2013 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,846 - $38,343.

10/7.5

Based on 510 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best SUV I have ever owned

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "very dependable, great for road trips!"

Cons: "none I have found"

"I bought my 2001 Tahoe LT from the dealer as a manufactures rep. SUV with 4800 miles on it and have loved it ever since. Not really very much has ever gone wrong with it."

Familiarity Breeds Affection

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

Pros: "A complete package with few wants."

Cons: "For a 'full-boat' LTZ mine has no 120V outlet."

Diamond 'White-Out'

"I've recently purchased a 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ rendered in a White Diamond Tricoat paint-scheme and trimmed with light and dark cashmere interior. I had previously owned a 2011 Tahoe LTZ (in Black) which I sold to a family member so I have basis for the observations and musings that I'll post here. My new LTZ has the presence, stature and utility which prompted me to purchase two vehicles of this type in a relatively short period of time. Dating to 2006 I've also owned a GMC Yukon Denali that was also quite good-looking with a sumptuous ride and was similarly sized and laid-out as my Tahoe. GM's been building this current body-style of SUV since early '06 and those were designated as 2007 models. Having been in production for quite some time now has afforded the opportunity to fine-tune the concept and tweak it to near-perfection. My 2012 Tahoe LTZ feels very taut and refined and handles with precision. It is near-luxury if not luxury itself and pampers me with heated/cooled seats, a state-of-the-art DVD-based Navigation Radio w/a built-in 30 Gig hard drive for storing favorite songs and audio books, a heated steering wheel, a Side Blind Zone Alert array and Rear Parking Assist w/Rear View Camera. Having lived with my new Tahoe LTZ for just a short time allows for no ugliness to yet have surfaced and as I'm cleaning the vehicle I have noted the impeccable fitment of all of the interior and exterior bits, pieces and panels as well as flawless paint. The White Diamond color catches the light just right and lends the LTZ a different, appealing look for every time of day and it seems to glow as lambent topaz at sunrise and sunset. Accessing the maze of some tightly-wound Interstate on-ramps is no problem for this Tahoe LTZ equipped with the 20 inch wheels, 11 inch-wide Bridgestone Dueller tires and self-leveling (rear) Autoride Suspension. I do not drive it as I would a Corvette yet the LTZ handles very smartly within its advertized parameters of usage. This large vehicle can merge safely into the flow of Interstate traffic with the best of 'em. The longest trip, thus far, has returned highway mileage of 25 MPG observed in going point-to-point from near Princeton, NJ, to Woodbury, NJ, in taking a loved one to an appointment with a specialist some 57 miles distant from our home. All good things seem to meet in this fine package which pleases me. The compliments which of received for this new vehicle in this particular paint-scheme are gratifying. People genuinely seem drawn to comment to me as to how much they like it. No doubt I've attempted to 'wax eloquent' in my (gushing) review of a vehicle which I have had but a short time. Down the road I would expect to be interested in the next-generation of GM's full-sized SUVs which is about to go from drafting table and into production early in 2013. I do not feel as though I'll be 'deprived' driving this Tahoe LTZ when the new ones hit the streets because as I still see many, many examples of the previous body-style on the roadways and they seem contemporary and 'smart' looking to me still."

Diamond 'White-Out'

Excellent vehicle, first large vehicle.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear brakes are a drum/disc combination"

"This is the first full size vehicle i have ever owned. I bought it with 78,000 miles on it and it has been awsome except for one thing. The transmission went out at 96,000 miles. Come to find out this is a common problem in 07 and newer GM vehicles and it typically happens around 100,000 miles. I had it rebuilt with better aftermarket parts and haven't had another problem since. The ride is smooth, drove it from california to north carolina recently and it was such and easy drive in this car. All the interior controls are easy to use and easy to reach. The adjustable pedals allow for my very short wife to be able to drive the car without sitting on the steering wheel. It makes great power and has great gas mileage for such a large vehicle, i average about 15-18 mpg around town and got about 24 mpg driving across country. It has a ton of room inside."

What a great Family Truckster

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, holds everybody & everything, comfy"

Cons: "Lacks cup holders in the 3rd row seat area on RHS"

"This has been an excellent, reliable for the long haul. Easy to park, fun to drive, and has lots of get up and go. I would buy Tahoes over and over..., this is my second in 10 years."

great vehicle for the purpose

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

"180K miles and going stong. no major problems. some minor issues but at 6 years old nothing our of the ordinary. gas mileage 15 in city 19 on highway. works great for running around, pulling the boat, or loading up buddies to hit the road for hunting or golf. plenty of room for gear and people. didn't get 3rd row seats in this Z71. miss those sometimes but they were awkward to use or store. no kids to worry about now. may have to go back to a suburban when grandkids come along. i get offers to sell it all the time from friends who want a reialable vehicle for their kids."