2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 948 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Most dependable car/suv I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "durrable versatile comfortable"

Cons: "interior dash plastic"

"I have had my 2001 Tahoe since 2004. I have 221k miles on it. Have only had to do typical maintenance on it like brakes and tires. The only additional repairs were the fuel pump at 190k miles and the ac at 180k. Both of which lasted much longer at that mileage than you would find on other similar type autos. It is very easy to drive and has great visibility. Not as bad on gas as people think, about 19.5 on interstate only about 13 to 14 in town though, but I have the 5.3 liter v8. Very durable engine. The only thing I find a fault is the leather seats are not fully leather, the sides of the seats are a vinyl that matches. Not sure if this is original or a repair that was done by original owner. Overall if you are considering one of these they are great and with so many out there getting parts if necessary is easy and somewhat cheap."

Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, handles wonderful, no major problems"

Cons: "Needs a better sounding stero system"

"Never in a million years did I think I would ever buy an SUV and give up my Caddys and BMW's but after being talked into the purchase by my husband (to towe his race/show cars and my daughter's horses) I gave in, however: it still has never towed anything. This Tahoe LS has over 115,500 miles and been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It rides like a caddy but doesn't have all the bells I was used to but, it handles like a dream. And unlike other cars, it is not like a reincarnated airplane that has to be on a lift every other week. The only problems I have had with my Tahoe was the spare tire broke loose and flew out from under the car. Thank goodness no one was behind me or the tire would have gone through their windshield. The dealer had never seen this happen before but they fixed it free. And it has never been off-road, nor used for 4 wheeling. Just the other day the battery died and after it was replaced, the speedometer jumped from 0 to 30 mph at random times (got my first speeding ticket ever because of this :( but after talking to the service man it's to be expected with 115,500 miles - but other than that, I keep the oil changed every 3,000 miles, tune it up, and change lightbulbs & tires when needed, just the normal upkeep and have never had all the problems I have had with other vehicles I have owned in my 43 years of driving. When this Tahoe goes to SUV heaven, I will buy another. The gas milage is actually better than I thought it would be. Overall, if you are looking for a great, dependable vehicle, I would highly recommend a Chevy Tahoe."

low maintainence low depreciation very durable

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

"I cant beat the versatility and capability from a luxury ride to off road mountain sightseeing to trailer pulling it just keeps on keeping on"

Excelllent vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "bar step is getting too high for an old man"

"This is an excellent vehicle overall for reliability, handling, comfort, convenience, economy and performance. If it were six inches closer to the ground, I would keep it forever."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Have always loved driving it!"

Cons: "Have to remove 3rd row seats"

"Bought new in 2001. Taken several trips across country. Minor repairs over years. With 6 grand kids I can take them all, even with car seats. Would definitely buy again"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals