2006 Chevrolet Uplander Cargo

6.2

Based on 417 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

6.5/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10
    7.1/10
    7.1/10

Don't buy

By on Friday, April 04, 2008

"We have had this 2006 mini van for 2 years now and it has been a headache, Had a used chrysler town and country and it was not in the shop as many times. We thought we were getting a good deal for the money and thank goodness we purchased the extended warranty otherwise we would be in bigger trouble. Has 41,00 miles on it stalls when turning over however they say there is nothing wrong with it, power outlet has blown 2-3 times, passenger slider rubber molding got tangled and door was near impossible to close in winter of all times, mold trim paint on slider doors has already rusted, needs to have it's brakes done again for the 4th time, steering column needed replaced as well as the front wheel bearings, cup holder in the front has broken twice, horn sensor was bad and seats stain way to easy even with water. My sister has a honda odyssey and just replaced her first set of brakes at 76,000 miles.!!!! We have looked into trading it however appears to have a very low trade in value and would not cover what we still owe. Has not made may feel very comfortable with chevy. Would not recommend it again and would love to trade it if we could."

LEMONNNNNNNNNNNN

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"DONT BUY THIS VEHICLE. I'VE HAD EVERY THING FROM EXHAUST MANIFOLD PROBLEMS TO THE POWER DOOR OPENING WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT.......NOW I HAVE A $ 4800 TRANSMISSION PROBLEM. IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU,,,,LEAVE IT AT THE DEALER......"

Great minivan

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Good value, good ride. Plenty of power to pass and merge. No real serious mechanical issues had wheel bearing go out twice and an ABS sensor came unplugged but cant complain it was under warranty and was fixed no problems. These problems may have been due to living on gravel roads and 2 feet of snow and ice. Only complaint is a lack of storage in the back, the floor is not as deep as some vans due to spare tire being stored under vehicle."

Mostly good, but lots of little things

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"We bought one new, loaded with everything but the tow package. We needed space for 5 and at the time it was either a large SUV or this van. I didn't really like the previous model, the Venture, but the Uplander looked really nice. This is the second time we've bought a model during it's first year. I said it before and I promise I mean it this time, but I will never buy a vehicle in it's first year. Our major problem was that we had the "old" 3-year/36K mile warranty. Seems like everything on this vehicle started wearing out and breaking just after that. If we'd had a longer warranty then I probably would grade this vehicle much higher than I have. Paying out of pocket to have all these little things fixed sours my outlook on it. Mechanically the van has been great - never had a problem. Gas mileage is great for a vehicle its size. Comfort is really good, too. Kids love the 2nd row captain's chairs, leather, and definitely the DVD system. This is a great vehicle for long trips. Now for the bad - it's a big vehicle, must be too big for the brakes because it runs through brakes like crazy. Pads probably need changed every 15-20K miles. Front end links were shot after 50K miles. It is kind of noisy - you hear a lot of road and wind noise. Rear wiper motor went out after about 2 years - seems to be a common problem. Unlike a lot of others, we have not had any issues with the automatic doors - they work fine. Our biggest issue has been random electrical gremlins. I've learned to live with them but my wife complains about them nearly every day! Radio controls on the steering wheel don't always work. You push volume up/down and the station changes. You push to change the station and the band changes. Weird stuff - it only seems to happen for 10 minutes or so after the car is started (doesn't matter if hot or cold weather) but after that it straightens out. Other electrical problems include the heated seats. Seems as time has gone on they don't work as well. And now the driver's seat only stays on a few minutes and then turns off. If we didn't need to use this vehicle for daily driving then I might consider holding onto it. It would definitely be a vehicle worth using just for longer trips. Definitely comfortable for 4-5 adults, 6 is pushing it. Easy fit for 2 adults and 3-4 kids plus still room left for some luggage. Ours is getting ready to be paid off and we'll need another daily driver. I'd like something a little more reliable and we'll probably go a little smaller - maybe a mini-SUV. I'm glad the value has stabilized a bit - I'm hoping and looking forward to getting a decent trade-in for it."

Uplander

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"This van has been excellent for me. I was on a road trip last summer and got 26 miles a gallon. City mile average is 23. Can't get much better in a large van. Very dependable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Uplander Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals