2010 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 550 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Good, Bad, and Ugly!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Features...lots of great options. Smooth ride!"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, Terrible NAV system. Pricey."

"We bought the 2011 Tahoe brand new with all of the options. We love the side blind alert system. If you have never had this feature, you will soon see the value of it. This is the roomiest vehicle we have ever owned. We love the air conditioned and heated seats. The sound systems is good. Not GREAT but very good. I like that I can fold in the mirrors with the push of a button...close/open the hatch with the push of a button. It drives very smooth for such a large vehicle. We love having the ability to start this thing in the drive way before we have to get into it. The rear camera for backing it GOOD. Takes some getting used to but I really like it! I like the vehicle reports I get from the OnStar subscription. Good stuff! However, you can expect some ugly gas mileage. They tout a 21 mpg highway rating. I am pretty sure that was all measured down hill. You can expect an average 16.5 mpg in this bus. I went with their advertised 21mpg rating that's the main reason I was looking at this vehicle. Not very honest Chevrolet! That's ugly! Now for the BAD. The navigation system. The navigation system in this thing is the worst I have ever used. I have used Tom Toms and Garmins...etc. All much better than this piece of junk. It is NOT user friendly. To top it off, every time I have to go out to the vehilce to get something out of it...I open the door of the Tahoe and what do I hear? The CD in the NAV system spinning up. Why? Trying to search for a point of interest...for instance...Walmart nearest you may yield one 500 miles away. Over time, I am getting better at using this thing but have cussed it and have learned quickly to HATE the NAV system in this vehicle to the point that I would NOT recommend the vehicle to anyone who wants a good NAV system. (I would not buy this vehicle again simply based on this feature) The OnStar system is the only saving grace. I have had to use them a hand full of times when the NAV system became just too much for me to deal with. (And I am a very technical person - Computer support for 30 years. I hate technology that is not user friendly) My understanding is that the 2012 Tahoe has a different NAV system in it. It is one of the FEW things they changed on the 2011 model. Hmmm...wish the dealer had shared."

My 2009 Chevy Tahoe

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I purchased my 09' Tahoe in October 2009. I was very skeptical at first, mainly cause of price, and the fact that it might not fit into my garage. However, after the test drive I was sold on it. I get more looks, and stares from people than I've ever got from people in any vehicle I've ever owned. I have the Blue Granite, with ebony interior. One of my closest friends is in love with the thing. Gas is pricey, so if someone is looking for a great vehicle and worried about gas, don't buy a Tahoe. It gets decent gas milage, but if you're not willing to pay the price for having a great vehicle don't purchase a Tahoe. I'm looking forward to having my Tahoe for years, and years to come."

Worth Every Penny

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I have been a long time Japanese car (specifically Honda) owner. I've always been weary of American cars which made this initial purchase of a Chevy Tahoe so difficult for me. I knew I wanted this car based on styling and great reviews but had never rid in or test driven only at the time of purchase. I bought a used 07 Tahoe, dark blue metallic, and it has been a true joy. Although it is my weekend car, I try to find every moment I can to take it out for a drive. It handles like a car and provides me with all the ammenities I need. Cons: For a really expensive vehicle, they could have done a better job on some finishes: (ex. plastic trims around exterior windows, plastic interior door handles, cup holder in center console, no loose change holder, or cigarette lighter (i don't smoke but would be nice to have an igniter). And yes, the car is thirsty. Very thirsty. I can literally see the gauge move!!! But apparently it gets similar mileage to other smaller SUVs, so I'm trying to look the other way. Overall - It's my favorite toy and it's made me really happy and I would like to say I'm finally in the Tahoe fanclub."

Very Disappointed

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I wish I could say I was happy with the truck. I have had issues with the battery since 5000 miles. It has been in the shop 5+ times and they have yet to figure out why it is dying. This truck has left myself and 3 children stranded too many times to count. I really hope they work out the bugs soon otherwise this truck is history. I have lost all trust and confidence in it and never want to drive it anymore =("

Love this SUV - best in class

By on Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, easy to drive, fast"

Cons: "wish it was a little better than 17 MPG"

"This is our 6th Tahoe and we are about to buy another one - love this SUV, definitely best in class."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals