2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,999 - $35,031.

10/8.0

8.4

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

very nice car and drives smooth and handles well.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Very well made and Bose system is a plus"

Cons: "Can't see sides or back w/o rear camera."

"The only problem with this car are the rear side windows. You cannot see behind you or beside you unless you use your side view mirrors and have a rear vision camera. The car is very big and needs a big parking space. Other than that it is a great car!"

I LOVE!!!!

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

"I wasn't that excited about test driving this thing since I really liked the Acadia and Explorer so much. But once I sat in it and drove it, it doesn't even compare. The kids have everything they need, I have all the upgrades that make all my running around (with 3 kids) so much easier. I commute 2 hrs 1 way to work and am happy to do it in this. I'm used to driving a small fast car or my silverado. This is a great in between!!!! There are two things I don't like... MPG (average for crossover and SUV) but still disapointed, and 2 is how hard it is to keep clean. I did the specia red colorjewel something... and its so hard to keep clean. But love the vbalue of the traverse. I was able to get all my features (BT, back up camera, gps, bucket seats, sun roofs, bose system, and more) all with out having to get leather seats. All other crossover/suv's made me get leather seats to get most of these features... I live in TX and did not want leather seats."

I love the vehicle. But has defroster issues

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

"I bought the vehicle in the summer. If I would have bought during the winter this would not have been a vehicle I would have purchased. The design of the defroster is a major issue. It is in the center of the dash and is very difficult for it to reach the drivers or passenger side of the vehicle. On most icy days I have to scrape the ice.I have taken the vehicle to service several times for this concern thinking there was an issue . Upon the completion of the service , each time the service department reported that this was the design of thr defroster. Other than this major defrost issue I love the vehicle. My sister sold her 2010 Traverse for the same reason after one winter season."

Love the way this car drives

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Great leg room and cargo space, powerful engine"

Cons: "Second row seating should recline more for long trips"

"This is the first car I ever researched and said "it will be mine". Almost a year later, I am completely happy with my purchase. Yes, I wish it got a tad better gas mileage, but I can live with it. The gas mileage is true to advertised. The one thing I wish I could change however is the second row seating. It would be nice if those seats reclined more for long trips. I do a lot of driving for my parents. It is easy for them to get in and out of the second row while the teens are just fine in the third row. There is no shortage of leg room in this car. Everyone comments on how smooth my car rides. The engine is also very quiet. Plenty of cargo space in the back for the kid's band instruments when it's my turn to drive carpool."

Love it!!!

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"We bought this new in 2009 and I have loved it since I first saw it. It drives well and is comfortable and roomy. Once I learned how to use the mirrors to see in the blind spots, I haven't had a problem. Love it, love it, love it!"

Starting to have some trouble at 68000 miles

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Cons: "NO arm rests standard or optionaler"

"This has been a great vehicle - except for the fact I'm short and not too big. This means I can't reach either the door handle or center console for an arm rest while sitting in the seat. The car drives great and I like being up high. I've had timing chains, gas intake valve and now "1 spark plug, coil and intake gasket issue" as 1 "maintenance problem." Recalls on the first two but the last is a maintenance issue? So much for the 100,000 drive train warranty when I have 32,000 to go on the warranty."

Great Car but disappointing

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "drives and rides well lots of room, good value"

Cons: "reliability, hard to get promised gas milage"

"We have liked this car but in the last year been very disappointed. GM had to rebuild both the engine and transmission (GM paid but we got the car stuck in another state while they did). I called GM and asked them what we should do about the car (we wanted to keep it but are worried when we have to pay ourselves)and their answer was an offer to help me make an appointment for repair. (by the way the GM call in number and email is staffed poorly - i.e. don't waste your time). Sorry to say as much as we originally liked car and this is probably my 20th GM vehicle this one disappointed us."

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Utility, comfort, power, reliabilty."

Cons: "No Cons!"

"I have a 2012 with 38000 on it. It is comfortable, quiet, roomy, and pulls my Glastron MX185 Inboard/Outdrive with ease. Gas mileage runs between 18 at worst (in town) to nearly 24 on the highway. I will be buying a 2014 soon."

Love my Traverse!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "Runs smooth and is spacious"

Cons: "only gets 16 mpg"

"I love my Traverse, It is a great vehicle and if I have to buy another vehicle it will definitely be another Traverse. Runs so smooth and is spacious inside."

I LOVE my Traverse....

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Lots of storage, drives great, perfect size"

Love my Traverse

"Hands down the best vehicle. I've got a fully loaded LTZ and with two kids, I couldn't have picked a better family vehicle. It's just the right size. It towes a boat. I can put the third row seating down and pack the back full. I can throw a dvd in and keep the kids entertained. The driving is EXCELLENT. It has EVERYTHING I could possibly want in a vehicle, and it's got a 5 star crash rating. LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT"

Love my Traverse

GM could get it perfect with so little more!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "See review"

Cons: "See review"

"Greats: handling, stable, silent, powerful, incredible ride for the size, exterior design, interior space, OnStar services, feels safe, good brakes, best priced 7-seater of its type (LS trim), overall best family vehicle we've had. OK's: gas mileage, interior overall ergonomics and interior finishing materials. Needs improvement: uncomfortable seats for long trips, second row mechanism to access third row seats is a bit awkward, seat belt receptacles on rear seats are rigid and stick up, making them uncomfortable and even painful (they dig into passenger's buttocks) for passengers of certain sizes. I have to warn new passengers to watch out for them, and ask only children or small individuals to seat in the middle positions."

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Bought this SUV Oct 2010. Room of a SUV and drives and handles like a car. I have a son who is 6 ft tall and he has more than enough leg room in the second and third rows. Great accelaration and very quiet ride. Love this car!!!"

Better than any full size SUV

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"I've owned a top of the line Ford EXP Eddie Bauer and I love my Traverse. It has the people room, comfort and a lot of cargo space for our 5 person family (with friends). The main criteria when we went looking for a new vehicle was not just seating capacity, but comfortable seating for my 15 yr old 5'10" and growing son. He fits behind his 6'1" mother with the seat all the way back. I also like the height of the vehicle. We only wanted a base model but with the towing package for my wave-runner. The "base model" have almost everything that I paid extra for in my EXP in 2002 brand new. I miss the powerseat for the passenger. The only annoying feature if the location of the reclining handle for the front passenger. I love that the 2nd seats (20/80) recline as well. Plus the mileage!!!!!"

Competitive Crossover

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"comfortable, strong car overall, feels safe, good pick up and easy driving. The gas mileage performance is not as advertised, head rest is off kitler to the rest of the seat(s), but chevy say it is better for protection."

Great ride

By on Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 1 month. Checked out all the others. This one has not disappointed. The storage room is almost the same as the short bed pick up I traded in. Super deal with all the rebates. Ride could not get any better. The premium sound and XM radio are the best I have ever had. Can not comment on reliability, to short a time, but I have a corvette, a Impala and the Traverse, no problems. The pick-up I traded was a Silverado, no problems. My wife said it is the best we have had."

best car I ever had

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Absolutely love it no problems whatsoever fun to drive very comfortable and reliable"

leasing

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Safe. Comfortable. Quiet. Nice ride height. Smooth"

"So far so good but then again it only has under 2000 miles on it. I've had it 2 months. I'm leasing this because I just get tired of a car at about 3 yrs time. I have a 16 yr old Lincoln Town Car for cruising and this Traverse for reliability. Made it's first more intense that usual winter with no problem in the snow and it's not 4 wheel drive either. Very comfortable to drive. Safe comfortable interior. Very quiet. Smooth. It does use some gas, but I knew that before I got it."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Love the look inside and out."

"My family and I are happy with the purchase. Fun, reliable, and can't wait for our first road trip in it."

Great family vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Lost of space"

Cons: "17-18 mpg"

"We got this in 2010. We have 2 kids. This was a great buy. Vehicle comfortly seats 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids, and that's not with the 3rd row up. Add that and two more kids fit ealy, not so much for adults. Cargo area is big, with 3rd seat down - not much with it up. Hanldes great as this is my 1st FWD. No mechanicle issues so far and at 89K miles. The only negative I think is the 17-18 mpg, wish it did better."

Superior in Comfort

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable ride."

Cons: "Need to increase mileage performance."

"Of all the vehicles I have own, the Traverse has top them all in comfort, leg room, smooth ride, quietness and features. There is only one complaint which is miles per gallon. If or when Chevrolet decides to make a hybrid that increases the mileage, only then would the Traverse be the perfect crossover vehicle."

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Has a lot of power. All wheel drive is nice."

Cons: "The rear end design is a bit different."

This is when the car was still at the dealership. Love it!!!

"This vehicle is the best we've ever owned. Our Uplander was replaced by this work of art. Chevy definitely got it right this time. We love the features.Especially the heated mirrors. Also, the rear parking assist has helped me a lot. Our Traverse came with heated seats wich are great!!! THe all wheel drive is great since we get snow."

This is when the car was still at the dealership. Love it!!!

Great Price, fun to drive, lots of room.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"I've had this truck for almost 4 years now. It still drives and handles great. There is lots of room and great for long road trips with the family. Gas millege is a big plus espically with the size and wieght of the truck. The only issue we had was the water pump went out on us but other than that not a single issue."

Wonderful vehicle

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "dash items, clock, temp, compass"

"I have always had 4WD and had to step down. I do love everything about the Traverse except maybe the dash items. I have all of the bells and whistels but the clock is inconvenient and too small when you have the navigation or radio info on. the compass is VERY difficult to see at a glance and only on when the nav is on. the outside temp is only where the driver can see it and only on a specific view of options. otherwise, AWESOME!!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"This is agreat vehicle so far. The AWD pulls through the snow better than any vehicle I have owned. We had 10 inches of snow one morning and it just drove down the road without any wheel slippage."

I love my Traverse!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, lots of room, tons of cupholders"

Cons: "No cons"

"I absolutely love my Traverse! Everything is great. I have sat in the front and drove, rode in the back, and in the third row. We fit 7 large adults in it comfortably and went on a 6 hour road trip each way with no complaints. Good on gas for the size, and drives extremely smoothly. I reccommend it to anyone looking for an SUV."