2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,903 - $30,648.

10/8.0

8.4

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"I have owned my Traverse for a little over a month now and I have no complaints. I really enjoy driving it whether I'm just driving through town or going long distance. It's a comfortable ride and comfortable seats. It has lots of storage and it's stylish. I'll be keeping my Traverse until it no longer runs!"

Would not rebuy!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "attractive, handles well"

Cons: "overstated MPGs, not carseat friendly, electical"

"I would not re-buy my Traverse. It handles well and has visual appeal, but that's where the positives end for me. The gas mileage is over stated, as we get 15/18mpg tops instead of the 16/23 that was stated for an AWD (We've never gotten 20mpg, even with interstate driving!) The front seats aren't bad in the comfort department, but the 2nd & 3rd row seats are pretty shallow & flat, which is not comfortable for adults and causes overhang issues with some carseats. Cargo space is useless if 3rd row is up. It won't even hold a weekly grocery trip for me. It might have been more user friendly if we had gotten 2nd row Captains chairs instead of the bench-when it comes to being car seat friendly as I imagine it would provide easier access to 3rd row. The 3rd row doesn't have good leg room though. It is a tight fit for even petite kids in the leg room department. My 4 year old can't sit in her carseat comfortably when it's in the 3rd row...it's just too tight of a fit and she complains about leg room. The 2nd row doesn't slide as easily as you'ld think. My son can't do it by himself and it requires me to use more force than it should. At very best-it is a snug 7 seater...for local traffic only. I laugh everytime I see it advertised as 8passenger. Maybe if you're transporting six 8 year olds across town....But they better not each have a bag needing to go with them. Booster can't be used in the middle seat of either row, as there is no headrest. We really didn't want to get a van and opted for a 3rd row SUV instead...but the 3rd row stays folded down 95% of the time out of necessity (groceries and kid gear) Buying the Traverse has been a regular inconvenience for us. We have had several electrical issues as well. One being-the reverse back up sensors frequently get stuck, causing me to have to put the vehicle in park, turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition to get it to stop. That's just plain annoying! We didn't realize alot of the user friendly issues of this vehicle when we only had 2 kids (we purchased when our 2nd child was 3 weeks old). But upon adding a 3rd kid to the mix-we immediately realized that this vehicle just doesn't meet our needs like we thought it would. Wish we would've just gotten over ourselves, and purchased a van instead. We sure would've been more comfortable, and would've saved money in gas alone."

Love it

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "good price, easy to drive, handles well"

Cons: "would be nice if it had a larger back up camera sc"

"This is a great vehicle I would highly recommend it"

great car when you need room and comfort

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "excellant family car-- great for travel"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Holds up seldom needs repair"

Worst car I ever owned

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "roomy interior"

Cons: "many mechanical issues, cheap interior"

"The car as had many mechanical issues and recalls since I purchased the car new. Many of the items were not covered under warranty. car has 60000 miles but I am getting rid of it."