• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Drive it. Love it.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "$2 per day for 40 miles of gas free driving."

Cons: "none so far"

"This is really a car like no other. The future has arrived. The Volt is comfortable and fun to drive. It will take you 30 to 40 miles for $2 of electricity. I personally get up to 50 miles in EV mode without too much efforts. Driving it is like flying in a glider because it's so smooth and silent. But floor the gas pedal and whoosh, you'll be pushed to the back of your seat and you still won't hear the engine, or feel the transmission shifting gears. You have to drive it in Sport mode!!!! Cargo area is large enough to hold a whole week of groceries for a family of 4 and more. We have two kids who like having their own seats at the back. The Volt seats only 4, but everyone get his/her own seat. The Volt is the first car I buy that my wife actually want to drive. Once you factor in the tax credit and operating costs, the Volt is a bargain."

Love the Low, Prowling Look - and the Performance

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great performance, awesome technology"

Cons: "Zero, none, nadda."

"I've had my Volt now since January, 2011, and I still look forward to driving it. I've owned many wonderful cars, but the Volt is the best so far. It is quick off the line and has nice, tight handling. The technology and creature comforts are amazing. Overall, it even beats my prior BMW 540i Sport (which is saying a lot, no question). I drive all week without burning a drop of gas, and then take it on long road trips without worrying for a second (it burns gas at about 40 mpg on long trips). All in, my Volt's lifetime mileage is 77 mpg. As best we can tell there is essentially no change in our household electric bill. I'll never go back to owning a conventional gas-burner. Never."

Love it

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Much better than my 2004 and 2007 Prius The Prius like a tin can compared to volt Fun to drive haven't used any gas yet"

Best car I ever have

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

"I own a Prius 2007 with close to 150K and decided to go greener. My wife and I are not dissapointed, we just got it on her birthday (March 27) and drove mostly on every errand including her work. So far we have over 1,000 miles, with only 10 galons used due we were anxiuos to drive it, my wife loves its driving and I love my wallet. I anticipate to break-even in less than 100,000 miles (to save about $ 12K in gas vs. electrecity costs). If the car last to 200K or 250K I can anticipate to save enough to buy another electric w/o using much of middle east oil."

Really like not having to buy gas

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Gas bill way down, easy to drive, wife loves it"

Cons: "Wish up front cost was cheaper"

"So far, I have been getting 175 MPG. I charge up every night with the standard outlet charger (haven't upgraded to the level II charger yet which charges in just 4 hours) and am ready to go for 35 - 40 miles depending on the temperature and if I have to run the seat heaters or not. Drives well and will spoil you with how quiet it is; now when I have to drive my V8 truck I feel like I'm driving an army tank. My wife and I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else. We have noticed our electric bill has gone up between $20 - $30 per month, but the Onstar report estimates that we have saved a couple hundred gallons of gasoline already. If you do the math, $3.50/gallon multiplied by 250 gallons saved = $875 saved so far (well worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks a month for electricity). With this car, we just drive right by the gas stations and joke about how we can't remember the last time we had to put gas in the car. The "I thought those were electric" commercials are actually pretty true to life; people will come by and actually say that when we stop to get drinks or snacks at a gas station (or to use the potty)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals