1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 401 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Love this vehicle,it's a TANK!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,rugged"

Cons: "Not very good on gas."

"I bought my 99 Tahoe 4 yrs ago,few problems.It had 90000miles on it when I bought it.Did have an issue with the oxygen sensor,but didnt keep it from running.Ive heard it tends to be an issue with these-the light comes on just ignore it.A very sound vehicle with a strong Chevy truck motor.Yes,you don't get one for gas mileage,but it makes up for it by being a TANK-big(but not to big to be manageable)heavy,and Solid.A bunch of hood up front.I can testify to its toughness-I got clobbered by a car the other day.The car took the brunt of it for sure!about like hitting a brick wall!The Tahoe had surprisingly little damage,because of age and mileage totalled.Looking for another one!"

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "reliable and nice to drive"

"One of the best vehicles I've owned. It was all original up to two years ago. Some how got a hole in the plastic side tank of the radiator, then last had to replace the fuel pump and now the water pump. Not bad for 16 years old and over 200k miles."

VERY SAFE. Just saved my wife's life yesterday

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "It will save your familys life."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Gas mileage is not good but if you ever get in an accident this is the car you want protecting your family. Used it to go to work and back not high usage the last few years. It had 192,000 miles on it when it was totaled yesterday. We are looking for another one again."

A few minor issues

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible fuel economy"

"I only bought this vehicle 2 months ago from a local "private" dealer. When I buy a used vehicle, I already go in knowing to expect some issues. So far, I've had to get a 4 wheel alignment done and the inspection of the vehicle found that the fuel gauge needs to be replaced (not the float), brake fluid and power steering fluids are dirty and need to be flushed and bled, and the rear drum brakes need a manual adjustment. Not so bad since I only paid $2600 for it. Fact is that I NEED something tall like this as I have a very bad back and getting in and out of a regular car is too difficult.This is perfect for that, and the seat heaters are nice to have as well. I used to own a 2005 Grand Prix and loved it, but it was just killing me getting in and out of it and long drives were murder on my back. While I know I have some things to fix here, for now, I can at least calculate my mileage using the proper methods, so I won't run out of fuel. UNFORTUNATELY, I find that I only get about 10mpg city and about 13mpg on the highway. Not great mileage,so I thank God that gas prices are at a major low right now. Only $2.69 in my area. Still, with a 30 Gal tank, you can figure how much it costs to drive. I really only use it for trips to the store or to take my daughter and her husband to work. Overall, a decent truck for the cost."

best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"Had since 2000 no problems still going. Great Vehical"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals