2002 Chevrolet Venture Cargo

7.6

Based on 581 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

MONEY PIT!!!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"The problems started at 8K miles with a check engine light - fouled fuel injectors. Then I had moisture in the headlights. Dealer drilled a hole in the housing (brilliant). Headlamps eventually had to be relaced because of the typical clouding of the lens. - $200. Then at 39K miles another check engine light - O2 sensors AND the dealer just HAPPENED to notice the intake manifold gasket was leaking coolant way in the back of the engine. What they didn't tell me was this is a COMMON problem with these 3.4L engines (happens on almost all of them) and I was out of warranty by 3K miles. And my induction system needed cleaning (at 39K miles!) - $1,500. Then, another common GM problem that you'd think they would've fixed by now - the rear brake cylinders leaked and had to be replaced and the drums resufaced - $300. Next, no AC. Leaking condenser - $550. Next, after a progressively louder noise got so bad I could take it, guess what? Bad wheel bearing. But you can't just replace the bearing on this car like it is on most normal cars. You have to replace the entire hub ($135). The halfshaft also had to be replaced along with a tie rod, alignment, etc. - $652. Did I mention about the brake lights? Both sides kept blowing lamps left and right. The lamp got so hot it melted the plastic socket. After cleaning out the melted plastic about 6 different times I finally fixed it for good with a piece of aluminum foil to act as an extra heatsink - no charge but it would've been several hundred to replace the taillight assemblies. Then my wife is left stranded with a van that won't start. After a tow, bad starter relay - $110. Then the final straw! My wife is left stranded again with an overheated van. The shop says the cause of the overheat is unknown but the head gasket blew and now I'm looking at $1,700 in repairs. I arranged a trade with a dealer for a used Honda Odyssey and all I'm getting for the Chevy is enough to cover the repair and what I owe on it. GOOD RIDDANCE!"

One of the most relaible vehicles I have ever owne

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "It handled, plenty power, great gas mileage."

Cons: "The seats could be hard to remove and install."

"My 1999 Venture had 217,000 miles on it when it meant it's demise as a result of an accident and the insurance company totaled it. It was one of the most reliable vehicles that I have ever owned. If General Motors still made them I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, aereodynamic and exceptionable"

Cons: "blinker lights go out easily"

"I have had two Ventures: 1998 and this remaining Venture 2004. Both, by far, have been the best cars we've ever had. We were sick to learn of them being discontinued. Gas mileage is amazing and the vehicle is almost maintenance free. Reliable, sleek, dependable - love this car."

Great van

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "front cup holders stink, plastic got brittle"

"I have owned this van for six years, it runs like new, and has never had a break down, but I do maintain it. I am sad to let it go, but needed a wheel chair lift van, so had to replace it. I truly recommend this van."

GREAT VAN ONLY WISH IT WAS STILL PRODUCE

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great family van"

Cons: "Poor quality motor blocks,need steel motor blocks"

"I bought this van in 2004. At time I needed a big car to hall a growing family. While I bought this used, which I wish hadn't because this type of van was known for the the engines to fail or go out at 150,000 miles. Depsite replacing the motor, this had been a great family van. If Chevy was going to reintroduce a van, I buy again, but not used."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Venture Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals