2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 941 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Rugged and very realiable

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "rides great"

Cons: "mileage could be better"

"I have owned this Tahoe for 11 of the last years and it has been a work horse. still have the original drive train and gets serviced reqularlly with the local Chevy dealer. Mileage is not bad at 17-18 on the road and less around town. I have been looking for another Tahoe. 2008-11 model. I have had 2 suburbans before and they were just as reliable. That 5.3 V8 engine is the best Chevy makes."

Great police vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Still Handles well for the abuse I put it through."

Cons: "Need the 3rd row. Sucks gas"

"I am original owner of this Limited model. I used it for police patrol until I maxed out the eligible years of service at 11 years. I did not want get rid of it, nor retire it from service because I love it so much. I plan on keeping it for as long as I can"

Nice smooth ride

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, lots of extras, roomy, smooth ride"

Cons: "Look up Technical Service Bulletins"

"Pros: This is a really nice vehicle, not too many complaints. It is comfortable and has many amenities some including heated seats, rear AC, rear seats, and rear radio for those who sit in the middle seats. These are some upgrades that are found on the LT model, the SLT has less in the extras department. The ZR1 has the "off road" package. Cons: even though I did pay a rock bottom price for this nice rig it did come with some unusual defects, for example the gauges in the dash would randomly stick or not work at all. The new part "as quoted by the dealership" was a little over $700, but with a little work and 6 new stepper motors the problem was fixed for less than $50. The other problem was the transfer case had bad internal clutches mostly, I think, due to a driver who didn’t know how to use the electronic 4-wheel drive. Overall: A very nice reliable and functional vehicle except for gas mileage my average fuel economy is 14.5 MPG, not the best but the car has lots of power to haul its and any thing else you have around. Definitely worth looking into if you’re a bigger person or have kids."

I LOVE MY TAHOE Z71

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, spacious, great turning radius"

Cons: "Leather drivers seat and windshield looks worn"

"I'm very sad. My husband says we need to trade in or sell my Tahoe. We bought a 5th wheel so we need to buy a big pick up truck to tow it. I love my Tahoe and I really hate to get rid of it. It has been very reliable, rides like a dream, is so comfortable, has all alot of the extras in this package, and has been a great car. We bought it new so have been the only owners. You can trust a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for being a great vehicle."

Great for traveling, towing, families and pets

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"My only real complaint is gas mileage, but it's comparable to other SUVs and trucks. The Tahoe is super comfortable, easy to drive, handles turns and hills well, spacious, and has a convenient setup. I've traveled over half the U.S. with kids and pets, and we can even sleep in it comfortably. Awesome vehicle."

Reliable and Good Companion

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great utility vehicle"

Cons: "None except I kept it too long"

"With 327,000 miles on this car you would think the transmission and engine would be a major problem. Only problem is my engine is burning coolant so once in a while I have to top off. Transmission is not slipping but there is slight drip in the seal so I have to add a quart of oil once a month. The radiator lasted until over 200,000 miles and also my rear end-one bearing popped so the rear was replaced. Hope my new 2015 will be as reliable or better."

great truck

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "ride,handling,"

Cons: "milage 16-17 mpg"

"can not complain, truck turns on a dime, rolls down the road with ease,coast forever it seems,has good power and it shifts like it did when I had 40,000 miles now it has 197,000, I work at a gmc dealership and we see these unit come in with 350-400,000 miles, I far as I can see they are defective, they won't to give fail. hard to sell someone a replacement when they last so long"

Fabulous car.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I bought this car for the comfort. Nothing has changed there. Interior has held up very well. I did replace one section of drivers seat with new leather. Section just wore out with all the sliding in and out of car. I take terrific care of this car. The engine is completely reviewed, cleaned and any worn parts, which have been very few, are replaced with factory parts every year before we hit the road for FL. It acts like a brand new car! Bought new tires all around two yrs ago. Plan to keep this car until they perfect an electric one. When we do buy a new car, it will be another Tahoe. My husband has a 2000 Silverado. All of the above can be written about that truck. We love the comfort, dependability and value of Chevrolet!"

Love it!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "The look,comfort,room."

Cons: "As with these models a little rust on the bumper."

"I've always have liked this body style so when I had the opportunity to get this I jumped at it. I love the room,the size and the look of this vehicle. It is a big heavy truck and rides like one so if you're looking for a sporty feel it's not for you. So far no issues with it. Has 118k."

Excellent SUV! My next new vehicle will be.......

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Runs smoothly"

Cons: "Small tear in side of leather seat."

"My next new vehicle will be a Chevy Tahoe. I never had a problem with this car and kept record of consistant, periodic maintenance. I have had this car since brand new and still runs perfectly smooth. I love this car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals