• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,852 - $30,547.

10/8.0

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Traverse is a solid vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in all weather"

Cons: "Difficult to manage DVD controls from front seat"

"Great vehicle that meets all of our needs, and surpasses our expectations with quality and safety. Comfortably seats 7 passengers, but we primarily use it for our two kids, dog AND cargo."

Best hauler on the market people who all the extra

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, fun with the family."

Cons: "I can haul hay or dirt in this. Need chev truck."

"2011 Chev Traverse 2LT option package that is pearl white with Gray leather interior, fully carpeted auto transmission, full gauges on the dash, hand free Bluetooth phone connection, on star with turn by turn directions, XM premium radio with Bose speakers and CD player in the dash. Climate control, remote start, keyless entry, 20" chrome shells with Bridgestone tires. Third row seating. Love this car, but now have to have a hauler of other things for the ranch."

Serves it's purpose

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"I needed a vehicle that had additional seating but did not want a minivan. After looking at several other makes/models I decided the Traverse was going to be the best value for what I wanted and needed. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior design but the inside is very nice and also roomy. It's a nice riding vehicle when compared to a Trail Blazer or Envoy but not as nice/smooth of a ride as with a Buick LaCross. Knock on wood - I haven't had a single issue with it. As far as fuel economy I would say it's pretty average. I do a lot of city stop and go driving and average about 18mpg."

Very good value for the money!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive on long trips"

Cons: "Side visibility is not the greatest; poor design"

"Very reliable and extremely comfortable to drive. Very quiet ride and easy handling despite the size. Visibility to the sides from the driver is not the greatest and have to use the convex mirrors for safety. Overall, our Traverse is very good and the appearance is great. We ordered with Diamond White paint as an upgrade with nice alloy wheels and we get many compliments on the look. Would recommend highly as new or used vehicle."

Good vehicle for it's price.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cons: "Headrests are very uncomfortable."

"We bought it Nov. 2013 with a tow package. We tow a light weight camper. While the gas mileage isn't that great while under tow (we expected that)it isn't to bad either. We have been very pleased with this vehicle. Our grandson (who is 6'7") can fit in it. Carries 8 easily and he is one of those 8."

Absolute nightmare, don't buy!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I got zero percent financing and good trade value on my old car plus price was listed $4,000 below sticker, no brainer right? I'll start with the good since it is a short list. I thought the interior looked classy although the fit and finish is nowhere as good as my old Acura MDX. I needed a third row seat and liked that it offers the two captains chairs in the back for easy access to the third row especially with two car seats and a third older child. I like that there is still a decent amount of room behind the third row even with them upright. The hatch opening is a bit smaller than my old MDX and thus limits cargo size on the occasion that I have to move something big. Second row seats are very awkward and difficult to move into the full forward or down position. Ride is super quiet even at highway speeds and smooth too. Steering on the highway seems loose and I must constantly correct inputs to keep it pointed straight. Power is decent especially for a small V6 on a relatively heavy SUV although shifting still feels odd and seems as if there is a delay between romping the gas pedal and the reaction of the drive train. The touch screen requires a heavy touch to activate a control and causes a distraction while driving. Also, the moon roof only provides a mesh cover and fails to keep the sun from completely heating the interior. Stereo sounds great but XM is constantly losing the signal, don't know if it is satellite related or just poor antenna design. Also, navigation seems to be late call directions which can cause you to miss turns. Now the real problems. Oil low level sensor was faulty on delivery of the car. They had to drop the whole motor for a total of almost six days of labor to change a simple switch because GM didn't have seal to fit it. Power passenger mirror that is supposed to tilt down when in reverse fails to return to the upright position intermittently. Dealer says they could not duplicate the problem and has since not returned. After picking up vehicle the left hand turn signal and brake light does not work on my trailers, tried both trailers I own and both have same problem, problem is probably located in vehicle wiring. Then tonight, the front collision alert camera stopped working and the vehicle is telling me to service it. The driver's seat rocks back and forth and is getting progressively worse, another item to be serviced. I also noticed a small hole in the bottom of the primary muffler, I don't know if its supposed to be there but there is exhaust gas escaping from it under the center of the vehicle, this can't be good for occupants and to top it off the alignment has been off since day one. The build quality of this vehicle is atrocious, I wish I never bought it and will have to now bring it back for more warranty work. Chevy did pay for one months car payment but it will no way make up for this. They have forever left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably never buy another one again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a vehicle."

Will go anywhere

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "The AWD is superior to any 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "The seats really need some work"

"Only complaint is the interior is so cheap looking and uncomfortable for passengers"

Car is comfortable, easy to handle

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Great for large family, very comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "seat belts are hard to latch"

"Large enough to seat 7 people..skinny people in back. Runs like a dream, Gas mileage not so great. Very good car."

Perfect Car in Every Aspect!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, easy to drive, nice interior, etc."

Cons: "Uncomfortable for long trips"

"We got our family's Chevy Traverse brand new in 2009. It was the first time either my husband or I had bought a car brand new, so we were skeptics. However, 5 years later and our traverse is good as new! Never once have had ANY problems. Runs smoothly, quietly, and is easy to handle. The only problem we have with it is minor and relates to the LS model, but the seats are not the most comfortable, and the seat belt buckles don't go down so squeezing 8 people can be painful! Other than that, we have not had a single problem. Other families even tell us how much they envy our SUV! LOVE IT! Would recommend to anyone!"

Not a great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"We purchased this vehicle because it does have what seems to be the largest interior space and we love how the 3rd row seating is so easy to put up and down. The interior is very cheap looking and does not wear well. We have had several problems with vehicle...air conditioning, timing chain, remote starter etc. Repairs on these vehicles seem to be more costly than others."

Have had it 9 months. Excellent condition

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great on gas. Bose sound system"

"excellent condition"

Great car for extended traveling.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room. OK on gas. Very easy on long drives"

Cons: "No Bluetooth."

"We've driven this car around the US three times. Regular oil changes, tire rotations (replaced every 45,000 miles) plus recommended maintenance is all we've done. Entertainment system is great for grandchildren. With back two rows down, plenty of room for all we need for months of traveling. Still looks brand new. We really like this car and will get the new one in the fall."

great car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "the financing bank"

"love the car .we are trading it to get away from ally..the worst service EVER. I really LOVE this car.It's comfortable, nice looking, love the back up alert, the DVD, the seats, the dual air..all except the finance bank"

LOVE my Traverse!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power"

"My car has 4 bucket seats and can fit 7 people. The inside is spacious like a mini van, but it looks like a sporty and classy SUV. I get lots of compliments when friends drive with me. They always ask what kind of car it is. I have had it for a few years now and still completely love it. No regrets - has everything i need including heated seats and Onstar. Lots of space for luggage."

Solid, comfortable & reliable

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "solid, big capacity, good looks"

Cons: "not great on snowy inclines, more cup holders"

"My first impression of this car when I test drove it, was how solid it felt and how connected to the road it handled. My husband had the same impression. Now 4 years and 48,000 miles later, I still like this car. I think it's my favorite car of any I've had, and I'm 63, so that's covering quite a few vehicles. I would have preferred a few different options than I currently have, but I'll be sure to include them when I ever trade mine in."

Great overall vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and very versital"

Cons: "I wish it got better milage"

"I have equipped this vehicle to tow behind motor home. I installed breaking system and tow bar mounts. It tows OK I have put over 6,000 miles towing. I also tow a boat with this vehicle. It tows the boat great, you hardly know it is there. I get 15 mpg towing a 2,200 pound boat going from 1,400 feet to 5,500 feet and back again. It pulls my boat better than my old Suburban. I can set the cruise on 55 and only take it off for very steep downhill or sharp corners. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. It almost drives it's self. The transmission is very smooth and you have to watch the tachometer to know it is shifting."

EXTREMELY SATISFIED

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "REALLY ENJOY TRAVELING IN THIS CAR."

Cons: "I DID NOT GET THE BACK UP CAMERA."

"THIS CAR IS VERY COMFORTABLE, BOTH IN HANDLING AND IN THE RIDE. WE HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR FROM SO. CAL. TO FORT BRAGG IN 1 DAY AND ONLY STOPPED FOR GAS,FOOD,& REST ROOM BREAKS, AND ARRIVED WITHOUT ANY DISCOMFORT. ALSO LIKE THE FOLD DOWN REAR AND CENTER SEATS. MAKES IT REAL EASY TO LOAD WITH LUGGAGE AND PASSENGERS."

We love our Traverse, our best car ever!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "The best comfortable car ever"

Cons: "Nothing"

"This SUV it's lovely, my family don't want to sale it, but I want the new model 'cause I love it, and we can proved all dealer services at time, oil changes, we have all the tickes to proved, brand new tires 5000 k used, economic gas expenses, full car occupancies, excellent conditions, perfect for big families, plants of room."

My 4th SUV and the best!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great price and hubby likes to drive it."

Cons: "wish my lift gate was automatic"

"I have had a blazer, trailblazer, Suburban, and now the Traverse. By far this car is my favorite. It has the best ride and fits my family's needs. My friend has just bought one. Wow! I hope Chevrolet keeps these around for a while. I like the quad seating also. It makes it easier to get to the back seats when needed. Plenty of charging outlets for the kids technology."

Just bought this car

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Seating"

Cons: "Storage"

"I just bought this car and already love it! I went from a mini van to this and can't wait to travel..."

Drives stears brakes shifts smoothly Turns quickly

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Smooth car. acceptable mileage approx 20 miles/gal"

Cons: "Only has drive and Low Gears 6 speed auto"

"Love the car. Appointed well carries a lot. Easy to drive. Lots of power"

I Love My Traverse!

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Good price, easy handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spots, uncomfortable third-row seats"

"I needed a car that would get me around town, make parking easy, and easily seat 4-6 people (grandkids). I'm older but didn't want a sedan and didn't want a huge SUV gas guzzler. I love the Traverse as it's easy to get in and out of for an older person, seats 4 people easily, and is maneuverable around town. I like that it's easy to park and handles very well. I often go to garage sales, auctions or thrift stores where I'll buy small pieces of furniture, and the fold-down rear seats makes the cargo area very spacious. Some cons for me are that there are blind spots at the corners of the windshield where it meets the passenger and driver's window. The side mirrors are there and I have trouble seeing around them. Since I do 99% of my driving in town, the gas mileage isnt' the greatest, but it's okay. Finally, getting into the third row seats isn't easy for kids, and even worse for adults; and once in there, it's a very tight fit. It really isn't a 7 seater unless you're tiny and agile."

The seats are horrible!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Reason: hated this car

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "seats are horrible and blind spots"

"The cloth seats have got to be made out of the cheapest material ever!! Chevrolet has went backwards on this one. Not only are the seats cheaply made, they are also very firm with no thought to comfort. They are calling it a Crossover/SUV--what it really should be called is a minivan with 4 doors. I traded mine in after only having it for 19 days. Switched from Chevrolet to a Ford. The Traverse also has multiple blind spots."

Good car for the money

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money"

Cons: "Make sure its under warranty."

"Great for larger families. Has third row seating.."

the best suv on the market

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

"I love the traverse. I traded a trailblazer in for my traverse. I plan on buying an upgraded traverse in the future."