• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love my Car

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Superior Driving Experience; Very Well Made"

Cons: "None Yet"

"It's everything I was hoping for and More! The driving experience is so enjoyable I keep looking for errands to run and I took my first "Joy Ride" in over 10 plus years here in Chicago on Lake Shore Drive last night just for the heck of it. An ALL Electric Joy Ride of Course! I expect to fill up my tank once a year! Amazing!! I could never see going backwards to another ICE vehicle. What I love: 1. The car is very well made and is a technological marvel 2. I will go to the Gas station about ONCE A YEAR 3.100% USA Energy Sourced and I'm not held hostage by OPEC 4. It drives like a dream; acceleration from a dead stop has to be experienced to be believed 5. It makes me much less worried about our Energy Future- we have an answer already"

After 38 years of Driving ...The best I've Had

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Fun, 245 mpg, styling"

Cons: "No electric front seats, poor rear seat foot room."

Charging the Volt at Walgreens

"After over 10,000 miles I am getting 245 mpg. I live in the mountains and the car is great in the turns and the hills. I have owned Lexus and the quality is similar and better in a few areas. The car is fun to drive and feels like... "THE FUTURE"! I have no concerns about the quality, safety, drivability and technology and I have already recommended this car to many friends. I am an American, buying American, for what I think, are all the right reasons."

Charging the Volt at Walgreens

Unbelievable Car

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "Premium ride and fun to drive. Cheap to operate."

Cons: "User interface has some oddities"

"Our last two cars were a BMW 535xi and an Acura RL. This car is more fun to drive and far more satisfying than either of those vehicles, and they weren't bad by any means. The lack of NHV is amazing. On a well paved road it's like you're gliding on glass. It's also very responsive. No downshifting or searching for the right gear. One owner described it in traffic as "a squirting watermelon seed". Not technically fast, it's very quick off the line. BMWs usually disappear as small objects in the real view mirror, and hearing their engines screaming makes you smile. It's a small car but works OK for trips. We kept the RL thinking we'd need it for longer trips, but after a few months we found we never wanted to drive it and the Volt worked OK on trips, so we sold it. Very cheap to operate. With the time of day plan from the utility it costs $.01/mile for electricity as opposed to $.20/mile we were paying for the gas car. That's basically free. Gets good mileage when running on gas but only use gas on longer trips. So far I've only put 4 gallons in the tank (you use so little gas that you don't want to fill up because the gas can go stale). Maintenance is an oil change every two years."

American Innovation is BACK!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "No Gas needed-but can take on long trip if you do."

Cons: "4 seats, More public charging stations in Midwest."

"Finally American Engineering has developed a game changer. I am amazed this car is not selling out production capability. I imagine it won't be long until everybody catches on that this is the only way to go Political Views and Tree huggers aside. I myself am no Tree hugger, my other car's have V8's in them. However, this car is so much fun to drive compared to any of those cars. I love the fact I just continue to pass gas stations as I watch people sitting in line waiting to pay $3.60 gal. for gas. I will occasionally stop for petro for myself e.g., coffee or soda but I just pull up to the door. Now what need to happen is for Restaurants, Malls, Stores, Cinemas, etc need to get on board and start adding charging stations so we can charge our cars while out and about. My current rate is $.08 Kw and I am averaging about 4.5 miles per Kw which is equivalent to 202mpg!!!"

4000+ miles and only 19.8gallons of fuel used

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Solid feel when driving"

Cons: "EV gauge tops off at 50 miles"

"Love this car. At first I was hesitant about this car because I wanted a pure electric car. However, after a deal we couldn't turn down ($268/month for 36 months with only $999 down), we are glad we are leasing the vehicle. It is like owning an electric car and having a gas car in one vehicle. Plus, love that we get 53.6 miles per charge (not 35). Fantastic car! Driven over 4000 miles and have only used 19.8 gallons of fuel after 6 months of use. If our driving pattern doesn't change, we'll drive over 8000 miles on 39.6gallons of fuel every year."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals