV )with this setup, I would get one for my wife. Note: I own a Mercedes facility and look forward to driving my Volt home after work everyday!"

Used to drive a Civic, now drive a better car

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Affordable maintenance and an Average of 75.5 MPG"

Cons: "visibility could be improved in blind spots."

"I purchased my first Chevy Volt in August 2012. I drive approximately 2500 miles per month. I save approx. $500 to $800 per month on the financing and gas costs. This car is the best car I have driven and my mechanical/maintenance cost are a lot lower. I like this car so much that I recently purchased the same model for $29000, with the $7500 tax credit this car was $21500. Cheaper than any foreign car and great value. My family enjoy saving money and have fun driving the Volt. What more can you ask for. Thank you Chevrolet. We are now a family of two Volts. We charge are Volts for Free as our electric plan enables us FREE electric from 10pm to 8 am, so charge up fees are minimal. Prospective buyers need to view this car and negotiate a good price. Come on guys with value like this support American Technology and design and the American workforce."

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

GM Failure

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"This car is the ultimate failure. Cost of charging 220 volt (extra charge ) is more than the cost of fuel. Cant sell mine due to the fact nobody wants this piece of garbage. Car is now 3 years old and its not even worth 20,000. What a dummy i was. I guess this explains why gm is leasing at 199 with a 42,000 residual. Nobody wants it"

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Porshe 911 to 2012 Volt

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "exceptional efficency"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"During medical school I used the desire of owning a Porsche as a means of motivation to keep up with the seemingly endless obligations. After med school I decided to get a PhD in chemical engineering. A year later I started my own business and treated myself to a black 911 turbo. The car was great on the back winding roads but in stop and go traffic of a day to day commute the car was just a handful and woefully expensive to drive. After just 10 months I traded in on a black 2012 Volt. I drive upwards of 200 miles a day-all on electric due to conveniently located chargers. After a month of ownership my wife got a Volt for her commute. After almost a year of having her volt she has driven her Audi Q7 TDI once and rather ironically has had to jump it because the battery was dead. After a year-give or take- of owning two volts we have consumed less than 35 gallons of gas between the two over some 38,000 miles. Needless to say were happy with our purchases."

Best car ever

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "low fuel cost"

Cons: "no heated steering wheel"

"Love it! Drives like a dream, accelerates like crazy, great for stop and go downtown traffic, easy to park, quiet to the point of being stealthy. Lots of room for my stuff. Only two little cons. I'd like to have a heated steering wheel option, and the front passenger doors need a little more headroom."

Chevy Volt is a Great Car

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Electric Range, Quality, Driving dynamics"

Cons: "Little expensive till rebate, No Back seat Air vnt"

"I was looking for a new car and the final run off was the Ford Fusion Hybrid / Energi and the Chevy Volt. I am glad that I would up with the USA Volt. I have yet to fill up the gas tank 3 months after buying the car. Over 400 mpg. AMAZING commuter car. I am just using the 110 charger both at home and at work and running almost 100 % electric."

Great one

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Cons: "Four seater"

"Great driver, quick in traffic, 122 mpg to date, fine stable road car on 1000 mile trip on gas, gets 38 mpg on gas, 34 to 42 miles on battery charge. Absolutely trouble free for 24,000 miles to date. Best car I've had includes BMW, Porsche, Honda, VW, Volvo"

I love this car - but..

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Forget Gas, Stylish"

Cons: "Low Profile, Poor Heating, Expensive"

"I've been driving the volt now for about a year, and since I live in Montana I thought I'd answer questions I constantly get about the battery in cold weather. I've driven the Volt in temperatures as cold as -20 F and as warm as 99 F. You do lose battery range in the cold weather, but the company is pretty up front about this. On a normal day 50-80 degrees, I get a range of about 36 miles off of the battery before switching to gas. On the coldest days, that range went down to about 20. On the days where the temp is hitting around 100 I see a reduction down to around 32-30. The cooling system is great, but the heating leaves much to be desired. Also, the car is VERY low to the ground. Which is fine for city driving, but here in Montucky the roads tend to be less than perfect and no matter how carefully I drive the plastic panel they put on the front end is always scrapping. It turns heads and makes me feel like a teen again when people stare. This car is EXPENSIVE; but I'm saving around 100 bucks a month on gas, and that more or less evens out my payments after you consider the tax breaks. Those facts/complains aside: I love the Volt, and I'm not sure how I'll ever go back to driving any other car. I never got to the gas station anymore unless I'm traveling long distance, and even then the gas mileage is pretty good. It handles very well, and the interior makes me feel like I'm driving around an Ipod."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "almost never have to stop for gas!"

Cons: "lower range in the winter"

"car is comfortable, drives really well, handles well, accelerates well. also, cost is not that high when factoring in gas savings and the high residual values that GM assumes."

Switched back to Chevy for the VOLT

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "sound system, gas savings, sporty,"

Cons: "NONE"

"I had a lot of Chevy's over the years from a 69 Camaro to a 2000 Silverado 4x4 and then had a few Hondas more recently a 2008 civic, and then a 2010 Honda CRV. I was now big into saving gas with gas prices continuing to go up,up,up. Civic was good but Volt is 10 times better. The CRV had all wheel drive but Volt had no problem at all in the snow it handled very well. I usually put 15,000 miles a year on a vehicle. The volt has proven itself in how it handles from it stopping on a dime to the sporty setting that gives it that excellent acceleration when you need it. I can go to work and return home each day on just the battery alone- "0 gas". I have taken several road trips over 200 miles and based on how it is driven can get 44-45 miles per gallon on average. It also has the hatch back that comes in handy when taking those trips. I also love the Bose sound system, the hard drive that can load all my CD's and or play them from a thumb drive connection."

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "sips gas, nice acceleration"

Cons: "220 charger costs $900, poor dealer service"

"I like my Volt because it doesn't use gas. A full charge usually lasts for a day of driving around town. On the highway, once it switches to gas, it gets around 44 mpg. I have read the other reviews so I won't dwell too much. My two biggest complaints are: the value has dropped 25% in less than 2 years and it took months and many trips to the dealer to fix a remote sensing switch. It appears the dealer has no training in the Volt, hopefully that has changed. The rear seat is only for small children, very, very small."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals