2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 970 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Exceptional ride,comfort,reliability

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"This is probably the most well designed Suv I've ever owned, I am a retired Chrysler Master Technician who ha s always driven Chevy trucks,the comfort,reliability,features,handling and appearance even after 12 years of normal service,brakes,tires,belts,t/stat/front wheel bearings,for a 110,000 mile vehicle has exceeded my expectations"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I own a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 5.3L and it has Real good power, the 5.3L is a great choice engine for these vehicles. Gas Mileage is good for a vehicle this size, i average about 16-17MPG on average and atleast 19.5-20MPG on the highway (id like to see your toyota sequoia get that). i wrecked mine april 2 and tboned it ($10,000 to fix, but oh well) with a cedar tree going atleast 50MPH, and the body soaked the hit up, i mean soaked it up i didnt even hurt anything. Lucky me! But i really do recommend this vehicle for anyone that wants a save vehicle with GREAT power, and good gas mileage. Oh and by the way im currently getting it fixed considering 10K damage, but im telling you guys these vehicles are just that good! Great Job Chevrolet. I Would DEFINATLY Reccomend this vehicle to anyone."

330,000 miles and still running strong.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"330,000 miles and still running strong. 260,000 miles on the original brakes. The only caveat; had to replace the transmission at 125,000 miles and again at 320,000 miles. Both the replacement tranny's were rebuilt from mfg'er seconds. My dad was a Chrysler guy, but can't deny the durability of Chevy. If all Chevy's perform like this, I'm a convert. I'll probably pass this Tahoe on to my son and buy another one."

Excellent SUV for anyone, even the outdoorsman.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power, good offroad, lots of space"

Cons: "Heavy, Not great on corners, short wheelbase"

Nice spot on one of the local trails

"I have owned my 2003 Tahoe since it was on the showroom floor in late 2002. Some specs on it are LS, 2wd, 5.3L V8, 4 speed automatic, Leather seats, Tow package, and Bose sound system. This SUV has never left me stranded on the road, and I must admit, I do run it pretty hard. I even do occasional off-roading in this down here in Florida. For those of you who don't know, all off-roading in Florida is mud, and lots of it. This SUV has no problem going through moderate size mud holes with all terrain tires and its only 2wd! I make it through some things that 4x4 pickups get stuck in. It is also a nice ride on the road. Quiet interior, comfortable ride, and plenty of power. With the tow package and the 5.3L V8, this SUV is rated to tow 7,600 lbs. I have hauled my brothers boat from time to time which is about 8,400 lbs from time to time and this truck handled it quite easily I must say. Part of that could be that I have put 4.11 gears in, where stock was 3.43. She pulls hard and drives nicely."

Nice spot on one of the local trails

A very reliable workhorse of a machine.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Excellent vehicle, comfortable, reliable, durable"

Cons: "Could be more economical."

"Purchased second hand and has been working hard for over 8 years continuous service. Relatively easy to service. Parts are quite available and reasonably priced. This machine has had no issues to speak of other than regular maintenance. It pulls my trailer with ease. The short wheelbase is normally convenient but tricky when pulling. This machine has been very reliable and I will hate to see it go in the future. I'm not convinced the newer versions are any better but they're much more expensive."

I love my Tahoe

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reason: started to have problems

Pros: "COMFY AND DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"We have traveled all over in our vehicle. With five children it has been pretty comfortable and it didnt give me much trouble until I hit the 175K miles. lol. The A/C went out then the water pump and finally the motor. At about 130K miles I had to change the starter. The paint job still looks good and so does the interior. At 30k miles the back window one day popped open and shattered which the dealer changed out for me and said it was a defect with most tahoe's that year. But I really put a lot of mileage into that baby and I bought another Tahoe to replace it."

Great all-around vehicle

By on Saturday, August 13, 2016

"A luxurious workhorse is what I call it..it's not a Land Cruiser in terms of off road capability, but can handle trails and off-road pretty well..ride comfort is excellent..reliability A+. a gas-and-go vehicle. Just remember to be on top of all fluid changes (oil, transmission, differential, coolant, power steering). Preventative maintenance is key. Cost to maintain is very decent. Gas mileage is poor, but that is to be expected. Find the right one and you will have many years of service. Mine is 12 years old, and still runs like a champ."

Most dependable car/suv I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "durrable versatile comfortable"

Cons: "interior dash plastic"

"I have had my 2001 Tahoe since 2004. I have 221k miles on it. Have only had to do typical maintenance on it like brakes and tires. The only additional repairs were the fuel pump at 190k miles and the ac at 180k. Both of which lasted much longer at that mileage than you would find on other similar type autos. It is very easy to drive and has great visibility. Not as bad on gas as people think, about 19.5 on interstate only about 13 to 14 in town though, but I have the 5.3 liter v8. Very durable engine. The only thing I find a fault is the leather seats are not fully leather, the sides of the seats are a vinyl that matches. Not sure if this is original or a repair that was done by original owner. Overall if you are considering one of these they are great and with so many out there getting parts if necessary is easy and somewhat cheap."

Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, handles wonderful, no major problems"

Cons: "Needs a better sounding stero system"

"Never in a million years did I think I would ever buy an SUV and give up my Caddys and BMW's but after being talked into the purchase by my husband (to towe his race/show cars and my daughter's horses) I gave in, however: it still has never towed anything. This Tahoe LS has over 115,500 miles and been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It rides like a caddy but doesn't have all the bells I was used to but, it handles like a dream. And unlike other cars, it is not like a reincarnated airplane that has to be on a lift every other week. The only problems I have had with my Tahoe was the spare tire broke loose and flew out from under the car. Thank goodness no one was behind me or the tire would have gone through their windshield. The dealer had never seen this happen before but they fixed it free. And it has never been off-road, nor used for 4 wheeling. Just the other day the battery died and after it was replaced, the speedometer jumped from 0 to 30 mph at random times (got my first speeding ticket ever because of this :( but after talking to the service man it's to be expected with 115,500 miles - but other than that, I keep the oil changed every 3,000 miles, tune it up, and change lightbulbs & tires when needed, just the normal upkeep and have never had all the problems I have had with other vehicles I have owned in my 43 years of driving. When this Tahoe goes to SUV heaven, I will buy another. The gas milage is actually better than I thought it would be. Overall, if you are looking for a great, dependable vehicle, I would highly recommend a Chevy Tahoe."

low maintainence low depreciation very durable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

"I cant beat the versatility and capability from a luxury ride to off road mountain sightseeing to trailer pulling it just keeps on keeping on"

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pros: "Have always loved driving it!"

Cons: "Have to remove 3rd row seats"

"Bought new in 2001. Taken several trips across country. Minor repairs over years. With 6 grand kids I can take them all, even with car seats. Would definitely buy again"

Very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive. Will go almost anywhere."

Cons: "Reliability, got ext warr-life saver."

"This SUV was driven for school activities for my kid by my wife, a volley ball coach. It seats 7 comfortably. It is definitely female friendly. With limited slip this 4X4 is unstoppable, even with the stock tires. Its been in the sand, 4 to 7 inches of mud and up to 8 inches of snow with no problem. The selection is 2WD, Auto,4 Hi, 4 Lo. Auto is great for heavy rain on the freeway. It is low enough to be stable at speed and high enough to clear up to 7 inch rocks on dirt roads. It feels like a tank off road. The 5.3L engine is very smooth and powerful. It pulls this 6000 lb SUV around like a sports car. With the friendly suspension settings this power train can get you in trouble, even with 190K miles on the OD. Major engine issues that extended warr covered. Overall best GM product I've ever owned as far as fit and finish but for a $43K SUV ext warr is a must. Great bug out vehicle. I love this 4X4."

best family vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

"I own this 2003 tahoe. Love this vehicle. Great for the family, vacations,and comfort. Never had no mechanical problems with it. It's 10 years old. And still a good car. Hope I have as good of a experience with my 2014 Tahoe."

Reliable, roomy, comfy!

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage is under 17 most fillups"

"I have put over 100,000 miles on my 2003 tahoe with nothing but great things to say. I'm a single mom on a budget & this vehicle has been so reliable & affordable to maintain. It also has all the guts you need to tow a boat or haul a trailer .. all the vents keep the kids and even the dog on the 'back back' cool or nice and toasty"

Rugged and very realiable

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "rides great"

Cons: "mileage could be better"

"I have owned this Tahoe for 11 of the last years and it has been a work horse. still have the original drive train and gets serviced reqularlly with the local Chevy dealer. Mileage is not bad at 17-18 on the road and less around town. I have been looking for another Tahoe. 2008-11 model. I have had 2 suburbans before and they were just as reliable. That 5.3 V8 engine is the best Chevy makes."

Great police vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Still Handles well for the abuse I put it through."

Cons: "Need the 3rd row. Sucks gas"

"I am original owner of this Limited model. I used it for police patrol until I maxed out the eligible years of service at 11 years. I did not want get rid of it, nor retire it from service because I love it so much. I plan on keeping it for as long as I can"

Nice smooth ride

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, lots of extras, roomy, smooth ride"

Cons: "Look up Technical Service Bulletins"

"Pros: This is a really nice vehicle, not too many complaints. It is comfortable and has many amenities some including heated seats, rear AC, rear seats, and rear radio for those who sit in the middle seats. These are some upgrades that are found on the LT model, the SLT has less in the extras department. The ZR1 has the "off road" package. Cons: even though I did pay a rock bottom price for this nice rig it did come with some unusual defects, for example the gauges in the dash would randomly stick or not work at all. The new part "as quoted by the dealership" was a little over $700, but with a little work and 6 new stepper motors the problem was fixed for less than $50. The other problem was the transfer case had bad internal clutches mostly, I think, due to a driver who didn’t know how to use the electronic 4-wheel drive. Overall: A very nice reliable and functional vehicle except for gas mileage my average fuel economy is 14.5 MPG, not the best but the car has lots of power to haul its and any thing else you have around. Definitely worth looking into if you’re a bigger person or have kids."

I LOVE MY TAHOE Z71

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, spacious, great turning radius"

Cons: "Leather drivers seat and windshield looks worn"

"I'm very sad. My husband says we need to trade in or sell my Tahoe. We bought a 5th wheel so we need to buy a big pick up truck to tow it. I love my Tahoe and I really hate to get rid of it. It has been very reliable, rides like a dream, is so comfortable, has all alot of the extras in this package, and has been a great car. We bought it new so have been the only owners. You can trust a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for being a great vehicle."

Great for traveling, towing, families and pets

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"My only real complaint is gas mileage, but it's comparable to other SUVs and trucks. The Tahoe is super comfortable, easy to drive, handles turns and hills well, spacious, and has a convenient setup. I've traveled over half the U.S. with kids and pets, and we can even sleep in it comfortably. Awesome vehicle."

Reliable and Good Companion

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "Great utility vehicle"

Cons: "None except I kept it too long"

"With 327,000 miles on this car you would think the transmission and engine would be a major problem. Only problem is my engine is burning coolant so once in a while I have to top off. Transmission is not slipping but there is slight drip in the seal so I have to add a quart of oil once a month. The radiator lasted until over 200,000 miles and also my rear end-one bearing popped so the rear was replaced. Hope my new 2015 will be as reliable or better."

great truck

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "ride,handling,"

Cons: "milage 16-17 mpg"

"can not complain, truck turns on a dime, rolls down the road with ease,coast forever it seems,has good power and it shifts like it did when I had 40,000 miles now it has 197,000, I work at a gmc dealership and we see these unit come in with 350-400,000 miles, I far as I can see they are defective, they won't to give fail. hard to sell someone a replacement when they last so long"

Fabulous car.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I bought this car for the comfort. Nothing has changed there. Interior has held up very well. I did replace one section of drivers seat with new leather. Section just wore out with all the sliding in and out of car. I take terrific care of this car. The engine is completely reviewed, cleaned and any worn parts, which have been very few, are replaced with factory parts every year before we hit the road for FL. It acts like a brand new car! Bought new tires all around two yrs ago. Plan to keep this car until they perfect an electric one. When we do buy a new car, it will be another Tahoe. My husband has a 2000 Silverado. All of the above can be written about that truck. We love the comfort, dependability and value of Chevrolet!"

Love it!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "The look,comfort,room."

Cons: "As with these models a little rust on the bumper."

"I've always have liked this body style so when I had the opportunity to get this I jumped at it. I love the room,the size and the look of this vehicle. It is a big heavy truck and rides like one so if you're looking for a sporty feel it's not for you. So far no issues with it. Has 118k."

Excellent SUV! My next new vehicle will be.......

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Runs smoothly"

Cons: "Small tear in side of leather seat."

"My next new vehicle will be a Chevy Tahoe. I never had a problem with this car and kept record of consistant, periodic maintenance. I have had this car since brand new and still runs perfectly smooth. I love this car!"

Absolutely love it!

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great amenities"

"I've owned my Tahoe for about 4 years now & it has been a great vehicle. Comfortable for trips & very comfy. I highly recommend the Tahoe. Great SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals