• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best car I ever have

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

"I own a Prius 2007 with close to 150K and decided to go greener. My wife and I are not dissapointed, we just got it on her birthday (March 27) and drove mostly on every errand including her work. So far we have over 1,000 miles, with only 10 galons used due we were anxiuos to drive it, my wife loves its driving and I love my wallet. I anticipate to break-even in less than 100,000 miles (to save about $ 12K in gas vs. electrecity costs). If the car last to 200K or 250K I can anticipate to save enough to buy another electric w/o using much of middle east oil."

Really like not having to buy gas

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Gas bill way down, easy to drive, wife loves it"

Cons: "Wish up front cost was cheaper"

"So far, I have been getting 175 MPG. I charge up every night with the standard outlet charger (haven't upgraded to the level II charger yet which charges in just 4 hours) and am ready to go for 35 - 40 miles depending on the temperature and if I have to run the seat heaters or not. Drives well and will spoil you with how quiet it is; now when I have to drive my V8 truck I feel like I'm driving an army tank. My wife and I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else. We have noticed our electric bill has gone up between $20 - $30 per month, but the Onstar report estimates that we have saved a couple hundred gallons of gasoline already. If you do the math, $3.50/gallon multiplied by 250 gallons saved = $875 saved so far (well worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks a month for electricity). With this car, we just drive right by the gas stations and joke about how we can't remember the last time we had to put gas in the car. The "I thought those were electric" commercials are actually pretty true to life; people will come by and actually say that when we stop to get drinks or snacks at a gas station (or to use the potty)."

Great on gas, gives up nothing

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "great mileage, well finished, practical"

Cons: "Touch controls can be hard to see at dusk"

"I bought my Volt mainly for the promised gas mileage and am not disappointed but was also pleasantly surprised since it is a very practical and enjoyable vehicle to drive. It has great seats, an excellent sound system and is very quiet, not only in electric mode but also in gas-electric. The low center of gravity translates into excellent handling and the electric drive has lots and lots of torque. It keeps up with everything on the road. The hatchback design has lots of access and storage space. Oh yes, and mileage varies from 38-40 mpg in gas-electric mode to 150 mpg in combinations of electric (about 25 miles) and gas-electric. I use the provided charger (110v) which is fine for overnight charging. The overall range is about 350 miles. if you run out of electric charge on a long trip, just fill it up like a conventional drive vehicle."

Beats My Old BMW Hands Down

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Upscale, amazing mileage"

Cons: "Back Seat is small"

A Dream Come True

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Complete harmony of form and action"

Cons: "Only seats four"

"I've longed for an electric car as far back as I can remember. I bought a "hybrid" in 2005 - that experience belongs in another review - so I knew the Volt would be the RIGHT design for the future of automobiles. My first days with the Chevy Volt are proving it out. Quality is first rate. The smooth, quiet ride is a delight to drive. Control is effortless and predictable. Power onto a highway and experience electric's instant torque!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for