2012 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 550 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great reliability and power

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and never quits"

Cons: "Needs a fold flat third row seat."

"Ive owned this truck since new and in four years I've only done tires and brakes. Normal oil service and nothing else. It runs 100% and has never broken down. Does everything you ask of it. My only gripe is I wish the third row folded flat. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Rides like a car on the highway and gets 19 on long trips. Can't go wrong with this truck"

Best vehicle in bad weather

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Handling, ride, power"

"Bought this vehicle new and have always loved driving it. Rides great, incredibly solid, great power."

Tahoe #2 in 14 years LOVE it

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "great driving, comfortable traveling, reliable,"

Cons: "fuel usage (16 mpg), limited luggage space"

"Our family needs were met with two Tahoes. Loved the space, and comfort of leather seats, in addition the sound systems in both were awesome, TV in the 2007 entertained our kids on road trips! We had no major malfuntions with either Tahoe! Enjoyed the bucket seat change in the middle with '07 model but third row has very little leg room for older children. Only thing I wish would change is the 3rd row seat-wish it folded into the floor or something like Ford's because it is a pain to remove them and leave them at home when traveling. If we didn't remove it we had to use a luggage rack!!!"

The best vehicle I ever owned!`

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roominess, great ride,"

Cons: "mileage from fuel"

"I can honestly say this has been the best vehicle I ever owned. It has proven to be more reliable than the 2008 foreign sedan the dealer bought back from us with around 20,000 miles. My 2002 Tahoe has at least 122,000 miles & "solid as a rock." We have really enjoyed it & are seeking an offer we cannot refuse for another one. I have been so impressed with the reliability and handling of this Tahoe. We most definitely would LOVE to own another one."

Good, Bad, and Ugly!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Features...lots of great options. Smooth ride!"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, Terrible NAV system. Pricey."

"We bought the 2011 Tahoe brand new with all of the options. We love the side blind alert system. If you have never had this feature, you will soon see the value of it. This is the roomiest vehicle we have ever owned. We love the air conditioned and heated seats. The sound systems is good. Not GREAT but very good. I like that I can fold in the mirrors with the push of a button...close/open the hatch with the push of a button. It drives very smooth for such a large vehicle. We love having the ability to start this thing in the drive way before we have to get into it. The rear camera for backing it GOOD. Takes some getting used to but I really like it! I like the vehicle reports I get from the OnStar subscription. Good stuff! However, you can expect some ugly gas mileage. They tout a 21 mpg highway rating. I am pretty sure that was all measured down hill. You can expect an average 16.5 mpg in this bus. I went with their advertised 21mpg rating that's the main reason I was looking at this vehicle. Not very honest Chevrolet! That's ugly! Now for the BAD. The navigation system. The navigation system in this thing is the worst I have ever used. I have used Tom Toms and Garmins...etc. All much better than this piece of junk. It is NOT user friendly. To top it off, every time I have to go out to the vehilce to get something out of it...I open the door of the Tahoe and what do I hear? The CD in the NAV system spinning up. Why? Trying to search for a point of interest...for instance...Walmart nearest you may yield one 500 miles away. Over time, I am getting better at using this thing but have cussed it and have learned quickly to HATE the NAV system in this vehicle to the point that I would NOT recommend the vehicle to anyone who wants a good NAV system. (I would not buy this vehicle again simply based on this feature) The OnStar system is the only saving grace. I have had to use them a hand full of times when the NAV system became just too much for me to deal with. (And I am a very technical person - Computer support for 30 years. I hate technology that is not user friendly) My understanding is that the 2012 Tahoe has a different NAV system in it. It is one of the FEW things they changed on the 2011 model. Hmmm...wish the dealer had shared."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals