2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 948 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent SUV for anyone, even the outdoorsman.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power, good offroad, lots of space"

Cons: "Heavy, Not great on corners, short wheelbase"

Nice spot on one of the local trails

"I have owned my 2003 Tahoe since it was on the showroom floor in late 2002. Some specs on it are LS, 2wd, 5.3L V8, 4 speed automatic, Leather seats, Tow package, and Bose sound system. This SUV has never left me stranded on the road, and I must admit, I do run it pretty hard. I even do occasional off-roading in this down here in Florida. For those of you who don't know, all off-roading in Florida is mud, and lots of it. This SUV has no problem going through moderate size mud holes with all terrain tires and its only 2wd! I make it through some things that 4x4 pickups get stuck in. It is also a nice ride on the road. Quiet interior, comfortable ride, and plenty of power. With the tow package and the 5.3L V8, this SUV is rated to tow 7,600 lbs. I have hauled my brothers boat from time to time which is about 8,400 lbs from time to time and this truck handled it quite easily I must say. Part of that could be that I have put 4.11 gears in, where stock was 3.43. She pulls hard and drives nicely."

Nice spot on one of the local trails

I love my Tahoe

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Reason: started to have problems

Pros: "COMFY AND DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"We have traveled all over in our vehicle. With five children it has been pretty comfortable and it didnt give me much trouble until I hit the 175K miles. lol. The A/C went out then the water pump and finally the motor. At about 130K miles I had to change the starter. The paint job still looks good and so does the interior. At 30k miles the back window one day popped open and shattered which the dealer changed out for me and said it was a defect with most tahoe's that year. But I really put a lot of mileage into that baby and I bought another Tahoe to replace it."

Excelllent vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "bar step is getting too high for an old man"

"This is an excellent vehicle overall for reliability, handling, comfort, convenience, economy and performance. If it were six inches closer to the ground, I would keep it forever."

330,000 miles and still running strong.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"330,000 miles and still running strong. 260,000 miles on the original brakes. The only caveat; had to replace the transmission at 125,000 miles and again at 320,000 miles. Both the replacement tranny's were rebuilt from mfg'er seconds. My dad was a Chrysler guy, but can't deny the durability of Chevy. If all Chevy's perform like this, I'm a convert. I'll probably pass this Tahoe on to my son and buy another one."

A very capable winter and off-road family rig

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Space, Winter Driving, Towing"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Bought our Tahoe used with 120K miles and well documented maintenance. This thing has been bullet proof for the last two years and 30K miles. Other than routine maintenance, has needed nothing. I would not hesitate to take the Tahoe cross country tonight! Incredible in the snow and ice (w/ siped all terrain tires). Last Christmas we went to Lake Tahoe. The first night we got 4 feet of snow and we drove right up hills many others could not make it up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals