2012 Chevrolet Traverse

8.4

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

I LOVE!!!!

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

"I wasn't that excited about test driving this thing since I really liked the Acadia and Explorer so much. But once I sat in it and drove it, it doesn't even compare. The kids have everything they need, I have all the upgrades that make all my running around (with 3 kids) so much easier. I commute 2 hrs 1 way to work and am happy to do it in this. I'm used to driving a small fast car or my silverado. This is a great in between!!!! There are two things I don't like... MPG (average for crossover and SUV) but still disapointed, and 2 is how hard it is to keep clean. I did the specia red colorjewel something... and its so hard to keep clean. But love the vbalue of the traverse. I was able to get all my features (BT, back up camera, gps, bucket seats, sun roofs, bose system, and more) all with out having to get leather seats. All other crossover/suv's made me get leather seats to get most of these features... I live in TX and did not want leather seats."

Starting to have some trouble at 68000 miles

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Cons: "NO arm rests standard or optionaler"

"This has been a great vehicle - except for the fact I'm short and not too big. This means I can't reach either the door handle or center console for an arm rest while sitting in the seat. The car drives great and I like being up high. I've had timing chains, gas intake valve and now "1 spark plug, coil and intake gasket issue" as 1 "maintenance problem." Recalls on the first two but the last is a maintenance issue? So much for the 100,000 drive train warranty when I have 32,000 to go on the warranty."

I LOVE my Traverse....

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Lots of storage, drives great, perfect size"

Love my Traverse

"Hands down the best vehicle. I've got a fully loaded LTZ and with two kids, I couldn't have picked a better family vehicle. It's just the right size. It towes a boat. I can put the third row seating down and pack the back full. I can throw a dvd in and keep the kids entertained. The driving is EXCELLENT. It has EVERYTHING I could possibly want in a vehicle, and it's got a 5 star crash rating. LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT"

Love my Traverse

GM could get it perfect with so little more!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "See review"

Cons: "See review"

"Greats: handling, stable, silent, powerful, incredible ride for the size, exterior design, interior space, OnStar services, feels safe, good brakes, best priced 7-seater of its type (LS trim), overall best family vehicle we've had. OK's: gas mileage, interior overall ergonomics and interior finishing materials. Needs improvement: uncomfortable seats for long trips, second row mechanism to access third row seats is a bit awkward, seat belt receptacles on rear seats are rigid and stick up, making them uncomfortable and even painful (they dig into passenger's buttocks) for passengers of certain sizes. I have to warn new passengers to watch out for them, and ask only children or small individuals to seat in the middle positions."

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Bought this SUV Oct 2010. Room of a SUV and drives and handles like a car. I have a son who is 6 ft tall and he has more than enough leg room in the second and third rows. Great accelaration and very quiet ride. Love this car!!!"

Better than any full size SUV

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"I've owned a top of the line Ford EXP Eddie Bauer and I love my Traverse. It has the people room, comfort and a lot of cargo space for our 5 person family (with friends). The main criteria when we went looking for a new vehicle was not just seating capacity, but comfortable seating for my 15 yr old 5'10" and growing son. He fits behind his 6'1" mother with the seat all the way back. I also like the height of the vehicle. We only wanted a base model but with the towing package for my wave-runner. The "base model" have almost everything that I paid extra for in my EXP in 2002 brand new. I miss the powerseat for the passenger. The only annoying feature if the location of the reclining handle for the front passenger. I love that the 2nd seats (20/80) recline as well. Plus the mileage!!!!!"

Competitive Crossover

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"comfortable, strong car overall, feels safe, good pick up and easy driving. The gas mileage performance is not as advertised, head rest is off kitler to the rest of the seat(s), but chevy say it is better for protection."

Great ride

By on Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 1 month. Checked out all the others. This one has not disappointed. The storage room is almost the same as the short bed pick up I traded in. Super deal with all the rebates. Ride could not get any better. The premium sound and XM radio are the best I have ever had. Can not comment on reliability, to short a time, but I have a corvette, a Impala and the Traverse, no problems. The pick-up I traded was a Silverado, no problems. My wife said it is the best we have had."

leasing

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Safe. Comfortable. Quiet. Nice ride height. Smooth"

"So far so good but then again it only has under 2000 miles on it. I've had it 2 months. I'm leasing this because I just get tired of a car at about 3 yrs time. I have a 16 yr old Lincoln Town Car for cruising and this Traverse for reliability. Made it's first more intense that usual winter with no problem in the snow and it's not 4 wheel drive either. Very comfortable to drive. Safe comfortable interior. Very quiet. Smooth. It does use some gas, but I knew that before I got it."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Love the look inside and out."

"My family and I are happy with the purchase. Fun, reliable, and can't wait for our first road trip in it."

Great family vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Lost of space"

Cons: "17-18 mpg"

"We got this in 2010. We have 2 kids. This was a great buy. Vehicle comfortly seats 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids, and that's not with the 3rd row up. Add that and two more kids fit ealy, not so much for adults. Cargo area is big, with 3rd seat down - not much with it up. Hanldes great as this is my 1st FWD. No mechanicle issues so far and at 89K miles. The only negative I think is the 17-18 mpg, wish it did better."

Superior in Comfort

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable ride."

Cons: "Need to increase mileage performance."

"Of all the vehicles I have own, the Traverse has top them all in comfort, leg room, smooth ride, quietness and features. There is only one complaint which is miles per gallon. If or when Chevrolet decides to make a hybrid that increases the mileage, only then would the Traverse be the perfect crossover vehicle."

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Has a lot of power. All wheel drive is nice."

Cons: "The rear end design is a bit different."

This is when the car was still at the dealership. Love it!!!

"This vehicle is the best we've ever owned. Our Uplander was replaced by this work of art. Chevy definitely got it right this time. We love the features.Especially the heated mirrors. Also, the rear parking assist has helped me a lot. Our Traverse came with heated seats wich are great!!! THe all wheel drive is great since we get snow."

This is when the car was still at the dealership. Love it!!!

Great Price, fun to drive, lots of room.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"I've had this truck for almost 4 years now. It still drives and handles great. There is lots of room and great for long road trips with the family. Gas millege is a big plus espically with the size and wieght of the truck. The only issue we had was the water pump went out on us but other than that not a single issue."

Wonderful vehicle

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "dash items, clock, temp, compass"

"I have always had 4WD and had to step down. I do love everything about the Traverse except maybe the dash items. I have all of the bells and whistels but the clock is inconvenient and too small when you have the navigation or radio info on. the compass is VERY difficult to see at a glance and only on when the nav is on. the outside temp is only where the driver can see it and only on a specific view of options. otherwise, AWESOME!!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"This is agreat vehicle so far. The AWD pulls through the snow better than any vehicle I have owned. We had 10 inches of snow one morning and it just drove down the road without any wheel slippage."

i bought my dream car without knowing

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"It's great for my kids and I! Have televisions in it so they can watch movies on long trips. It's a V6, which saves some on gasoline.(Great for driving to work, to a daycare, the grocery store, and even cross country) You can get bigger items because it has a 3rd row that folds down completely flat. Even the middle seats fold down completely flat and the front passenger seat as well. It's seriously an amazing car! I love it!"

We Love It

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Lots of room, and cool styling. Ample pickup. Headroom and legroom are excellent, and much cargo space, even behind 3rd seat. Feels sturdy and substantial, and handles well. Dash and controls could be laid out better and more user friendly, but OK. Bose stereo sounds good. Rear camera very helpful. Blind spot mirrors help visibility, which is somewhat compromised. Overall we are very pleased, and glad we bought American."

Love this vehicle

By on Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pros: "What's not to love in this comfortable car."

Cons: "Seat cushions a bit stiff"

"My model has the four captain seats. I can load up all the kids in carseats and teenagers and just go. I also have more room to carry cargo than most trucks (without kids that is). The seats are a bit stiff and could use a bit more padding. It is a pure joy on our many road trips and just across town. I highly recommend this suv over the bigger versions. They're just wasted of space in my opinion."

its roomy 24mpg,comfortable

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Reason: wife wants a mustang

Pros: "dependability,room,comfort,fuel milage"

Cons: "price!"

"it has served its purpose with dependability,comfort,and 24mpg.the grandkids enjoy watching their movies.the Bose system is great,its an attractive suv with more than enough power to do whatever you need,as a family vehicle.with remote start its nice to get in on those cold mornings with the heated seats and dual climate control.color is red jewel matallic with grey leather interior,with dual sunroofs."

Absolutely Love this SUV !!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "a complete joy to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"Have owned other suv's but this is by far my FAVORITE!! Plenty big enough but totally maneuverable. Reminds me of the roominess of the large conversion vans I use to drive when my boys were small."

THE TRANVERSE IS AND EXCELLENT FAMILY CAR.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"THE ALL AROUND STYLE AND COMFORT. GREAT VACATION CAR WITH PLENTY ROOM FOR FAMILY AND LUGGAGE.HANDLES WELL IN THE WINTER/SNOW. RUNS SMOOTH ON THE HIGHWAY.I HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN A AMERICAN CAR AND THIS MET MY EXPECTATIONS. ."

best vehicle ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive with the family"

"love my traverse"

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"We love our Traverse- fits 6 adults and 2 adults/5 kids comfortably! The side camera in camera is key to driving safely in traffic and the interior has held up wonderfully w/ 2 kids. The ONLY negative is gas mileage. We get about 16.7 miles per gallon, which isn't bad for a crossover though not easy on the wallet."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reason: needed a lower payment

Pros: "everything"

"The traverse got really good gas mileage for an suv. It was so roomy and comfortable inside and beautiful on the outside as well. It is the perfect family vehicle. There is plenty of room for everybody to fit comfortably, as well as plenty of room for everyone's stuff!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Traverse near Honolulu. See local deals