• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

American Innovation is BACK!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "No Gas needed-but can take on long trip if you do."

Cons: "4 seats, More public charging stations in Midwest."

"Finally American Engineering has developed a game changer. I am amazed this car is not selling out production capability. I imagine it won't be long until everybody catches on that this is the only way to go Political Views and Tree huggers aside. I myself am no Tree hugger, my other car's have V8's in them. However, this car is so much fun to drive compared to any of those cars. I love the fact I just continue to pass gas stations as I watch people sitting in line waiting to pay $3.60 gal. for gas. I will occasionally stop for petro for myself e.g., coffee or soda but I just pull up to the door. Now what need to happen is for Restaurants, Malls, Stores, Cinemas, etc need to get on board and start adding charging stations so we can charge our cars while out and about. My current rate is $.08 Kw and I am averaging about 4.5 miles per Kw which is equivalent to 202mpg!!!"

4000+ miles and only 19.8gallons of fuel used

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Solid feel when driving"

Cons: "EV gauge tops off at 50 miles"

"Love this car. At first I was hesitant about this car because I wanted a pure electric car. However, after a deal we couldn't turn down ($268/month for 36 months with only $999 down), we are glad we are leasing the vehicle. It is like owning an electric car and having a gas car in one vehicle. Plus, love that we get 53.6 miles per charge (not 35). Fantastic car! Driven over 4000 miles and have only used 19.8 gallons of fuel after 6 months of use. If our driving pattern doesn't change, we'll drive over 8000 miles on 39.6gallons of fuel every year."

Wonderful car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Awesome drive. Cheap to run."

Cons: "Rear seat room limited. Backup camera quality low."

"The electric car with gasoline backup concept intrigued me. I gave it a test drive and was hooked. Driving electric is addictive. Quiet and smooth and responsive. If you are at all interested, do yourself a favor and give it a test drive. I upgraded from a 2008 Prius. I liked the Prius, but I love my Volt. I am getting about 45 miles per charge and complete about 90% of my driving in electric. The gas engine gets about 40 mpg, which not as good as the Prius, is still better than most cars out there. I got a free 240 volt charger which was available where I live. It cost me a little over $17 in electricity for the month of July to go 553 miles and I used less than half a gallon of gasoline for what I couldn't do electric. The touch sensitive center stack takes a little getting used to and the backup camera is not the best quality, and the room in the rear seats is a little limited, but other than those minor issues, I have only good things to say about the Volt. People complain about the cost. It isn't the cheapest car, but after tax credits and factoring in savings on gas and maintenence, I find the car to be a great value. Prices will come down in the future as batteries get cheaper to manufacture."

Best purchase decision in a long time.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "looks, technology, performance and economy"

Cons: "Could have more leg room for tall drivers."

"I traded in a 400hp Jaguar convertible for my new Chevy Volt. The dealership I worked with was more a Corvette than Volt dealer and there were some strange looks sent my way based upon the trade vehicle. After a month with the Volt, I can say that I have absolutely no regrets and, the car has 100% lived up to the promise. My 2012 Volt has the Low Emissions package and so I am eligible for rebates and tax credits totaling $9K. In addition, I just received HOV lane stickers and am now able to save from minutes to hours per day in commute time driving. All that plus it is fun to drive and I'm averaging over 60mpg with less than 40% of my miles as EV miles. In Sport Mode the torque of this vehicle is nearly exhilarating and that comment is from someone former supercharged Jaguar owner. All I can say is this is nearly a perfect car for me. I'm 6'5" and the leg room is a little cramped for me but then, I'm used to that with all medium to smaller model cars. In terms of looks, technology, performance and economy the Volt is the car to beat. A friend bought a Prius Plug-in Hybrid just prior to my Volt purchase ... he is very jealous and "if he had a do-over he would have a Volt in his garage"."

Haven't been to a gas station in almost 2 months

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Domestic energy, and in CA = 26% renewable"

Cons: "small glove cmptmt, low air dam, small sun visors"

"-great handling -quiet, smooth acceleration -very good suspension -OnStar RemoteLink app very good for tracking data re: EV miles, total miles, lifetime and per charge MPG, charge time, battery life, oil life, gas remaining, tire pressure; good Turn-by-Turn navigation instructions sent directly to center console -comfortable seating; perforated leather is nice touch re: breathability -only used gas generator mode a few times, but still easily get 40 MPG in this mode; has quiet, smooth transition -good touchscreen LED center console display, allows touchscreen control for most console apps like climate -hatchback rear holds more than you'd imagine -plugging in to charge car at night is amazingly easy/convenient -installed 240V charge station in garage = <3 hr charge (rarely drive more than 30 miles/day) -keyless entry and engine start is great--no more digging keys out of purse/pocket -MyLink is convenient re: bluetooth streaming Pandora/Stitcher/iPod -XM satellite radio a plus but not necessary -owned 2 toyota corolla's and a honda cr-v before this, and Volt is much more fun and comfortable to drive; also more comfortable/quiet with better handling than spouse's nissan altima (whose brake/gas pedals are overly sensitive, leading to jerky driving)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals