2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,013 - $30,778.

10/8.0

8.4

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love it

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "good price, easy to drive, handles well"

Cons: "would be nice if it had a larger back up camera sc"

"This is a great vehicle I would highly recommend it"

great car when you need room and comfort

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "excellant family car-- great for travel"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Holds up seldom needs repair"

Worst car I ever owned

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "roomy interior"

Cons: "many mechanical issues, cheap interior"

"The car as had many mechanical issues and recalls since I purchased the car new. Many of the items were not covered under warranty. car has 60000 miles but I am getting rid of it."

Happy so far

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, My Link is easy to use, good mpg"

Cons: "Poor visibility backing, dash switches by screen"

"I am enjoying our 2LT Traverse. It is nicely equipped with heated leather, quad seating,sunroof, and navigation. It is very comfortable and has great space throughout. I have over 2k on the car and never has the car gone under 16 mpg in the city. Some weeks it is over 17 mpg in mostly city driving. The My Link on a rare occasion can have an issue but overall it works fine. The dash lay out with the My Link screen and other controls needs to be redesigned. The radio stations are on the bottom of the screen. Directly under the screen on the dash are the info center controls and hazard warning switch. Several times while switching stations I have hit one of buttons and either turned on the hazards or activated the info panel. It is a poor layout to have them so close to the screen. The car heating system is strong and warms quickly. Outside mirror defogger works very fast. The rear view when backing is difficult. If you buy this car you absolutely need a rear view camera. We have one and cannot imagine backing up without one. The ride is comfortable but it would be nicer if it was just a little quieter. Certain road surfaces can cause the interior noise to be a little loud. Other reviewers thought it was quiet. I think it is not as quiet as it could be for the price. The daylight running lights need improvement. With all the other cars on the road including its sister Acadia and Enclave with LED day time Chevy still uses its headlights. This is really outdated and should be changed to make the car look as nice as its competitors."

Very solid car - lots of bang for the buck

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "value, styling, features when nicely equipped"

Cons: "third row seats are not comfortable."

"We purchased this car after having a minivan for close to 10 years. I did not want to go through another winter without AWD and I did not want another 5 or 10 years in a minivan. I wasnt even considering this car until my brother told me about it. I haven't driven an American car in 20 years. He and my SIL drive the other Lambda platform vehicles, the Acadia and the Enclave, respectively. I test drove all three and choose the Traverse 2LT leather fully loaded as the right compromise between value, styling, and features. I liked the handling and interior dash better than Acadia. The Enclave has a beautiful dash and a plush ride but my 2LT has all the features I really wanted and was a better value overall. Nothing can beat a minivan in terms of moving people and cargo but the Traverse has a roomy interior (we have the 2nd row bucket seats) and better than most rear storage. We took a long weekend trip with the 5 of us and had plenty of room. I regularly carpool with 4 teenagers in tow, including two 6 ft boys. It has an attractive dash, great safety features, and great technology. I love that I can remotely start it with my Onstar app from miles away and I love the diagnostics and the ability to get check my mileage, tire pressure, get maintenance reminders and schedule maintenance all through my app. Basic maintenance coverage is nice too. There are some blind spots but my vehicle has blind spot mirrors. I also have lane departure warnings and forward collision warnings. I basically can't live without the parking assistance. Things I don't like are the skinny steering wheel (I added a $20 aftermarket cover), the navi screen should be higher up in the dash, and the 3rd row seats are entirely too hard and flat. My kids are just now getting used to it. I'm going to get some sort of cushion for it. I'm hoping that I can keep this car for another 5 to 6 years. Here in my NE suburb, 5 years ago there were virtually no American cars anywhere. Now there are Acadias and Enclaves everywhere and Traverses are catching up. The only reason I'm not giving the car a 9 overall is that I haven't owned it long enough."

good value, good vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"more cargo space than all the competition. we live on a dirt road, drives nice anywhere. very happy with the vehicle. i have heard that the interior in the subsequent model was less, very disappointing as I would most definitely buy another one."

great family car

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "awd seats7"

Cons: "not plush seats"

"Like a mini van but way cooler plus awd"

Great except 2nd row seating.

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Big, drives well, awd great in snow, loads of room"

Cons: "2nd row bench seat, rear visability,"

"Really like the car, but with only 11 3/4" in center of the 2nd row you cannot fit a child seat or even a child there. Seat buckles will not move. Try it before you buy it. Should of gotten the bucket seats. Really do not think this is an 8 passenger vehicle."

Comfortable ride

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Lots of cargo room."

Cons: "Traction is terrible."

"The vehicle rides smooth and has plenty of room but would not recommend the front wheel drive version at all in any climate. It seem like the vehicle is to heavy for the drive-train. We are constantly spinning the tires on any terrain wet, dry, or frozen. Would only consider an All Wheel Drive Traverse "IF" I were going to get another one."

Major issues

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Average car"

Cons: "Breaks down every 6 to 12 months"

"My Traverse has been a nightmare. I only have 85,000 miles on it and it has been the dealership 5 times for major repairs. Timing Belt replacement, transmission went out, engine cover leaking oil, etc. The latest nightmare is my power steering has locked up and I now need a new pump and gears to the tune of $1,200. Look online about the steering problems before you buy this lemon."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"Just bought a loaded 2014 LTZ and love the car. I upgraded from a 2007 ford feestyle, and the difference is amazing. The engine is smooth and gutsy and the technology i great. I wish it had push button start but the remote start feature, and other features make up for it. I have 3 teenage kids and this is a perfect fit for us."

great car

"Great crossover car"

Beyond disappointed

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cons: "middle captains seats uncomfortable"

"We bought our 2012 Traverse LTZ in Aug of 2012. It had a few miles on it which we prefer so we don't take a huge hit right off the bat with depreciation [sic]. We have always bought our vehicles that way and drive them til they die. Little did we know it would only take a year for that to happen with the Traverse. Right away we had problems with the airbag light going off and had to bring it in 3 times until they actually figured out the problem and fixed it. Last Halloween 2013 I dropped my daughter off at a friends house and the battery light and some warning light came on. Come to find out the alternator was going out. ONE year after having it! Pay to get that fixed and then this spring the NAV/DVD quit working which, with 3 kids, was one of the reason we purchased this one.We can fix it though for $1500! Fast forward a couple months and NOW the engine light is on indicating another problem! We bought this car to avoid costly repairs and to have a nice vehicle. Beyond disappointed and no longer feel safe in it. Oh I fogot to mention the 3 recalls we received this summer for the airbags and seltbelts! We are bringing it back to where we bought it today and switching to a different comp. Oh and we are now driving our 2000 Tahoe which we purchased in 2001 and had little to no problems with."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride; roomy; easy access"

Cons: "Body style does not appeal to me"

"It does everything I want it to do, including the pulling of a small travel trailer. I would certainly consider buying a newer model."

Lots to love and not love about this vehicle.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, comfortable, handles well in snow."

Cons: "Computer problems galore"

"I love the roominess, power, smooth ride and quietness of the vehicle. It looks good, even after nearly five years. However, I have had computer problems from the beginning and for the past year, they are out of control. No satisfaction from dealership in the area either. I wouldn't buy another one as I believe I can purchase a more reliable vehicle for less than the 34,000 I paid for the Traverse. I am weary of alarms going off, systems shutting off, including cruise control and the fuel pump and not getting any help from Chevrolet."

Been a great car

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and rides very well city & Highway"

Cons: "Went through the front tires by 36K but it is FWD"

"This is the 1st Chevy I have ever owned....It's been a great car...never stopped...needed just regular maintenance...no new battery...need some front tires...Drove this on 3 really long trips and performed like a champ...lots of room when you flip the 3rd row seat down..."

Ouch...

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cons: "Too many issues..."

"My mother has owned this vehicle for a little under three years... We have had multiple issues with it, including but not limited to: Engine replacement, Main Oil Seal break, Washer Fluid Pumps not working, and multiple recalls for major safety defects. At this point I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, even though my family and I are huge GM advocates..."

Traverse is a solid vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in all weather"

Cons: "Difficult to manage DVD controls from front seat"

"Great vehicle that meets all of our needs, and surpasses our expectations with quality and safety. Comfortably seats 7 passengers, but we primarily use it for our two kids, dog AND cargo."

Best hauler on the market people who all the extra

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, fun with the family."

Cons: "I can haul hay or dirt in this. Need chev truck."

"2011 Chev Traverse 2LT option package that is pearl white with Gray leather interior, fully carpeted auto transmission, full gauges on the dash, hand free Bluetooth phone connection, on star with turn by turn directions, XM premium radio with Bose speakers and CD player in the dash. Climate control, remote start, keyless entry, 20" chrome shells with Bridgestone tires. Third row seating. Love this car, but now have to have a hauler of other things for the ranch."

Serves it's purpose

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"I needed a vehicle that had additional seating but did not want a minivan. After looking at several other makes/models I decided the Traverse was going to be the best value for what I wanted and needed. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior design but the inside is very nice and also roomy. It's a nice riding vehicle when compared to a Trail Blazer or Envoy but not as nice/smooth of a ride as with a Buick LaCross. Knock on wood - I haven't had a single issue with it. As far as fuel economy I would say it's pretty average. I do a lot of city stop and go driving and average about 18mpg."

Very good value for the money!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive on long trips"

Cons: "Side visibility is not the greatest; poor design"

"Very reliable and extremely comfortable to drive. Very quiet ride and easy handling despite the size. Visibility to the sides from the driver is not the greatest and have to use the convex mirrors for safety. Overall, our Traverse is very good and the appearance is great. We ordered with Diamond White paint as an upgrade with nice alloy wheels and we get many compliments on the look. Would recommend highly as new or used vehicle."

Good vehicle for it's price.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cons: "Headrests are very uncomfortable."

"We bought it Nov. 2013 with a tow package. We tow a light weight camper. While the gas mileage isn't that great while under tow (we expected that)it isn't to bad either. We have been very pleased with this vehicle. Our grandson (who is 6'7") can fit in it. Carries 8 easily and he is one of those 8."

Absolute nightmare, don't buy!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I got zero percent financing and good trade value on my old car plus price was listed $4,000 below sticker, no brainer right? I'll start with the good since it is a short list. I thought the interior looked classy although the fit and finish is nowhere as good as my old Acura MDX. I needed a third row seat and liked that it offers the two captains chairs in the back for easy access to the third row especially with two car seats and a third older child. I like that there is still a decent amount of room behind the third row even with them upright. The hatch opening is a bit smaller than my old MDX and thus limits cargo size on the occasion that I have to move something big. Second row seats are very awkward and difficult to move into the full forward or down position. Ride is super quiet even at highway speeds and smooth too. Steering on the highway seems loose and I must constantly correct inputs to keep it pointed straight. Power is decent especially for a small V6 on a relatively heavy SUV although shifting still feels odd and seems as if there is a delay between romping the gas pedal and the reaction of the drive train. The touch screen requires a heavy touch to activate a control and causes a distraction while driving. Also, the moon roof only provides a mesh cover and fails to keep the sun from completely heating the interior. Stereo sounds great but XM is constantly losing the signal, don't know if it is satellite related or just poor antenna design. Also, navigation seems to be late call directions which can cause you to miss turns. Now the real problems. Oil low level sensor was faulty on delivery of the car. They had to drop the whole motor for a total of almost six days of labor to change a simple switch because GM didn't have seal to fit it. Power passenger mirror that is supposed to tilt down when in reverse fails to return to the upright position intermittently. Dealer says they could not duplicate the problem and has since not returned. After picking up vehicle the left hand turn signal and brake light does not work on my trailers, tried both trailers I own and both have same problem, problem is probably located in vehicle wiring. Then tonight, the front collision alert camera stopped working and the vehicle is telling me to service it. The driver's seat rocks back and forth and is getting progressively worse, another item to be serviced. I also noticed a small hole in the bottom of the primary muffler, I don't know if its supposed to be there but there is exhaust gas escaping from it under the center of the vehicle, this can't be good for occupants and to top it off the alignment has been off since day one. The build quality of this vehicle is atrocious, I wish I never bought it and will have to now bring it back for more warranty work. Chevy did pay for one months car payment but it will no way make up for this. They have forever left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably never buy another one again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a vehicle."

Will go anywhere

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "The AWD is superior to any 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "The seats really need some work"

"Only complaint is the interior is so cheap looking and uncomfortable for passengers"

Car is comfortable, easy to handle

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Great for large family, very comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "seat belts are hard to latch"

"Large enough to seat 7 people..skinny people in back. Runs like a dream, Gas mileage not so great. Very good car."