• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,927 - $30,592.

10/8.0

Based on 229 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

A smooth ride w/ enough power to do what you need.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, good power, smooth ride."

Cons: "Phantom electrical issues."

Purchased in Orchard Park, NY in January 2013.

"This is my third Traverse, LT1 trim level with heated front seats and captains chairs in the 2nd row. Within a month of ownership, I noticed a clunking sound in the front suspension. After several trips to the dealership (which included test drives with the service manager who DID hear what I heard), they could find nothing mechanical wrong with it. (Everything was "to specs".) It eventually went away. From time to time there is a knocking noise coming from the seat, but with a slight adjustment it goes away. This vehicle has suited our family's needs quite well. It fits in the garage, holds all of our stuff and looks great. I am hopeful that I don't have the same problem with this Traverse as I had with my past two. The computer modules went bad on both my 2009 and 2011 models. (What are the odds?)The only electrical issue I have had with this Traverse is an intermittent problem of the radio making a loud pop sound and it cuts out completely. It ejects the CD and goes blank. After I turn it off and on again it seems to clear the problem. Overall, VERY pleased with the vehicle and its features. Makes me want to go drive it right now."

Purchased in Orchard Park, NY in January 2013.

perfect vehicle for hauling children

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "great value for the cost"

Cons: "had trouble with the brakes at 16,000."

"Great handling car for its size -- really does well in the snow --- perfect family car."

Love

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Love it. Gas mileage not very good, but expected that when knew that when we bought this size of vehicle. Safety belt fasteners in bad location and head rests are just plain terrible."

Awesome Ride..I love it!!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, smooth, AWD for beach/mountain driving"

Cons: "Add ons are expensive"

"Rides smoothe, dependable, great acoustics, roomy like a minivan on the inside, but a SUV on the outside. I get lots of compliments on my car. I recommend the 4 bucket seats, seats 7 instead of 8 but way worth it!!"

Worst vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "size, price"

Cons: "badly made, no support from GM at all"

"I’ve had 4 Chevy vehicles. All good experiences, until I bought the 2012 traverse for my wife and kids. It’s been problematic since day one. Problems include vibration noises from the exhaust (it took 3 tries to fix that), front speaker works sometimes (not fixed yet), air bag light comes on often (6 attempts, still not fixed), it’s had motor mounts replaced… etc. Its has been worked on by two different delerships many times. Tried to get some help from GM to get trade-in assistance to by another new chevy traverse, they offered ZERO dollars. Asked for to extend the warenty as it will expire at 36000 miles and I have 30,000… they said no to that too. Asked for a loaner while it in the shop… no to that too, only if it stays over night. The worst customer service I have ever had. They lost a loyal customer for life."

Just another SUV

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "transmission is not responsive"

"Poor relationship of transmission and computer, blind spots galore, not fuel efficient"

I love this vehicle.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, smooth ride, sturdy"

Cons: "purchase price, cost of new tires"

"Roomy enough for extremely big and tall passengers in front and back and hauls a lot. Teenage children even like it and want to drive it. Really, my most dependable car ever. With the extreme weather (winter of 2014), I commute at least one hour daily. This vehicle never fails to get me to and from my destinations safely. Holds it's value, always have offers to buy it. Pretty decent on gas mileage. Only downside for buyers is cost, but in this case, you will get what you pay for. I highly recommend!"

its roomy 24mpg,comfortable

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Reason: wife wants a mustang

Pros: "dependability,room,comfort,fuel milage"

Cons: "price!"

"it has served its purpose with dependability,comfort,and 24mpg.the grandkids enjoy watching their movies.the Bose system is great,its an attractive suv with more than enough power to do whatever you need,as a family vehicle.with remote start its nice to get in on those cold mornings with the heated seats and dual climate control.color is red jewel matallic with grey leather interior,with dual sunroofs."

Amazing experience

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "The safety features are the biggest selling point"

Cons: "New ones are getting more expensive"

"We got caught in our recent ice/snow event. We live atop a mountain and the road getting there is steep and curvy and I was terrified that we would not be able to get home. My husband has a multitude of health issues and we needed to be home. As we approached the first part of the climb, we noticed many cars parked and abandoned and we hadn't even gotten to the really hard part. People were walking and I could envision us trying to make that last 2 miles up the mountain on foot. Scary thought! My husband, however, dropped the transmission into low and we got up the first incline, crossed the very icy bridge and as we came to the second and steeper climb, cars were littered all over the side and the middle of the road. Not ever changing speed, he manoeuvered around a Mustang in the center of the road, got us up to the top of the mountain where the road leveled off. Dozens of people were walking and we stopped to pick up a mother and her two young children. Back moving again, we never lost traction even as we descended into our S/D and navigated a very sharp curve on the decline. We got to our house and our passengers made the trip to theirs two doors away on foot. I was so relieved that I was shaking. I attribute our successful journey not just to my husband's expert handling, but more to the AWD, stabili-trak/abs and weight of the vehicle. Most everyone who I have told this story to is in awe that while 4WD vehicles were stranded everywhere, our car got us home. It took us about 30 minutes from the time we got to the mountain base to home. I hope that AWD becomes a standard feature on your vehicles in the near future. This 'adventure' was nothing short of amazing. Our friends, OTOH, spent 8 hours trying to go 9 miles in their mini-van and finally had to walk the last mile to their house because of the icy roads. And they don't even live on the slightest hill."

Poor quality for a Chevy. Hind sight is 20/20.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "none..it's just an average SUV. Nothing special."

Cons: "Quality, visibility, durability."

"This car has had too many problems in the first 3 years. Initially, the alignment went way out at 22000 miles. The water pump seized up at 50,000 miles. All maintenance was, and is up to date. Now, at 60,000 miles, the power steering is going out. There has always been noise coming from the suspension - and of course, the Chevy techs can't seem to find with it is. Power window buttons work when they want to. I've looked at them, cleaned the contacts and had the motors tested. Not sure what the problem is. It's just one thing after another. I won't go into value, since I live in Hawaii. Everything is over priced here. As far as driving, I didn't notice the visibility issues on the test drive. The A pillars are to wide and obstruct you view to the front passenger 45 degrees. The tiny rear side windows also contribute to ta huge blind spot when looking back. Would I recommend this vehicle to a friend...no. Should Chevy redesign it and up the quality?...YES."

leasing

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Safe. Comfortable. Quiet. Nice ride height. Smooth"

"So far so good but then again it only has under 2000 miles on it. I've had it 2 months. I'm leasing this because I just get tired of a car at about 3 yrs time. I have a 16 yr old Lincoln Town Car for cruising and this Traverse for reliability. Made it's first more intense that usual winter with no problem in the snow and it's not 4 wheel drive either. Very comfortable to drive. Safe comfortable interior. Very quiet. Smooth. It does use some gas, but I knew that before I got it."

Excellent Car!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Nice looking and Safe!"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, Things slide around in the back"

"I absolutely love this car!! We have had it for four months now. I love how it drives, it is comfortable, it has all the bells and whistles that I could possibly want! The only negative thing about this car is that the gas mileage is horrible. We recently moved to a more remote area in the mountains and I am finding that I would benefit from more clearance."

Love this ride!

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, holds value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great"

Fresh off the lot!

"I had always wanted a Traverse and finally had the opportunity to test drive one when my other car died. I fell in love instantly and haven't stopped loving it yet. I've had my Traverse since November 2013 and purchased it then as a used vehicle. It's a smooth, quiet ride and corners very nicely. The engine is powerful, but not over-the-top. Gas mileage is about what you'd get with a truck. Some of the standard options, like ambient lighting, make people think I paid way more than I did for this car. I have people stop me randomly and ask me if I like my car, and I can't help but tell them that I love it!"

Fresh off the lot!

Really like this car

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"I owned a Buick Enclave prior to purchasing this vehicle. It's basically the same vehicle, everything is in the same place and configuration as the Buick. I wish I had made sure it had power passenger seat, but I very seldom sit there, so it doesn't matter that much. Gas mileage is okay, 19 mpg, my complaint in that area is that I drive 100 miles per day round trip to and from work and have to fill it up twice a week, I don't let it get below 1/2 a tank before I fill. Think I will look for something that does better on gas. The car is great, has room for all 7 of my grandkids or lots of gardening supplies. I would strongly recommend it to others."

has some issues...

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Reason: Lease ended

Pros: "Nice interior and exterior"

Cons: "Full of problems, Not very reliable"

"Overall, It's an OK suv. I had a lot of trouble with my traverse. I had mainly transmision problems, but the engine started running choppy when I turned it in at about 80,000 miles. We also had trouble with the power stearing. The interior was pretty nice as well as the exterior"

Absolutely Love this SUV !!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "a complete joy to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"Have owned other suv's but this is by far my FAVORITE!! Plenty big enough but totally maneuverable. Reminds me of the roominess of the large conversion vans I use to drive when my boys were small."

Great Family Car

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Drives more like a care"

Cons: "Expensive to replace AWD tires"

"Love this car for traveling with 3 kids."

best riding vechicle since the caprice

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"the only problems is i am starting to lose tire pressure and it could be because of the extreme cold also i never rate anything as a 10"

Great in all weather

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

"Drives in ice and snow (even deep snow) like a champ. Highway driving on windy days, where other cars are getting blown around, I cant even feel it. So far so good. Best bang for the buck for an suv that I can find. Had mine over three years, bought it new and have had great "luck" thus far! I have a family member that is looking at getting one now."

Love my traverse

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Gas mileage, fun to drive"

"I purchased my Traverse in 2009 based on a commercial. I did a quick test drive and fell in love with the car. It still has a smooth and comfortable to ride in for long road trips. Handles great in the snow and in the mountains. Two of the most impressive feature were the amount of cargo space in the rear and the middle bench seat. These features allow me to not only transport my sister with her wheelchair stowed in the rear but also carry 5 additional passengers comfortably. My other vehicle was me, sister & 1 passenger. I also love the thought GM put into creating multiple cup holders and "cubby / hiding" compartments in the dash, center console, and the rear in addition to the very large glove compartment."

THE TRANVERSE IS AND EXCELLENT FAMILY CAR.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"THE ALL AROUND STYLE AND COMFORT. GREAT VACATION CAR WITH PLENTY ROOM FOR FAMILY AND LUGGAGE.HANDLES WELL IN THE WINTER/SNOW. RUNS SMOOTH ON THE HIGHWAY.I HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN A AMERICAN CAR AND THIS MET MY EXPECTATIONS. ."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Love the look inside and out."

"My family and I are happy with the purchase. Fun, reliable, and can't wait for our first road trip in it."

Starting to have some trouble at 68000 miles

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Cons: "NO arm rests standard or optionaler"

"This has been a great vehicle - except for the fact I'm short and not too big. This means I can't reach either the door handle or center console for an arm rest while sitting in the seat. The car drives great and I like being up high. I've had timing chains, gas intake valve and now "1 spark plug, coil and intake gasket issue" as 1 "maintenance problem." Recalls on the first two but the last is a maintenance issue? So much for the 100,000 drive train warranty when I have 32,000 to go on the warranty."

Nice Ride but few bumps inside

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "heated seats; hidden area in back; auto start"

Cons: "lumbar support and headrest"

"I love my new ride, however, going from an extended minivan is taking LOTS of getting used to. Had to make two trips home on christmas day with all our luggage, gifts, kids and dog. However, I believe it will be wonderful for day to day travel and vacations. I have driven this car 200 miles so far and still can not get the driver seat adjusted right. The lumbar support is very low & the headrest hangs over the back of the seat, making it feel like I am curled up while driving--I am now looking for a back support to straighten out my back while driving. This is the BIGGEST issue I have with this car. Other cons I have found: if someone is in the middle passenger seat the driver canNOT see the blind spot and the blind spot mirrors are absolutley useless at night. I have not gotten used to them during the day either. My husband pointed out you can basically see thru them. The glove compartment is lacking a light when opened, you must use the one on the ceiling of the car. The infotainment touchscreen is a bit tempermental and it takes several touches sometimes before it will respond. I do love the fact it can be paired via bluetooth to my phone list, pandora and used for phone calls...this is a great feature--if you don't mind everyone in the car hearing what you are talking about."

GREAT ALL WEATHER LUXURY VEHICLE

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "GREAT HANDLING, LUXURIOUS, POWER, COMFORT, CLASSY"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"I HAVE HAD MY TRAVERSE FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW AND I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN! BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED. AMAZINGLY EFFICIENT IN THE SNOW! THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE, BUT BECAUSE IT HAS AWD AND IS SO NICE TO DRIVE, THAT QUICKLY FALLS TO THE WAYSIDE. I FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING A CADILLAC AROUND IT'S SO LUXURIOUS. THE FOUR BUCKET SEATS MAKE IT GREAT FOR FOUR ADULTS GOING TO DINNER OR ON A ROAD TRIP. PLENTY OF ROOM IN THE BACK, I KEEP THE THIRD ROW SEATS FOLDED DOWN AND CAN FIT ALL MY GROCERIES, PLUS SOME BACK THERE! EASY TO DRIVE, VERY COMFORTABLE AND THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED WITH THE POWER AND HANDLING. ALL AROUND WONDERFUL VEHICLE. (REMOTE START IS AMAZING FOR PRE-HEATING/COOLING)"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25