• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,210 - $29,883.

10/8.1

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love my traverse

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Gas mileage, fun to drive"

"I purchased my Traverse in 2009 based on a commercial. I did a quick test drive and fell in love with the car. It still has a smooth and comfortable to ride in for long road trips. Handles great in the snow and in the mountains. Two of the most impressive feature were the amount of cargo space in the rear and the middle bench seat. These features allow me to not only transport my sister with her wheelchair stowed in the rear but also carry 5 additional passengers comfortably. My other vehicle was me, sister & 1 passenger. I also love the thought GM put into creating multiple cup holders and "cubby / hiding" compartments in the dash, center console, and the rear in addition to the very large glove compartment."

THE TRANVERSE IS AND EXCELLENT FAMILY CAR.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"THE ALL AROUND STYLE AND COMFORT. GREAT VACATION CAR WITH PLENTY ROOM FOR FAMILY AND LUGGAGE.HANDLES WELL IN THE WINTER/SNOW. RUNS SMOOTH ON THE HIGHWAY.I HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN A AMERICAN CAR AND THIS MET MY EXPECTATIONS. ."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Love the look inside and out."

"My family and I are happy with the purchase. Fun, reliable, and can't wait for our first road trip in it."

Starting to have some trouble at 68000 miles

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Cons: "NO arm rests standard or optionaler"

"This has been a great vehicle - except for the fact I'm short and not too big. This means I can't reach either the door handle or center console for an arm rest while sitting in the seat. The car drives great and I like being up high. I've had timing chains, gas intake valve and now "1 spark plug, coil and intake gasket issue" as 1 "maintenance problem." Recalls on the first two but the last is a maintenance issue? So much for the 100,000 drive train warranty when I have 32,000 to go on the warranty."

Nice Ride but few bumps inside

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "heated seats; hidden area in back; auto start"

Cons: "lumbar support and headrest"

"I love my new ride, however, going from an extended minivan is taking LOTS of getting used to. Had to make two trips home on christmas day with all our luggage, gifts, kids and dog. However, I believe it will be wonderful for day to day travel and vacations. I have driven this car 200 miles so far and still can not get the driver seat adjusted right. The lumbar support is very low & the headrest hangs over the back of the seat, making it feel like I am curled up while driving--I am now looking for a back support to straighten out my back while driving. This is the BIGGEST issue I have with this car. Other cons I have found: if someone is in the middle passenger seat the driver canNOT see the blind spot and the blind spot mirrors are absolutley useless at night. I have not gotten used to them during the day either. My husband pointed out you can basically see thru them. The glove compartment is lacking a light when opened, you must use the one on the ceiling of the car. The infotainment touchscreen is a bit tempermental and it takes several touches sometimes before it will respond. I do love the fact it can be paired via bluetooth to my phone list, pandora and used for phone calls...this is a great feature--if you don't mind everyone in the car hearing what you are talking about."

GREAT ALL WEATHER LUXURY VEHICLE

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "GREAT HANDLING, LUXURIOUS, POWER, COMFORT, CLASSY"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"I HAVE HAD MY TRAVERSE FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW AND I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN! BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED. AMAZINGLY EFFICIENT IN THE SNOW! THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE, BUT BECAUSE IT HAS AWD AND IS SO NICE TO DRIVE, THAT QUICKLY FALLS TO THE WAYSIDE. I FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING A CADILLAC AROUND IT'S SO LUXURIOUS. THE FOUR BUCKET SEATS MAKE IT GREAT FOR FOUR ADULTS GOING TO DINNER OR ON A ROAD TRIP. PLENTY OF ROOM IN THE BACK, I KEEP THE THIRD ROW SEATS FOLDED DOWN AND CAN FIT ALL MY GROCERIES, PLUS SOME BACK THERE! EASY TO DRIVE, VERY COMFORTABLE AND THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED WITH THE POWER AND HANDLING. ALL AROUND WONDERFUL VEHICLE. (REMOTE START IS AMAZING FOR PRE-HEATING/COOLING)"

My 2nd Traverse

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "safe and sturdy. quiet, great for long trips"

Cons: "none so far"

"This is my 2nd Traverse. First one was totaled in a head on crash (intoxicated wrong way). My wife walked away with some cuts and bruises. Impact was severe with the front end totally destroyed, yet the cabin was intact (all air bags deployed). As soon as my wife recovered,we were back to the dealership to get a new one. This is a big vehicle with all the expected comforts. We have 2 kids and I would not take chances with any other vehicle. Mileage is OK... as long as you keep it light on the gas pedal and remain on cruise control. most we got was 24.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip. If you downshift a lot, expect 15 mpg."

NICE RIDE AND DRIVE

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "NICE RIDE SMOOTH RIDE ON ROUGH PAVEMENT"

Cons: "NOISE LEVEL ABOUT NORMAL AT ROAD SPEEDS"

"I DROVE THIS TRAVERSE ABOUT 250 MILES FROM AUCTION VERY PLEASED WITH RIDE AND COMFORT LEVEL. CHECKED SPEED WITH GPS 100% ACCURATE I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS AUTO FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS 3RD ROW SEATING. MILEAGE WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED DOING 70-80 MPH."

Great vehicle with a caveat

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Great power, great price, tourer, smaller than SUV"

Cons: "More car seat anchors, 1 minor warranty repair"

"Purchased this Traverse out of necessity (3 kids). The wife didn't want a minivan or large SUV, so we were forced into the crossover market. Really happy with this vehicle, as it has an engine that's more powerful than most crossovers, has the option of second row captain's chairs (what we chose) or a bench. We bought the lowest model and had heated leather seats installed for about $2500. The fuel economy is fairly poor, but I'll take the on-demand power for city driving any day. The price was really good considering all the space and the engine size. The major caveat with this vehicle is that it's a family vehicle, but you're limited on the amount of places you can utilize a rear latch point for a car seat. Really aggravating coming from a crossover. Also, at least one of the bolts in the mounting assembly for the driver's seat has vibrated a tad bit loose. Why Chevrolet elected to not go with a locking nut for parts like that is beyond me. However, we haven't had any other problems and the Traverse has been a beast on our frequent 500-mile road trips. I don't know if I'd buy it again without my youngest being in a booster, but there really aren't many other options that seat more than 5 (including 3 car seats), have good power, aren't a minivan or large SUV, and are under $40k.All in all, it's certainly worth looking at."

Great family vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Lost of space"

Cons: "17-18 mpg"

"We got this in 2010. We have 2 kids. This was a great buy. Vehicle comfortly seats 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids, and that's not with the 3rd row up. Add that and two more kids fit ealy, not so much for adults. Cargo area is big, with 3rd seat down - not much with it up. Hanldes great as this is my 1st FWD. No mechanicle issues so far and at 89K miles. The only negative I think is the 17-18 mpg, wish it did better."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25