2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

8.2

Based on 1827 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "trying hard here- looks good"

Cons: "Worst quality ever"

"This has been the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. Just about everything has gone wrong- and GM refused to fix a major defect while under warranty. I was forced to take GM to arbitration and won my case. I have replaced the front differential (very expensive), a tie rod end, a front sway bar end link (twice), a rear sway bar end link, a window motor assembly, a four wheel drive encoder switch (warranty, took three trips to the dealer to diagnose that one), headlamp relay, front CV half-shaft, leaking A/C (warranty), radiator, water pump (twice), alternator (twice), battery (twice), intake manifold gaskets, oil pressure sending unit, radiator fan clutch, and a recall repair on the rear door latches in addition to the typical maintenance (belts, brakes, rotors, shocks and struts), rattling sail panels (used silicone caulk to fix), heater control valve, and throttle body. All my windows have vertical scratches in them from the dew strips scratching them up (see TSB 04-08-64-012C). The fan clutch ticks like a time bomb (See TSB 05-06-02-004). The shift from 1-2 feels like someone is kicking you in the butt (See TSB 07-07-30-024 or 01-07-30-030A). So these are all known issues that others are also having. I have owned GM cars all of my life, but this was the last."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, looks great"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love this car!! It looks great, inside and out. It's so comfortable! I love how it drives and handles- it's a very smooth ride. Not a fan of the gas mileage, but everything else is great! Minor repairs since I've owned it- there is a factory recall on elecrtical panel in the door, but the dealer will fix it free of charge. This is a great SUV!"

This is my baby!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

"I love my truck...its always been there for me through thick and thin. Its sort of a gas pig, but in 5 1/2 years, I've put on close to 70k, and only had to replace the tires, wipers, and the fan clutch. Thats American made."

I got a lemon

By on Saturday, September 20, 2008

"This vehicle has been problems since day one! Bought it brand new and the first year it was back at the dealers every month for a mechanical problem. (I had a loaner 1 week out of each month for the first year) Not to mention little things like the door trim which still slides down in warm weather. Had to have the 4 wheel drive redone as it would jump into 4-wheel drive on it's own while turning. Never enough of the same problem to make a claim. Just a lot of EXPENSIVE repairs, and I am still having problems, now have to replace the heating modal and I haven't had air for over a year because it is in the roof and again very expensive to repair. The only "good thing" is it is paid for....many times over."

Satisfied Chevy Customer

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"My 2002 LT Trailblazer had 120,000 miles on it when I traded it in this week. Through 100,000 miles nothing significant went wrong. Since then the 4 wheel drive went out, needing a control module (dealer quote $500) and the airconditioning got unreliable a few times. But all in all, a great ride for 6 years. The LT drove so much smoother than the LS I tested back in 2002, and the ride was still quiet and luxurious when I traded it in this week. And what did I trade it in for? A new 2008 Trailblazer, taking advantage of the Employee Pricing and $6000 cash back."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet TrailBlazer near Honolulu. See local deals