1998 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 404 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Best SUV ever!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable and reliable."

"I bought this Tahoe used in 2003, it had 120,000 miles on it at that time. The insurance agent for the dealership was its first owner. I was very skeptical about buying a vehicle with this many miles, but I knew the dealership in Minnesota and the price I paid for a fully loaded Tahoe, was unmatched here in Washington. This Tahoe has been very reliable, the maintenance has been kept up on it and to this day, the Tahoe still has its original exhaust system; the transmission and engine are in excellent running order; I'm truly amazed! It looks good too!"

Best rig I ever have driven

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "great comfort, a pleasure to drive"

"Some vehicles are lemons...this 1995 Tahoe is a Peach!...a perfect peach! We have traveled over 300,000 road miles and it is still driving smooth and comfortable. A very good rig!"

It is a great suv

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

"It runs smooth. handles nicely. Can fit all kinds of items in the back and passengers comfortably. It handles accidents pretty well, it does keep you safe when someone sideswipes you. Great view through the windows all around. Manny"

Love this vehicle,it's a TANK!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,rugged"

Cons: "Not very good on gas."

"I bought my 99 Tahoe 4 yrs ago,few problems.It had 90000miles on it when I bought it.Did have an issue with the oxygen sensor,but didnt keep it from running.Ive heard it tends to be an issue with these-the light comes on just ignore it.A very sound vehicle with a strong Chevy truck motor.Yes,you don't get one for gas mileage,but it makes up for it by being a TANK-big(but not to big to be manageable)heavy,and Solid.A bunch of hood up front.I can testify to its toughness-I got clobbered by a car the other day.The car took the brunt of it for sure!about like hitting a brick wall!The Tahoe had surprisingly little damage,because of age and mileage totalled.Looking for another one!"

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "reliable and nice to drive"

"One of the best vehicles I've owned. It was all original up to two years ago. Some how got a hole in the plastic side tank of the radiator, then last had to replace the fuel pump and now the water pump. Not bad for 16 years old and over 200k miles."

VERY SAFE. Just saved my wife's life yesterday

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "It will save your familys life."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Gas mileage is not good but if you ever get in an accident this is the car you want protecting your family. Used it to go to work and back not high usage the last few years. It had 192,000 miles on it when it was totaled yesterday. We are looking for another one again."

A few minor issues

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible fuel economy"

"I only bought this vehicle 2 months ago from a local "private" dealer. When I buy a used vehicle, I already go in knowing to expect some issues. So far, I've had to get a 4 wheel alignment done and the inspection of the vehicle found that the fuel gauge needs to be replaced (not the float), brake fluid and power steering fluids are dirty and need to be flushed and bled, and the rear drum brakes need a manual adjustment. Not so bad since I only paid $2600 for it. Fact is that I NEED something tall like this as I have a very bad back and getting in and out of a regular car is too difficult.This is perfect for that, and the seat heaters are nice to have as well. I used to own a 2005 Grand Prix and loved it, but it was just killing me getting in and out of it and long drives were murder on my back. While I know I have some things to fix here, for now, I can at least calculate my mileage using the proper methods, so I won't run out of fuel. UNFORTUNATELY, I find that I only get about 10mpg city and about 13mpg on the highway. Not great mileage,so I thank God that gas prices are at a major low right now. Only $2.69 in my area. Still, with a 30 Gal tank, you can figure how much it costs to drive. I really only use it for trips to the store or to take my daughter and her husband to work. Overall, a decent truck for the cost."

best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"Had since 2000 no problems still going. Great Vehical"

Have owned 8 of these in the last 40 years

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great solid vehicle"

Cons: "Not made in 2 doors since about 2000"

"Excellent value, for the price Kelley gives of just over $3100 I would buy 10 that are in the shape mine is in. The ones I have priced at that price were all run down, but you get what you pay for. I get 2-3 compliments every time I take it out as these are becoming rare to find in 2 doors in great shape. These are extremely reliable vehicles that are both useful, good looking and comfortable. Great for long hwy trips. Parts are readily available at good prices and the vehicle is easy to work on. I started with a new '73 Blazer and was very disappointed when GM quit the 2 door full size Blazers, Tahoes, Yukons and Jimmys."

Great, extremely reliable truck.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, easy to repair and maintain."

Cons: "Chugs gas :("

"We bought this truck as a 3rd owner with around 111k miles on it. We only had one major mechanical failure (transmission went out at 186k miles), but got it repaired for a very good price. It has otherwise been a tremendously reliable, dependable, tough, long-lasting vehicle. It's been through numerous blizzards (up to 4 feet of snow), but handles it like a champ. I've never gotten stuck or felt like I would have to be concerned about not getting where I need to be (I work in a hospital and have to be there regardless of the weather). I've even had this truck in 3 feet of flood water (stupid idea, I know) and had no problems with it whatsoever. I will still haul trailers with it and use it as my daily driver. Barely consumes any oil at all, even with having 268k miles on it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals