1998 Chevrolet Venture Cargo

7.5

Based on 584 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

Good, reliable minivan

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pros: "Good fuel mileage, lots of space inside"

Cons: "No keyless entry, CD player won't handle MP3's"

"I bought this car used about 2 1/2 yrs ago with 48K miles. It's the LS entry-level model. Quite comfortable on long trips, and gets good fuel mileage, about 25mpg on trips, 21-22mpg during everyday use. I wish it had keyless entry, but this is the low $$ model, so no joy there! Very roomy, never seems to fill up when hauling "stuff". I'm pleased with the power train. The transmission always seems to be in the right gear for the conditions. Never burns oil, and the oil seems to stay really clean. Too bad it's not made anymore, it was replaced by the Uplander model the following year."

My best friend.

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

"I have never gotten stranded in this vehicle. It also holds all 6 of my grandchildren in comfort. I can do yard sale drive bys with no problem either. And for the size, the gas mileage is decent. People still think it's a lot newer than it is because the style is so classy."

2004 Venture

By on Sunday, May 25, 2008

"I have owned my 04 Venture for a few years now and it has proven to be a reliable vehicle. Mine is loaded with leather seats and it drives just like a car. My only complaints are sometimes wind noise comes from the roof rack and there is a rattling sound from the rear of the van. Sometimes my rear brakes will "grab", but that's only if the van has sat up for awhile without being driven. For all of the people who have complained about the intake gasket problem, that was a problem on the 97-03 models only. The '04 and '05 models have better designed gaskets."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Bought my 2001 Warner Bros. Edition Venture new in Summer 2002. Had brake problems at about 20,000 miles. My mechanic was working on brakes as master cylinder was bad and found that the spindles were broken. After taking to Chevy dealer was told my mechanic must have broken them and it was now not covered under warranty. At about 55,000 miles had to have transmission replaced. Now at 75,00 miles had to have radiator and intake manifold gasket replaced. Van is very versatile with folding and removal individual bucket seats. Kids really enjoy the entertainment system(VCR). Too bad the vehicle was not more dependable."

Blown Head Gasket at 81,000

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"With only 81,000 miles on our van, we had to replace the oxygen sensor, fuel tank sensor, air conditioner compressor, thermostat, water pump, and eventually the head gasket. How disappointing!!! How come GM can make a pick-up truck that lasts 200,000 miles, but doesn't put the quality in its smaller vehicles that other manufacturers do? UGH!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Venture Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals