• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Some major design concerns with this car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "is pretty and sporty--see above for other comments"

Cons: "price is too high for what is being sold"

"I bought this car-because in the electric car world the volt is the only one that does well on long distance. The battery lists as having 38 miles when i get in the car. I drive with no air and no radio on. I do have to have my headlights-it is dark. This morning my battery showed a drop of 3 miles in less than 2 blocks of driving. I had expected that this would be alot better. There is no way I get anywhere close to the 38. The gas is better than a regular car. Here is my issue with the design- If the car comes with so many extras--why in the world isn't there a separate power source for the extras (radio, air conditioning, lights). Please realize that this car-on sale is 40000--and I expected way more payback. Also--don't let the sales person fool you--that 110 charge--that they said would work in 8 hours--read the owners manual--is actually 10 hours. I had to give comfort a 1-- I live in texas and I don't consider air conditioning an extra."

Take that OPEC!!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "Freedom from big oil"

Cons: "4 seats, low air dam"

"So far 3127 miles on 10.7 gallons. Drives like a charm. Smooth and quite. I have solar. So now I drive for free. Enough for our family of 4 but that 5th seat is missed when grand parents visit."

Drive it. Love it.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "$2 per day for 40 miles of gas free driving."

Cons: "none so far"

"This is really a car like no other. The future has arrived. The Volt is comfortable and fun to drive. It will take you 30 to 40 miles for $2 of electricity. I personally get up to 50 miles in EV mode without too much efforts. Driving it is like flying in a glider because it's so smooth and silent. But floor the gas pedal and whoosh, you'll be pushed to the back of your seat and you still won't hear the engine, or feel the transmission shifting gears. You have to drive it in Sport mode!!!! Cargo area is large enough to hold a whole week of groceries for a family of 4 and more. We have two kids who like having their own seats at the back. The Volt seats only 4, but everyone get his/her own seat. The Volt is the first car I buy that my wife actually want to drive. Once you factor in the tax credit and operating costs, the Volt is a bargain."

Love the Low, Prowling Look - and the Performance

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great performance, awesome technology"

Cons: "Zero, none, nadda."

"I've had my Volt now since January, 2011, and I still look forward to driving it. I've owned many wonderful cars, but the Volt is the best so far. It is quick off the line and has nice, tight handling. The technology and creature comforts are amazing. Overall, it even beats my prior BMW 540i Sport (which is saying a lot, no question). I drive all week without burning a drop of gas, and then take it on long road trips without worrying for a second (it burns gas at about 40 mpg on long trips). All in, my Volt's lifetime mileage is 77 mpg. As best we can tell there is essentially no change in our household electric bill. I'll never go back to owning a conventional gas-burner. Never."

Love it

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Much better than my 2004 and 2007 Prius The Prius like a tin can compared to volt Fun to drive haven't used any gas yet"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for