2006 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 963 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

A very reliable workhorse of a machine.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Excellent vehicle, comfortable, reliable, durable"

Cons: "Could be more economical."

"Purchased second hand and has been working hard for over 8 years continuous service. Relatively easy to service. Parts are quite available and reasonably priced. This machine has had no issues to speak of other than regular maintenance. It pulls my trailer with ease. The short wheelbase is normally convenient but tricky when pulling. This machine has been very reliable and I will hate to see it go in the future. I'm not convinced the newer versions are any better but they're much more expensive."

Excellent SUV for anyone, even the outdoorsman.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power, good offroad, lots of space"

Cons: "Heavy, Not great on corners, short wheelbase"

Nice spot on one of the local trails

"I have owned my 2003 Tahoe since it was on the showroom floor in late 2002. Some specs on it are LS, 2wd, 5.3L V8, 4 speed automatic, Leather seats, Tow package, and Bose sound system. This SUV has never left me stranded on the road, and I must admit, I do run it pretty hard. I even do occasional off-roading in this down here in Florida. For those of you who don't know, all off-roading in Florida is mud, and lots of it. This SUV has no problem going through moderate size mud holes with all terrain tires and its only 2wd! I make it through some things that 4x4 pickups get stuck in. It is also a nice ride on the road. Quiet interior, comfortable ride, and plenty of power. With the tow package and the 5.3L V8, this SUV is rated to tow 7,600 lbs. I have hauled my brothers boat from time to time which is about 8,400 lbs from time to time and this truck handled it quite easily I must say. Part of that could be that I have put 4.11 gears in, where stock was 3.43. She pulls hard and drives nicely."

Nice spot on one of the local trails

I love my Tahoe

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Reason: started to have problems

Pros: "COMFY AND DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"We have traveled all over in our vehicle. With five children it has been pretty comfortable and it didnt give me much trouble until I hit the 175K miles. lol. The A/C went out then the water pump and finally the motor. At about 130K miles I had to change the starter. The paint job still looks good and so does the interior. At 30k miles the back window one day popped open and shattered which the dealer changed out for me and said it was a defect with most tahoe's that year. But I really put a lot of mileage into that baby and I bought another Tahoe to replace it."

Best Value out there for a vehicle

By on Friday, November 20, 2015

Pros: "Value, Reliability and toughness"

Cons: "Mileage, some modern amenities"

"I have owned 3 Chevy Tahoes 1999-2000. Everyone of them loaded with leather and all the conveniences of the day they were made. This truck is a beast. It is large and comfortable on the inside. You won't win any races in it but that's not what it's about. The back is spacious. The ride is high and comfortable. I have bought one of them new and 2 of them used. As a used vehicle today you'll get them cheap. You'll get 10-12 mpg in mixed driving. After 150,000 you'll need spark plugs. That's it up until about 250,000 and you'll need a transmission. It is a very reliable vehicle that will not cost you anything in repairs of any concern. At 230K miles start looking for another one. It will be the most reliable cheap car to own. The gas mileage is poor but the upkeep is nil. Living in Connecticut and driven through some horrendous blizzard conditions this vehicle never even slowed down."

Most dependable car/suv I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "durrable versatile comfortable"

Cons: "interior dash plastic"

"I have had my 2001 Tahoe since 2004. I have 221k miles on it. Have only had to do typical maintenance on it like brakes and tires. The only additional repairs were the fuel pump at 190k miles and the ac at 180k. Both of which lasted much longer at that mileage than you would find on other similar type autos. It is very easy to drive and has great visibility. Not as bad on gas as people think, about 19.5 on interstate only about 13 to 14 in town though, but I have the 5.3 liter v8. Very durable engine. The only thing I find a fault is the leather seats are not fully leather, the sides of the seats are a vinyl that matches. Not sure if this is original or a repair that was done by original owner. Overall if you are considering one of these they are great and with so many out there getting parts if necessary is easy and somewhat cheap."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals