• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Ouch...

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cons: "Too many issues..."

"My mother has owned this vehicle for a little under three years... We have had multiple issues with it, including but not limited to: Engine replacement, Main Oil Seal break, Washer Fluid Pumps not working, and multiple recalls for major safety defects. At this point I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, even though my family and I are huge GM advocates..."

Traverse is a solid vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in all weather"

Cons: "Difficult to manage DVD controls from front seat"

"Great vehicle that meets all of our needs, and surpasses our expectations with quality and safety. Comfortably seats 7 passengers, but we primarily use it for our two kids, dog AND cargo."

Best hauler on the market people who all the extra

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, fun with the family."

Cons: "I can haul hay or dirt in this. Need chev truck."

"2011 Chev Traverse 2LT option package that is pearl white with Gray leather interior, fully carpeted auto transmission, full gauges on the dash, hand free Bluetooth phone connection, on star with turn by turn directions, XM premium radio with Bose speakers and CD player in the dash. Climate control, remote start, keyless entry, 20" chrome shells with Bridgestone tires. Third row seating. Love this car, but now have to have a hauler of other things for the ranch."

Serves it's purpose

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"I needed a vehicle that had additional seating but did not want a minivan. After looking at several other makes/models I decided the Traverse was going to be the best value for what I wanted and needed. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior design but the inside is very nice and also roomy. It's a nice riding vehicle when compared to a Trail Blazer or Envoy but not as nice/smooth of a ride as with a Buick LaCross. Knock on wood - I haven't had a single issue with it. As far as fuel economy I would say it's pretty average. I do a lot of city stop and go driving and average about 18mpg."

Very good value for the money!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive on long trips"

Cons: "Side visibility is not the greatest; poor design"

"Very reliable and extremely comfortable to drive. Very quiet ride and easy handling despite the size. Visibility to the sides from the driver is not the greatest and have to use the convex mirrors for safety. Overall, our Traverse is very good and the appearance is great. We ordered with Diamond White paint as an upgrade with nice alloy wheels and we get many compliments on the look. Would recommend highly as new or used vehicle."

Good vehicle for it's price.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cons: "Headrests are very uncomfortable."

"We bought it Nov. 2013 with a tow package. We tow a light weight camper. While the gas mileage isn't that great while under tow (we expected that)it isn't to bad either. We have been very pleased with this vehicle. Our grandson (who is 6'7") can fit in it. Carries 8 easily and he is one of those 8."

Absolute nightmare, don't buy!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I got zero percent financing and good trade value on my old car plus price was listed $4,000 below sticker, no brainer right? I'll start with the good since it is a short list. I thought the interior looked classy although the fit and finish is nowhere as good as my old Acura MDX. I needed a third row seat and liked that it offers the two captains chairs in the back for easy access to the third row especially with two car seats and a third older child. I like that there is still a decent amount of room behind the third row even with them upright. The hatch opening is a bit smaller than my old MDX and thus limits cargo size on the occasion that I have to move something big. Second row seats are very awkward and difficult to move into the full forward or down position. Ride is super quiet even at highway speeds and smooth too. Steering on the highway seems loose and I must constantly correct inputs to keep it pointed straight. Power is decent especially for a small V6 on a relatively heavy SUV although shifting still feels odd and seems as if there is a delay between romping the gas pedal and the reaction of the drive train. The touch screen requires a heavy touch to activate a control and causes a distraction while driving. Also, the moon roof only provides a mesh cover and fails to keep the sun from completely heating the interior. Stereo sounds great but XM is constantly losing the signal, don't know if it is satellite related or just poor antenna design. Also, navigation seems to be late call directions which can cause you to miss turns. Now the real problems. Oil low level sensor was faulty on delivery of the car. They had to drop the whole motor for a total of almost six days of labor to change a simple switch because GM didn't have seal to fit it. Power passenger mirror that is supposed to tilt down when in reverse fails to return to the upright position intermittently. Dealer says they could not duplicate the problem and has since not returned. After picking up vehicle the left hand turn signal and brake light does not work on my trailers, tried both trailers I own and both have same problem, problem is probably located in vehicle wiring. Then tonight, the front collision alert camera stopped working and the vehicle is telling me to service it. The driver's seat rocks back and forth and is getting progressively worse, another item to be serviced. I also noticed a small hole in the bottom of the primary muffler, I don't know if its supposed to be there but there is exhaust gas escaping from it under the center of the vehicle, this can't be good for occupants and to top it off the alignment has been off since day one. The build quality of this vehicle is atrocious, I wish I never bought it and will have to now bring it back for more warranty work. Chevy did pay for one months car payment but it will no way make up for this. They have forever left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably never buy another one again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a vehicle."

Will go anywhere

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "The AWD is superior to any 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "The seats really need some work"

"Only complaint is the interior is so cheap looking and uncomfortable for passengers"

Car is comfortable, easy to handle

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Great for large family, very comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "seat belts are hard to latch"

"Large enough to seat 7 people..skinny people in back. Runs like a dream, Gas mileage not so great. Very good car."

Perfect Car in Every Aspect!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, easy to drive, nice interior, etc."

Cons: "Uncomfortable for long trips"

"We got our family's Chevy Traverse brand new in 2009. It was the first time either my husband or I had bought a car brand new, so we were skeptics. However, 5 years later and our traverse is good as new! Never once have had ANY problems. Runs smoothly, quietly, and is easy to handle. The only problem we have with it is minor and relates to the LS model, but the seats are not the most comfortable, and the seat belt buckles don't go down so squeezing 8 people can be painful! Other than that, we have not had a single problem. Other families even tell us how much they envy our SUV! LOVE IT! Would recommend to anyone!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Traverse near Honolulu. See local deals