2009 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 549 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best dependability vehicle ever owned

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Maneuverability, solid as a rock, quiet interior."

Cons: "Wind does affect at 40mph or higher."

"At 125,000 miles it has never failed me, rides very comfortable, very quiet interior, withstood rough roads, and gas mileage is way ahead for its years."

Never ceases to AMAZE!

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"The car feels solid, looks gorgeous and knocks the socks off the European SUVs. (I was a repeat Volvo owner and the second I test drove GM SUVs, I was converted!) I should mention that I am a petite driver and this is the ONE SUV that was *easy* for me to handle. Adjustable pedals, supremely customizable seats and a back-up camera in addition to good visibility makes this a great ride for this small-driver with big needs from my vehicle. I have towed a trailer behind it and would hardly know it was there! The automatic suspension adjustment in the tow package was fabulous! I have driven it on icy roads using the "auto" feature switching between 2-4WD, and have gotten some seriousl use out of the On-Star navigation. Since I love the driver's seat so much, I can't say a word about the DVD system beyond that I know it's there. We have all had way too much fun looking out the window and hearing the flex-fueled engine sound like a jet as we pack the Tahoe full of adventurous teens. Great family rig, fabulous for REAL utility, and all-around least-likely purchase to cause buyer's remorse. Sure, I wish it got 50MPG, but then it would look like a Prius and be useless when I stock-up at the Costco. ;) Ahh - one more thing - BUY THE RECTRACTIBLE RUNNING BOARDS...keeps your clearance high and impresses the heck outta the teenagers, so they will actually drive with you. Shoot - I forgot to mention the Bose sound... but, do I have to? It's Bose. How about the automatic volume adjustment based upon the speed of the Tahoe?! Also a fan of the many day-to-day safety features - homelink, perimeter lighting, panic button/car finder. The interior styling - leather, woodgrain accents, plenty of room and shockingly luxurious details all around without an ounce of pretentiousness. Yeah, I know...Volvo who?"

I would buy a third if needed

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "Ride, layout, space, power and comfort"

Cons: "I would say mpg but its an SUV not a compact car"

"I bought a 2007 and loved it to death. Got bored with it and wanted to upgrade. Trade it in and got 2009 black on black LTZ tahoe. The ride is better and quiet. Bluetooth is my favorite. This is the only SUV I will ever buy. Big and great for trips. Nav added traffic and suspension changes makes the ride smoother. Heated and cooled seats."

Love this

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "no cons to me"

"This is a wonderful product. Never had any trouble with it,it drives great.Good gas mileage.Can take the back sets out for more space.The gold color is easy to keep clean,"

2008 Tahoe Z71 LTZ

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"With needing room for 2 car seats, the room is great. The DVD player is decent quality, no complaints from 1yr and 2yr old kids. Smooth ride, quite inside. Average gas tank fill up here in Georgia runs about $75. We certainly are happy with this purchase."

Great SUV, the SUV of my dream.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Trouble free, fun to drive, lots of cargo space."

Cons: "Cost was rather high."

"From the first time I drove my Tahoe I fell in love, it handles like a car. The ride is very comfortable and the features are wonderful. I have not had any mechanical problems and except replacing tires and brakes once, it has been trouble free."

Tahoe #2 in 14 years LOVE it

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "great driving, comfortable traveling, reliable,"

Cons: "fuel usage (16 mpg), limited luggage space"

"Our family needs were met with two Tahoes. Loved the space, and comfort of leather seats, in addition the sound systems in both were awesome, TV in the 2007 entertained our kids on road trips! We had no major malfuntions with either Tahoe! Enjoyed the bucket seat change in the middle with '07 model but third row has very little leg room for older children. Only thing I wish would change is the 3rd row seat-wish it folded into the floor or something like Ford's because it is a pain to remove them and leave them at home when traveling. If we didn't remove it we had to use a luggage rack!!!"

The best vehicle I ever owned!`

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roominess, great ride,"

Cons: "mileage from fuel"

"I can honestly say this has been the best vehicle I ever owned. It has proven to be more reliable than the 2008 foreign sedan the dealer bought back from us with around 20,000 miles. My 2002 Tahoe has at least 122,000 miles & "solid as a rock." We have really enjoyed it & are seeking an offer we cannot refuse for another one. I have been so impressed with the reliability and handling of this Tahoe. We most definitely would LOVE to own another one."

Great reliability and power

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and never quits"

Cons: "Needs a fold flat third row seat."

"Ive owned this truck since new and in four years I've only done tires and brakes. Normal oil service and nothing else. It runs 100% and has never broken down. Does everything you ask of it. My only gripe is I wish the third row folded flat. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Rides like a car on the highway and gets 19 on long trips. Can't go wrong with this truck"

Best vehicle in bad weather

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Handling, ride, power"

"Bought this vehicle new and have always loved driving it. Rides great, incredibly solid, great power."

Good, Bad, and Ugly!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Features...lots of great options. Smooth ride!"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, Terrible NAV system. Pricey."

"We bought the 2011 Tahoe brand new with all of the options. We love the side blind alert system. If you have never had this feature, you will soon see the value of it. This is the roomiest vehicle we have ever owned. We love the air conditioned and heated seats. The sound systems is good. Not GREAT but very good. I like that I can fold in the mirrors with the push of a button...close/open the hatch with the push of a button. It drives very smooth for such a large vehicle. We love having the ability to start this thing in the drive way before we have to get into it. The rear camera for backing it GOOD. Takes some getting used to but I really like it! I like the vehicle reports I get from the OnStar subscription. Good stuff! However, you can expect some ugly gas mileage. They tout a 21 mpg highway rating. I am pretty sure that was all measured down hill. You can expect an average 16.5 mpg in this bus. I went with their advertised 21mpg rating that's the main reason I was looking at this vehicle. Not very honest Chevrolet! That's ugly! Now for the BAD. The navigation system. The navigation system in this thing is the worst I have ever used. I have used Tom Toms and Garmins...etc. All much better than this piece of junk. It is NOT user friendly. To top it off, every time I have to go out to the vehilce to get something out of it...I open the door of the Tahoe and what do I hear? The CD in the NAV system spinning up. Why? Trying to search for a point of interest...for instance...Walmart nearest you may yield one 500 miles away. Over time, I am getting better at using this thing but have cussed it and have learned quickly to HATE the NAV system in this vehicle to the point that I would NOT recommend the vehicle to anyone who wants a good NAV system. (I would not buy this vehicle again simply based on this feature) The OnStar system is the only saving grace. I have had to use them a hand full of times when the NAV system became just too much for me to deal with. (And I am a very technical person - Computer support for 30 years. I hate technology that is not user friendly) My understanding is that the 2012 Tahoe has a different NAV system in it. It is one of the FEW things they changed on the 2011 model. Hmmm...wish the dealer had shared."

My 2009 Chevy Tahoe

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I purchased my 09' Tahoe in October 2009. I was very skeptical at first, mainly cause of price, and the fact that it might not fit into my garage. However, after the test drive I was sold on it. I get more looks, and stares from people than I've ever got from people in any vehicle I've ever owned. I have the Blue Granite, with ebony interior. One of my closest friends is in love with the thing. Gas is pricey, so if someone is looking for a great vehicle and worried about gas, don't buy a Tahoe. It gets decent gas milage, but if you're not willing to pay the price for having a great vehicle don't purchase a Tahoe. I'm looking forward to having my Tahoe for years, and years to come."

Worth Every Penny

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I have been a long time Japanese car (specifically Honda) owner. I've always been weary of American cars which made this initial purchase of a Chevy Tahoe so difficult for me. I knew I wanted this car based on styling and great reviews but had never rid in or test driven only at the time of purchase. I bought a used 07 Tahoe, dark blue metallic, and it has been a true joy. Although it is my weekend car, I try to find every moment I can to take it out for a drive. It handles like a car and provides me with all the ammenities I need. Cons: For a really expensive vehicle, they could have done a better job on some finishes: (ex. plastic trims around exterior windows, plastic interior door handles, cup holder in center console, no loose change holder, or cigarette lighter (i don't smoke but would be nice to have an igniter). And yes, the car is thirsty. Very thirsty. I can literally see the gauge move!!! But apparently it gets similar mileage to other smaller SUVs, so I'm trying to look the other way. Overall - It's my favorite toy and it's made me really happy and I would like to say I'm finally in the Tahoe fanclub."

Very Disappointed

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I wish I could say I was happy with the truck. I have had issues with the battery since 5000 miles. It has been in the shop 5+ times and they have yet to figure out why it is dying. This truck has left myself and 3 children stranded too many times to count. I really hope they work out the bugs soon otherwise this truck is history. I have lost all trust and confidence in it and never want to drive it anymore =("

Love this SUV - best in class

By on Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, easy to drive, fast"

Cons: "wish it was a little better than 17 MPG"

"This is our 6th Tahoe and we are about to buy another one - love this SUV, definitely best in class."

Just love my Tahoe

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "Well built, reliable, power, towing, comfort"

"2008 Z71 Tahoe with 105,000 miles. Love this truck! We tow a large RV and I must say I have nothing but praise for the Tahoe's abilities. It is very reliable and comfortable. Despite the size of this truck, it is very maneuverable and has a tight turning radius, making it easy to park. Fuel economy is good for this class. I average 18.5mpg combined city/hwy on regular fuel. Running on E85 fuel economy drops to 12-13 Mpg, and this more than offsets any savings by using E85. Otherwise, the truck is solid and well built. I would not hesitate to buy another Tahoe, and will likely do so shortly as I like the current body style, which will change next model year."

This Tahoe has been great.......not like the 2003.

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage still an issue..hate prius!"

"Driven this Tahoe since 2008 and it has never let us down...runs great and it still looks fine!!! Great improvement since 2003!!"

127,000 mi and love it

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "handling,power,mpg,comfort"

"extremely comfortable and easy handling on road or in traffic. Interior, leather, still like new. Must be real leather. Never had leatherette feel or wear like this. Plenty of power and even with the hi mileage am still getting 16 1/2 mpg and that's mostly local city driving. Has same bells and whistles as my 06 escalade at considerable less money. Will probably trade it around 200,000 mi for a new one."

sharp!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"The Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I have owned--hands down. It's very luxurious, with lots of features. The backup sensor is amazing. If anyone who is thinking of getting this SUV-get it and you will not be disappointed."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Very spacious and well designed."

Cons: "Third row seat"

"The Tahoe Hybrid is a wonderful vehicle. Gas mileage in the city is 21 and up to 26 on the highway. Plenty of power as you cannot even tell when you're pulling a boat (V8, 6.0 Liter Engine). I got the extra suspension package and you hardly feel any bumps on the road as it just floats along. The only complaint that I have is the third row seat. I go to the gym everyday but the third row seats are very heavy and hard to carry. It seems when I have the seats in, I need the cargo space or vice versa. Other than that, all of the feature are very nice and this is a spacious and well engineered vehicle."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Looks"

Cons: "Price"

"I have owned Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Land Rover, and 4 Jeep products. My 2012 Tahoe beats them all. I got black on black, it's very sharp. I'm a pretty big guy, 6ft and 245 lbs, and it's the only vehicle I could find that I was always comfortable in. My wife loves it, although she didn't love the price tag! I plan to tow my boat, and I'm sure there won't be any issues towing, the engine is very powerful. I have the fuel management system, so it often goes in to 4cyl mode and I get great gas mileage. I love the car, you will too!"

Great family car and long trip hauler.

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Take this car on a 500 mile family trip and you won't be disappointed. Gas mileage on the highway was around 22 for a SUV of this size is remarkable. It carries everything!"

Drives Great!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Great for long Trips!"

"I have an LT Mocha Steel with Regional Package and I love! I am very happy with my purchase and love and 4cyl/8cyl mode to save me on gas. I did however remove the third row seats which save 115 pounds of total weigh if any one was wondering."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, trouble free and reliable"

Cons: "Not the best gas milage but compared to other big SUV's pretty good. Better on the highway."

"I have 135,000 on my 07 Tahoe LT3. Loaded except rear buckets"

Just bought my third Tahoe/Suburban

By on Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pros: "Extreme comfort. Higher than the average vehicle on the road."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Best for traveling long distances. It just doesn't get any better or more comfortable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals