• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $41,000 to $33,500. Some states offer additional purchase incentives that can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. You can find more incentive information at fueleconomy.gov and pluginamerica.com.

2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

From an Acura TL to a Volt best car decision ever

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Design, Looks, Efficiency"

Cons: "No Stage 3 charging,onboard 3.3kw charger max"

"We were driving a 2005 acura tl (66000 miles)with all the bells and whistles and traded that in for the Volt. It has saved us at least $200 a month in gas. My wife commutes about 8-20 miles a day. I have only used .1 gal of gas in 45 days of owning the car. The only thing I would like to see is a single charger 110v(stage 1) and 240v(stage 2) all in one. We can only charge at 3.3kw anyway this would be easy to do and not cost that much more. (Ask tesla). Please VOLT PEOPLE ASK FOR THE CAR TO ACCEPT STAGE 3 charging also. Thanks."

"Best" car in 30 cars that I have owned!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Not getting dinged every week for $50 for gas"

Cons: "Ordinary handling but what do you expect?"

"My wife and I get new cars about every 3 years so between us, we are trading something in about every 18 months. I have alternated between German (great driving characteristics and feel) and Japanese (great reliability). BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Nissan, Acura...I have had them all but eventually, I just got tired of going to the gas station and between us, paying about $450 a month in gas (I am sure I am not alone). This is the first American made car that I have owned (lease in this case) in my 30 years of driving. If you have realistic expectations and are looking at this car for fuel economy or to save the world, you should look at this vehicle. Since the last time I filled the car with gas, I have driven 1300 miles on one gallon of gas. It is important to ensure that your driving habits fit well with the car. I suggest that this may be the case if you drive between 25-40 miles per day. I get 43-44 miles on a charge in sunny Florida so I almost never use gas! I save over $200 in gas and with my average of 30 miles per day, I use an average of only $30 a month in electricity. Do NOT buy this car if you like a spirited driving experience. It is MUCH better than a Prius as far as that goes (Sport Mode is nice) but it is nothing like a BMW. That being said, I knew that going in. This gets a 10 in my book because I LOVE plugging my car in and not going to the gas station...I just got to the point where I got a little ticked off every time I went to the gas station...anyone else?? By the way, the icing on the cake is that the lease deal was amazing. I got a $42,000 car for $900 total at signing and $306 a month including tax. 36 months and 12,000 miles per year. That is like a lease deal on a $24,000 car. I don't know where the technology was going so I did not have much interest in purchasing the car and getting the tax credit...this car may hold its value (as the residual value on the lease would suggest) or may be worth diddly after 3 years."

Wow!

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Chevrolet Volt it's actually better than an el"

Cons: "small back seats"

"I love the car. Plug it in at night, fill the electric battery for 50 cents, then drive 40 miles to and from work on 50 cents of power. Smooth, quiet, comfortable. Bose radio sounds great. Built in navigation system is very good. Well built. Engineering marvel. If the car runs out of power, the built in gas powered electric generator kicks in and I just keep on trucking. Like all electric vehicles, when you stop at a light, if the gas generator is running, it turns off and you sit in complete silence. Good performance. It out performs any Prius in so many ways. Only short coming? Small back seats. But, for me, max I have is two front set occupants. And, the front leg room is great for someone like me at 6'2". And have you seen the top rating for crash protection? The best."

I have owned 19 cars and this is the best ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Only used 5.1 gallons in 2661 miles!"

Cons: "It's perfect nothing bothers me!"

"I have been a car nut my whole life owning a 2008 CTS, 2006 BMW 3 soft top, 2006 Ford Mustang GT to name a few. Right now I own my 2012 Volt and a 1965 Corvette Convertable and if I had to pick one it would be the 2012 Volt!. The price after tax credits came to $29,500 about $3,000 more then a Cruze, making my pay back less then 3 years. I live in Colorado so it cost about $.70 cents per day to charge because our rate is only $.o45 cents per KW (I get about 65 miles per day in electric only driving because I start with 44 miles on average and can get about 4 miles per hour on 120v, I was going to get the 240v charger but didn't see a need yet. I save about 3 gallons of gas (22 mpg city) I average 65 miles a day. Gas costs about 3.72 a gallon costing $11.16 and my electricity cost about $.70 cents saving me $10.46! If I use my car 28 days per month I am saving $292.88 a month or $3514.56 a year so over 3 years $10543.68. If I really cut it to the bone a Volts net cost is $29500 and a good price on a fully equipped Cruze is $25900,00 in Colorado. If you look at these numbers it only takes about a year to be equal. So far I have gone 2661 miles and my gas usage is at 5.1 ($18.97) total gas cost. The one money saving issue that will also save me is brakes and oil changes. If all the owners are telling the truth the brakes are lasting a very long time due to the regebitive braking plus oil changes that may come out to one every year or two. If I am missing something so far I can't figure it out. If I keep it 6 years my saving come to $21087.36 plus maintenance savings what car will cost you $8412.64 over the life of the loan and if you keep it 9 years it is cost neutral . So now we come to the driving dynamics, the car drives as good if not better than 90 percent of my past cars. It seats four people more then enough for my needs and it's almost the size of a midsize allowing everyone to be comfortable. I would like a sunroof but not having power seats isn't a big deal. The leather is soft and the black and white seats are a nice touch like an iPad car. The pickup is great and even better in sport mode the only change I would make is a lockout for either gas or electric something that they are adding for 2013 but since it is software why not add it to all the existing cars. I dove it on a extended ride and averaged about 37 miles per gallon on the highway not bad compared to all the 40mpg cars that barley get that in real life. I can't really complain about this car the fit and finish is great and so far it has been perfect and I think it will remain that way. GM made sure this car was as quoted and from the other people rating this car it is providing them perfection."

I love this car!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Everything, fun, looks good, tons of features"

Cons: "Reverse light not very bright, no power seat"

"I leased my 2012 Volt about a month ago and have been thrilled with it so far. I am able to get about 50 miles pretty consistently on a charge (driving conservatively which is kind of a fun challenge). I have had many premium brand luxury vehicles and I would prefer to have this car. It is awesome to think about how little it costs me to drive every day. I live in IL and am on the Real Time Pricing so my costs for electricity are extremely low. I have been such an advocate for this car that I have a friend that has already purchased a Volt too. This is a unique, fun to drive, vehicle that not only looks good, but performs great! This vehicle is a game changer. I know that it is pretty expensive, but it is really well worth the price. I cannot wait till more people adopt this technology and we start to see more public charging stations all around. In fact it would be pretty cool to see some gas stations begin to adopt electric charging stations."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals