2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 941 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I own a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 5.3L and it has Real good power, the 5.3L is a great choice engine for these vehicles. Gas Mileage is good for a vehicle this size, i average about 16-17MPG on average and atleast 19.5-20MPG on the highway (id like to see your toyota sequoia get that). i wrecked mine april 2 and tboned it ($10,000 to fix, but oh well) with a cedar tree going atleast 50MPH, and the body soaked the hit up, i mean soaked it up i didnt even hurt anything. Lucky me! But i really do recommend this vehicle for anyone that wants a save vehicle with GREAT power, and good gas mileage. Oh and by the way im currently getting it fixed considering 10K damage, but im telling you guys these vehicles are just that good! Great Job Chevrolet. I Would DEFINATLY Reccomend this vehicle to anyone."

222,000 miles and still going strong!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, durable & safe!"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great...but good for this size"

"I bought my 2001 Tahoe new and I am still driving it today. I have had virtually no problems with my Chevy 4WD Tahoe. I have kept up my oil changes and tire rotations every 5,000 miles and have only had to replace normal wear and tear items, like tires, brake pads, etc. Only recently did I have to replace the water pump and shocks. The Tahoe may be expensive up front to buy, but the maintenance costs are very low compared to other luxury SUV vehicles. People can't believe how old it is - it still looks and runs great! I have loved driving my Tahoe but I am getting ready to downsize and shop for a smaller SUV. I've been driving this Tahoe for almost 12 years (it has out lasted me!) and it's time for a change. :-)"

Great SUV!!

By on Friday, September 17, 2010

"I have had my 01 Tahoe for 8 years with over 190k miles on it. It has pulled my 21' boat like a champ every summer in the 100 degree temps. Besides changing the tires and brakes and regular oil changes I have really had to do no repairs on this truck. My next SUV will a chevy Tahoe again."

I have owned this Chev Tahoe since it was NEW

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cons: "I have owned this Chev Tahoe since it was NEW"

"I have owned this Chev Tahoe since it was NEW"

Exceptional ride,comfort,reliability

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"This is probably the most well designed Suv I've ever owned, I am a retired Chrysler Master Technician who ha s always driven Chevy trucks,the comfort,reliability,features,handling and appearance even after 12 years of normal service,brakes,tires,belts,t/stat/front wheel bearings,for a 110,000 mile vehicle has exceeded my expectations"

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, versatile"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought new in '02, never had a single major issue over 195000 miles; extremely dependable, roomy, still quiet after all these years, leather seats have worn well. But I have invested in careful maintenance, too. Cannot possibly say enough positive things about the vehicle. I've owned a lot of new cars in my 70 years, none (including 7-series BMWs) have been more dependable, more versatile, more comfortable than this baby."

still runs great - dependable & comfortable

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable & comfortable. Still runs great"

Cons: "3rd seat a bit heavy to remove"

"No major issues, just regular maintenace. New brakes at 150000 miles. Tranny and motor still good. Seats are very comfortable - other cars give me back pain when driving, but not my Tahoe's cloth seats"

Best Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "all good"

"I am 69 years of age and have had a lot of cars in my life time . This Tahoe is my baby ( next to my wife) it had been extremely good to us for 10 years with 130,000 miles traveling around the U.S. with our family . never given any major problems , all i did was take good care of it regular maintenance Tires, brakes ,battery ,oil changes and a few minor issues . Love the body style and comfort . No complaints . I love my Tahoe Was involved in a hit and run the car saved us all inside (6 family members )its a long story how i wound up on the divider but its all good ."

Excellent SUV for anyone, even the outdoorsman.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power, good offroad, lots of space"

Cons: "Heavy, Not great on corners, short wheelbase"

Nice spot on one of the local trails

"I have owned my 2003 Tahoe since it was on the showroom floor in late 2002. Some specs on it are LS, 2wd, 5.3L V8, 4 speed automatic, Leather seats, Tow package, and Bose sound system. This SUV has never left me stranded on the road, and I must admit, I do run it pretty hard. I even do occasional off-roading in this down here in Florida. For those of you who don't know, all off-roading in Florida is mud, and lots of it. This SUV has no problem going through moderate size mud holes with all terrain tires and its only 2wd! I make it through some things that 4x4 pickups get stuck in. It is also a nice ride on the road. Quiet interior, comfortable ride, and plenty of power. With the tow package and the 5.3L V8, this SUV is rated to tow 7,600 lbs. I have hauled my brothers boat from time to time which is about 8,400 lbs from time to time and this truck handled it quite easily I must say. Part of that could be that I have put 4.11 gears in, where stock was 3.43. She pulls hard and drives nicely."

Nice spot on one of the local trails

I love my Tahoe

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Reason: started to have problems

Pros: "COMFY AND DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"We have traveled all over in our vehicle. With five children it has been pretty comfortable and it didnt give me much trouble until I hit the 175K miles. lol. The A/C went out then the water pump and finally the motor. At about 130K miles I had to change the starter. The paint job still looks good and so does the interior. At 30k miles the back window one day popped open and shattered which the dealer changed out for me and said it was a defect with most tahoe's that year. But I really put a lot of mileage into that baby and I bought another Tahoe to replace it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals