• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Blown away, truly a breakthrough car.

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Amazing electric drive, US technology leadership"

Cons: "Gas anxiety - fear of using gas"

New Volt!

"When Chevrolet started the Volt program in 2006 they were inspired by the iPhone and named the program iCar. I've followed the Volt since GM first announced it, love the electric technology and earlier this year the great lease deal was enough to get me out on a test drive. One drive of the unbelievably smooth and quiet electric drivetrain was amazing and I was sold. It's beyond luxury to drive with great torque and no noise. The other big reason I'm a huge fan of this car is the practical path to reducing US dependence on oil. All electric cars are great but not very practical with such limited range. The Volt has an onboard gas generator that kicks on once you go past 40 miles or so. 98% of my first 1400 miles has been on electric with normal daily driving. It's not an issue if we need to go somewhere farther away, I still have 3/4 of the tank of gas that came with the car. The electronic controls are innovative with everything working on touch screen and touch surfaces. The fit and finish of the Volt is terrific. Lot's of chatter complaining about the price, but this is a technological breakthrough and the overall driving experience is easily in the $40k class. I also considered Audi A4 and BMW 328 but they're stuck in the past with gas engines, noise and they're not US engineered. Lots of people dismissed the the iPhone as a toy until they tried it. The Volt is the same sort of advancement in technology so I think they really have created the iCar."

New Volt!

Technological marvel-best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Extremely economical, exiciting to drive !!"

Cons: "No rear windshield wiper-inadequate side sun visor"

"Volt is an exciting car-surprises every day. Just an unbelievable piece of engineering. This is a car you look for an excuse to drive. At any speed, it just goes about its business gliding quietly and smoothly along the highway. For the past 6 1/2 months, our Volt has returned between 50-56 miles per charge(much more than the 35 advertised, and the gas generator has averaged 48.3 MPG(more than the 37 MPG EPA rating). In short, can't say enough about this car-cost of operation is next to nothing in electric mode and have not been to a gas station in 6 1/2 months over 4000 miles of driving. And it's assembled in America, by american workers and propelled by american generated electricity."

Extremely quiet, efficient, stylish, fun to drive

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Efficient, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "Would like car nearer Malibu size"

"The Volt is a great car to drive and is not merely an econobox that gets good mileage. My cost is averaging 2 cents per mile while using the cars electric battery charge. With gasoline at $3.50 per gallon ,that amounts to a cost equivalent 175 MPG while using the battery charge. Mileage utilizing the gas electric generator has been over 40 MPG although the gasoline engine has only been used 4 times on trips of 500 miles, 60 miles and 140 miles . My mileage average combining battery electric and and gasoline electric miles driven to date is over 150 MPG. The car drives smooth as glass and has plenty of power. Its zippy especially in urban traffic. On the highway the power is equal to the typical sedan. Handling and ride is excellent. The low center of gravity and the battery's weight gives the car a very solid feel. Have the car on a 2 year lease and plan to purchase a new next generation model when the lease is up. Will extend the lease if necessary should the next gen model be introduced after current 2 year lease term which runs to September 2014. Hopefully the 2015 model will be introduced by then. GM will have a battery with twice the range of the current model in 2015."

From an Acura TL to a Volt best car decision ever

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Design, Looks, Efficiency"

Cons: "No Stage 3 charging,onboard 3.3kw charger max"

"We were driving a 2005 acura tl (66000 miles)with all the bells and whistles and traded that in for the Volt. It has saved us at least $200 a month in gas. My wife commutes about 8-20 miles a day. I have only used .1 gal of gas in 45 days of owning the car. The only thing I would like to see is a single charger 110v(stage 1) and 240v(stage 2) all in one. We can only charge at 3.3kw anyway this would be easy to do and not cost that much more. (Ask tesla). Please VOLT PEOPLE ASK FOR THE CAR TO ACCEPT STAGE 3 charging also. Thanks."

"Best" car in 30 cars that I have owned!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Not getting dinged every week for $50 for gas"

Cons: "Ordinary handling but what do you expect?"

"My wife and I get new cars about every 3 years so between us, we are trading something in about every 18 months. I have alternated between German (great driving characteristics and feel) and Japanese (great reliability). BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Nissan, Acura...I have had them all but eventually, I just got tired of going to the gas station and between us, paying about $450 a month in gas (I am sure I am not alone). This is the first American made car that I have owned (lease in this case) in my 30 years of driving. If you have realistic expectations and are looking at this car for fuel economy or to save the world, you should look at this vehicle. Since the last time I filled the car with gas, I have driven 1300 miles on one gallon of gas. It is important to ensure that your driving habits fit well with the car. I suggest that this may be the case if you drive between 25-40 miles per day. I get 43-44 miles on a charge in sunny Florida so I almost never use gas! I save over $200 in gas and with my average of 30 miles per day, I use an average of only $30 a month in electricity. Do NOT buy this car if you like a spirited driving experience. It is MUCH better than a Prius as far as that goes (Sport Mode is nice) but it is nothing like a BMW. That being said, I knew that going in. This gets a 10 in my book because I LOVE plugging my car in and not going to the gas station...I just got to the point where I got a little ticked off every time I went to the gas station...anyone else?? By the way, the icing on the cake is that the lease deal was amazing. I got a $42,000 car for $900 total at signing and $306 a month including tax. 36 months and 12,000 miles per year. That is like a lease deal on a $24,000 car. I don't know where the technology was going so I did not have much interest in purchasing the car and getting the tax credit...this car may hold its value (as the residual value on the lease would suggest) or may be worth diddly after 3 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals