• 2014 Compact SUVs

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I love this vehicle.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, smooth ride, sturdy"

Cons: "purchase price, cost of new tires"

"Roomy enough for extremely big and tall passengers in front and back and hauls a lot. Teenage children even like it and want to drive it. Really, my most dependable car ever. With the extreme weather (winter of 2014), I commute at least one hour daily. This vehicle never fails to get me to and from my destinations safely. Holds it's value, always have offers to buy it. Pretty decent on gas mileage. Only downside for buyers is cost, but in this case, you will get what you pay for. I highly recommend!"

its roomy 24mpg,comfortable

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Reason: wife wants a mustang

Pros: "dependability,room,comfort,fuel milage"

Cons: "price!"

"it has served its purpose with dependability,comfort,and 24mpg.the grandkids enjoy watching their movies.the Bose system is great,its an attractive suv with more than enough power to do whatever you need,as a family vehicle.with remote start its nice to get in on those cold mornings with the heated seats and dual climate control.color is red jewel matallic with grey leather interior,with dual sunroofs."

Amazing experience

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "The safety features are the biggest selling point"

Cons: "New ones are getting more expensive"

"We got caught in our recent ice/snow event. We live atop a mountain and the road getting there is steep and curvy and I was terrified that we would not be able to get home. My husband has a multitude of health issues and we needed to be home. As we approached the first part of the climb, we noticed many cars parked and abandoned and we hadn't even gotten to the really hard part. People were walking and I could envision us trying to make that last 2 miles up the mountain on foot. Scary thought! My husband, however, dropped the transmission into low and we got up the first incline, crossed the very icy bridge and as we came to the second and steeper climb, cars were littered all over the side and the middle of the road. Not ever changing speed, he manoeuvered around a Mustang in the center of the road, got us up to the top of the mountain where the road leveled off. Dozens of people were walking and we stopped to pick up a mother and her two young children. Back moving again, we never lost traction even as we descended into our S/D and navigated a very sharp curve on the decline. We got to our house and our passengers made the trip to theirs two doors away on foot. I was so relieved that I was shaking. I attribute our successful journey not just to my husband's expert handling, but more to the AWD, stabili-trak/abs and weight of the vehicle. Most everyone who I have told this story to is in awe that while 4WD vehicles were stranded everywhere, our car got us home. It took us about 30 minutes from the time we got to the mountain base to home. I hope that AWD becomes a standard feature on your vehicles in the near future. This 'adventure' was nothing short of amazing. Our friends, OTOH, spent 8 hours trying to go 9 miles in their mini-van and finally had to walk the last mile to their house because of the icy roads. And they don't even live on the slightest hill."

Poor quality for a Chevy. Hind sight is 20/20.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "none..it's just an average SUV. Nothing special."

Cons: "Quality, visibility, durability."

"This car has had too many problems in the first 3 years. Initially, the alignment went way out at 22000 miles. The water pump seized up at 50,000 miles. All maintenance was, and is up to date. Now, at 60,000 miles, the power steering is going out. There has always been noise coming from the suspension - and of course, the Chevy techs can't seem to find with it is. Power window buttons work when they want to. I've looked at them, cleaned the contacts and had the motors tested. Not sure what the problem is. It's just one thing after another. I won't go into value, since I live in Hawaii. Everything is over priced here. As far as driving, I didn't notice the visibility issues on the test drive. The A pillars are to wide and obstruct you view to the front passenger 45 degrees. The tiny rear side windows also contribute to ta huge blind spot when looking back. Would I recommend this vehicle to a friend...no. Should Chevy redesign it and up the quality?...YES."

leasing

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Safe. Comfortable. Quiet. Nice ride height. Smooth"

"So far so good but then again it only has under 2000 miles on it. I've had it 2 months. I'm leasing this because I just get tired of a car at about 3 yrs time. I have a 16 yr old Lincoln Town Car for cruising and this Traverse for reliability. Made it's first more intense that usual winter with no problem in the snow and it's not 4 wheel drive either. Very comfortable to drive. Safe comfortable interior. Very quiet. Smooth. It does use some gas, but I knew that before I got it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Traverse near Honolulu. See local deals