2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 510 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Miserable mileage, 12mpg and the truck stops you

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "lots of amenities"

Cons: "Horrible mileage, ride is jittery"

"Tahoe LTZ 4X4 Lots of amenities, smells like plastic. 20 inch wheels feel like stilts. Engine has no torque, 3000 to 4000 RPMs is the norm then the truck stops your forward motion. Dealership stated that is the normal. Bogs down, lumbers, stalls at slow speed to near stop then recovers in 1st gear, only to scream at 4000 rpms to get back to 35 mph. I want my 2003 Z71 back. It was 10 times a truck as this big oversized CAR, it is not a truck! Per GMC towing capacity is 3600, not 8500"

Excellent Vehicle! Best Ride EVER!!

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, looks, and practibility"

Cons: "NONE"

"I purchased my 2007 Tahoe LTZ brand new with 4 miles on it. I have loved every road trip and every mile to and from work. The ride is amazing and all the bells and whistles never get old! I would buy another but nothing is wrong with mine, just came out with a new body style. I just was given a take home vehicle at work and will not need it any longer. So she is up for sale now."

In the shop numerous times thank god for warranty

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"This vehicle had a new engine put in at approx. 10000 miles and it was downhill from there literally in the dealer shop 20+ times. Truly wanted this vehicle to be great if only decent and completely disappointed."

Exceptional Full Size SUV

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Truck drives almost as nicely as a large car. On the road due to raised position visibility is great. Good acceleration at start and between 50-80mph when trying to pass cars on 2 lane roads. Numerous thoughtful and useful interior items, storage spaces, rear seat fold up, 2 methods for lowering rear door, etc."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great looking, great cargo capacity, smooth ride"

"This review is about a: 2007 Tahoe | Z71 | 4wd | LT | I bought my 2007 Tahoe used with roughly 38,000 miles in it. I've now owned it for 5 years, and it has been a phenomenal vehicle. I always feel very safe when I'm in my Tahoe. It's been in the shop a grand total of 2 times in that 5 year span. Once for a brake issue and an air-bag sensor issue (the air-bag sensor issue was my fault...tried to store something under the drivers seat and damaged something to do with the sensor). And the most recent trip to the shop was a repair job for the wheel bearings. That happened at about 139,000 miles. The two front bearings had to be replaced. The Tahoe has been religiously maintained. I'm rarely late for an oil change, filter check, or alignment check etc. I love the Bose speakers. It's a very nice sound system. Yes, there are a lot louder sound systems out there, but the Bose system that comes on the Tahoe is very good. The leather has held up very well. The seats still look very new. The dash did crack about two years ago. It's a small one inch crack that runs beside the passenger air-bag. It's kind of annoying, but it's a small thing. The only other negative thing that I've noticed is finish has chipped off some on the buttons for the AC blower and temp. Again, it's a small thing, but it's something that Chevy needs to rethink in their design. I've taken this car on multiple road trips across country. It comfortably fits tall people (6'5" boyfriend). I've heard some people complain about the 3rd seat being a hassle to remove, but that's never been a problem for me and I'm a girl. I don't use them a ton, so I'd rather have the space to haul stuff. I do hate the way the new 2015s don't have removable 3rd row seats. Those new seats take up a full 5 inches of vertical space compared to the 07 to 14 models. Unfortunately that makes the 2015 something I'm not likely to buy when the time comes to replace my trusty 2007. Why get a Tahoe if you lose the benefit of all that great hauling space? And yes, I've actually put a tape measure on a lot of the large things I've hauled in my Tahoe to see if they could've fit in the 2015 cargo space and the answer in each case was no. Very disappointing, but I digress. For a big vehicle, it gets pretty good gas mileage. I always fuel up with 100% gasoline (no ethanol) when I can find it, or premium grade fuel. I get about 15 city and 19 highway. The Tahoe tows boats, cargo trailers, small horse trailers (2 horse), and atv trailers with no problem. The Tahoe also handles very well. One wouldn't think it would be as nimble as it is due to it's size, but it's been a great handling vehicle. Although where I'm from we rarely get snow, when it has snowed the Tahoe has handled the icy conditions just fine. To me, the 4wd option is essential. I've had it off road from time to time and it never disappoints me. Just to note, I grew up in a "GM Family." My family has owned a 1999 Suburban, two 2003 Yukon XL's, a 2003 GMC 2500HD Sierra, and a 2012 1500 Z71 Sierra. We've experienced no major problems with any of them. All of the GM products have been extremely reliable and all around great vehicles to own."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals